It's worth contacting Ford

clippedwings

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Transit Connect
Stuck in Order Limbo? Not sure if your order has actually been placed? Generated an order but never got a response from Ford? Can't trust the info your dealer has given you? Contact Ford at the 800 help line. It will be worth a long wait on the phone.

I placed an order for a Lariat and made a $500 deposit on 09/01/21. This was all done over the phone. Never actually visited the dealership which is 75 miles distant. All I ever saw from the dealer (and only through text messages) was the "pre-orders" which show configuration and price, and usually show This is not an invoice or something similar in fine print at the bottom of the page. I made many calls and sent numerous texts to the dealer. I also contacted the dealer's Internet Manager. They kept claiming that my order had been submitted. What did that even mean? I never knew because I never received the response from Ford that everyone says you get soon after your submission. This "limbo" creates a situation that is frustrating enough - do I have a new vehicle coming or not? What bothered me even more is that I needed some kind of ball-park response from Ford in order to coordinate the sale of my current vehicle (which is necessary for my business), and to arrange for a bit of financing - all hopefully occurring at as close to the arrival of my new MAV as possible. My dealer just kept claiming my order had been submitted, and kept blaming the lack of response on some nebulous problem with the email system ?????? After a month I decided to take matters into my own hands and went to the the Ford help line to see if my order had, in fact, been put into the system.

After a long wait on the phone, a very helpful agent answered, and within a few minutes I was able to confirm that I was, in fact, in the system. This doesn't get me any build info at this stage, but at least I know my order has been acknowledged, and I AM in the system. If you are left in darkness about your build, don't hesitate to contact Ford. They can resolve your uncertainty and bewilderment. You will be glad you went to the trouble. There is still a lot of uncertainty in the system at present, but it's a relief to know that at least you're in play.
Sponsored

Redneck Garage

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.theredneckgarage.com
Vehicle(s)
10 Wrangler 22 Lexus 22 Maverick 23 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

You might want to go back and watch Tim Bartz videos from Long McArthur Ford - you can be in the system and still not in que for a build due to your dealer not ordering properly. They have to document Drivers license and signature on build for the order to be accepted. Not saying yours isnt but ......

Pairof98s

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ram 1500, 2020 4Runner
Totally agree. I was in the dark for weeks until I called the Ford CRC. Was immediately given my VIN and tracking info. I’ve been steps ahead of the dealer ever since. He probably doesn’t know mine is already built and en route to them. Come October 9, I’ll be doing a daily drive-by to if a transporter has dropped it off

bgillen35

First Name
Brendan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Prius, '19 Indian FTR-S, '20 Mustang EcoBoost
I was in the same exact situation and limbo like you, not sure if my order was actually placed as I only did it over the phone. I did not wait as long as you however and was on the phone with ford 2 days after placing my order with the dealer. They said it showed as "Order Processing." They couldn't tell me if that was different than "Order Confirmed" but I left it at that for now. After another two-three days and I still did not get an email, I called again. They recommended I contact the marketing department as their system is different and can see even more info. They were incredibly helpful. A few hours after getting off the phone with them, my actual confirmation email came through. Now one less thing to be anxious about knowing I am actually "in line" so to speak.

If anyone else needs it, here is the marketing phone number: 1-800-334-4375

TheGriffin1313

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mongo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mav, 05 M3, 07GSXR
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Having a vin number is a sure way to quell any anxiety regardless of any emails.
I have the confirmation email from Ford, I have talk to the rep and Ford but to vin number yet.
Its like being in a waiting room to hear that the wife is going to have the baby but the water hasn't broken yet.

Sponsored

altomav

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Keven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick, '71 GMC
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I used the chat line one time, they were helpful and also verified my order.

asel3121

First Name
Asel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro
Engine
Undecided
I last called Aug 31 about my order that was placed 7/22. They had a different order number than I did so it took a few minutes to find me in the system. I was told I should likely get scheduled in the next week or two, but that clearly didn't happen. Planning to call again today. I've tried to be patient but I need to get in a new car soon. The Maverick is really the only thing I like, but I'm just over my current vehicle. Also doesn't help that the last time I texted my sales rep he never replied. Coffee is for closers.

altomav

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Keven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick, '71 GMC
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Is the chart line faster than calling customer service?
From the comments I've been reading there is a lengthy wait. You can do what I do sometimes is start a chat and a call at the same time, keep who's first to reply.

MavrickEcoBoost

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Not a bad idea, I called this past Wednesday just to verify it was in there. The lady who answered was very nice and was able to tell me that it was ordered, she did not see any hold ups, but did not have a vin # yet. Even if you have a good dealer it might be worth it to check on it at least once especially if you have gotten past a month or more without a in production email.

Sponsored

PaulJr

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Fiesta
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks for that information, called and found out everything is okay. Told me to call back next month and I should be able to get a VIN.

kboom180

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks for this. Same position. One thing I noticed when I went into the dealer to confirm my order had been submitted (hadn't received anything from Ford, just the dealership) is that in the customer email, there was some random address. Something like 8372847238@something or other. I had them change it to my email. Still haven't received anything from ford but pretty sure my initial order confirmation is sitting in the inbox of that random email address....

When you place your order, make sure they put the right email address.

egress555

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kona
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I used the chat line as well. They said order was in process. Found out thru Tim's videos on Youtube Long McArthur Ford that even if the order has been placed and is in process Ford will not look at order for scheduling unless dealer has put order in thru ROVP (retail order verification process). So I will call Marketing on Monday to make sure this was done. I keep getting the same thing from dealer, yada yada, order was put in but never heard anything from Ford. So I guess sometimes the customer must do some leg work when ordering.

This ordering a vehicle process is all new to me and I am learning as I go.

Benson

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Benson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Totally agree. I was in the dark for weeks until I called the Ford CRC. Was immediately given my VIN and tracking info. I’ve been steps ahead of the dealer ever since. He probably doesn’t know mine is already built and en route to them. Come October 9, I’ll be doing a daily drive-by to if a transporter has dropped it off
you ordered in June?
Sponsored