First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I was happy to learn today that FordPass is standard on all trims for the Maverick. I am especially thrilled to learn that through this app one is able to start the vehicle remotely.​
This remote starte feature is particularly helpful in extremely hot or cold weather. Temperatures in south florida can rise pretty quickly during the long summer days, which is concerning when you have a newborn child like I do.​
Does anyone know if the apps lets you set the A/C temperature remotely? Or will it start at the temperature it was set to last time the car was running?​
Sponsored

clavicus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm not totally sure, but this video indicates you can.

pxpaulx

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Not sure what is in the video above, but I would expect that similar to my Ranger, all you'll be able to control is stop/start and the door locks. I would expect temp settings to be the same as when it was last running on the climate control side.

SpacemanSpiff

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tyreese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-15 Eagle
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Not sure what is in the video above, but I would expect that similar to my Ranger, all you'll be able to control is stop/start and the door locks. I would expect temp settings to be the same as when it was last running on the climate control side.
The videos states that you will be able to “Lock and unlock, as well as the ability to remote start your vehicle and climate control...”

OP
OP
danielmartinez20

danielmartinez20

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

I actually found this video, which exolains that the temp settings for remote start can be changed from the "Vehicle Settings" section inside the infotainment system

Sponsored

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Breakout, 21 Road King Special, 22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

I actually found this video, which exolains that the temp settings for remote start can be changed from the "Vehicle Settings" section inside the infotainment system
He said he has his truck, wife's and son's car on his Ford app. He also said he could start or stop any of them from his phone. This got me thinking. Could you use the app to stop your vehicle if someone stole it? Or is remote stop disabled when the vehicle is in motion? Hmm

jimmy fitzwell

First Name
jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
73 pinto wagon, 67 olds 98
I was happy to learn today that FordPass is standard on all trims for the Maverick. I am especially thrilled to learn that through this app one is able to start the vehicle remotely.​
This remote starte feature is particularly helpful in extremely hot or cold weather. Temperatures in south florida can rise pretty quickly during the long summer days, which is concerning when you have a newborn child like I do.​
Does anyone know if the apps lets you set the A/C temperature remotely? Or will it start at the temperature it was set to last time the car was running?​
Even on XL? So any kid can hack and steal my Mav?

BDennis

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion, E450 Leprechaun
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Remote starting a keyed ignition?

bpcooper14

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 Nissan Frontier
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I had remote start on a keyed ignition before. If you tried to shift out of park without the key in the ignition, the car would shut off

mav_can

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X3, 2018 Mustang EB Premium
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I had remote start on a keyed ignition before. If you tried to shift out of park without the key in the ignition, the car would shut off
Plus on the hybrid this is really all a formality anyway. There isn’t even a starter motor on the hybrid, if it’s anything like the Toyota system it uses the motor generator instead of a starter to turn the crank and start the engine.
Sponsored