PortlandME

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I am trying to confirm if I'll be able to use FordPass on a Maverick XL to remote start the engine (even though it's not a push-start)? From what I can tell, since the vehicle is equipped with FordPass Connect I should be able to do so, and it would be a complimentary feature? Can someone confirm if that's true? If so, I'm not sure why this isn't being more heavily advertised... I think it's a big deal, and would make me feel a lot better about not having heated seats! Thanks!
Sponsored

balucipher

First Name
Balu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator, 2021 Tesla Model Y
From the press release:

What’s inside?
Maverick won’t make its owners run up the bill for a good user experience, offering options for both built-in and brought-in technology. Its standard 8-inch center touch screen features Apple CarPlay® and Android Auto® compatibility so customers can have the experience they’re used to with their phones. Maverick has standard FordPass™ Connect with embedded modem and Wi-Fi for up to 10 devicesƗƗƗ, while standard FordPass™ makes it easy to find the truck, check fuel level, lock and unlock the doors, and start or turn off the vehicle – all from your phone.

zackmd1

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang 429BB / 2019 Tesla Model 3
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
From what I can tell, we should be able to remote start from the app on the XL. The option is for a key fob that has the ability to remote start.

pxpaulx

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The ford videos seemed to confirm this will be available as well - I have it on my Ranger and it works well, has come in handy more than once (not to mention the door unlock!). I find it annoying that they skip the push button on the lower trims, but needing the key isn't the end of the world.

Sponsored

OP
OP

PortlandME

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
From what I can tell, we should be able to remote start from the app on the XL. The option is for a key fob that has the ability to remote start.
The fob isn’t an option on the XL, is it? I don’t think I saw it when building on the Ford site.

zackmd1

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The fob isn’t an option on the XL, is it? I don’t think I saw it when building on the Ford site.
No only the XLT gets that option. You have to go all the way up to the Lariat to get push button start and remote start as standard I believe.

oljackfrost

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They're all sold, waiting for Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hold on folks! Hate to burst your bubble but I’m pretty sure this requires an AT&T phone and internet account to work. I’m willing to bet AT&T is charging for the service. Ford gives you the app and the capability, but you still have to pay for the service.

balucipher

First Name
Balu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator, 2021 Tesla Model Y
Hold on folks! Hate to burst your bubble but I’m pretty sure this requires an AT&T phone and internet account to work. I’m willing to bet AT&T is charging for the service. Ford gives you the app and the capability, but you still have to pay for the service.
Nah

OP
OP

PortlandME

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
That's what I was expecting to be the case, but I don't see anything anywhere about a charge for the service (from Ford or AT&T). You can pay for Wifi / Hotspot access in the car through AT&T. What makes you pretty sure you'll beed to pay the basic FordPass service?

Sponsored

oljackfrost

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That's what I was expecting to be the case, but I don't see anything anywhere about a charge for the service (from Ford or AT&T). You can pay for Wifi / Hotspot access in the car through AT&T. What makes you pretty sure you'll beed to pay the basic FordPass service?
Because the wifi hotspot is how you communicate with your vehicle using FordPass. If it was free, why would Ford bundle remote start with the luxury package?

TylerDurden

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mercury Marauder & 2002 Ford Explorer
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Lol, I don't even have WIFI in my house, no way im buying it for the car! 😆

OP
OP

PortlandME

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Because the wifi hotspot is how you communicate with your vehicle using FordPass. If it was free, why would Ford bundle remote start with the luxury package?
I think (as has been stated before) the remote start bundled in the luxury package is the key fob (that let's you use remote start without a phone).

I definitely could be wrong.. as I said when I started the thread, I find it difficult to find a clear answer and would think that Ford would be heavily marketing it as a free standard option (especially as they are trying to appeal to millennials).

zackmd1

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

oljackfrost

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Again, from what I understand, basic vehicle functions like the remote start, lock and unlock, etc... do NOT require the purchase of an AT&T plan. The hotspot DOES require the purchase of a plan.

https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/fordpass-app-features-price-availability/
There is no way for your phone to communicate without a plan.
Here is the official wording from the Ford order guide:
  1. 1Wi-Fi hotspot includes wireless data trial that begins upon AT&T activation and expires at the end of 3 months or when 3GB of data is used, whichever comes first, but cannot extend beyond the trial subscription period for remote features. To activate, go to www.att.com/ford
    2FordPass Connect (optional on select vehicles), the Ford Pass App., and Complimentary Connected Services are required for remote features (see FordPass Terms for details). Connected Service and features depend on compatible AT&T network availability. Evolving technology/cellular networks/vehicle capability may limit functionality and prevent operation of connected features. Connected services excludes Wi-Fi hotspot.
Sponsored