2016 RAV 4 / 2022 Maverick Lariat

tngreg

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
In other news, Toyota had a recall of a million cars, Mercedes realized the C class is a POS, Volkswagon lied about MPG and Nissan? Well, they sold a bunch of cars to people with bad credit.

Next update in a week.
Let's not leave out our friends at Chrysler Capital aka (Fiat Chrysler).
Obviously they finance anyone who can fog a window...LOL

OP
OP
athertonbt

athertonbt

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL EB FWD Carb Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Jalopnik is about as reliable as MotorBiscuit. Third-rate at this point.
Issue has been acknowledged by Ford directly multiple times as referenced elsewhere in this thread. Unfortunately, numbers don't lie. #1 company in the US for warranty payouts across all industries, not just automotive.

OP
OP
athertonbt

athertonbt

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
In other news, Toyota had a recall of a million cars, Mercedes realized the C class is a POS, Volkswagon lied about MPG and Nissan? Well, they sold a bunch of cars to people with bad credit.

Next update in a week.
I never really understand the defense of well, the company that's making my vehicle is having a lot of documented quality issues, but so are some other companies that don't build my vehicle! None of those companies build the truck we're all excited about. It's the same Cincinnati Reds defense I've heard my whole life - they suck at baseball right now which is their job, but I remember when they didn't suck, and other teams have also sucked sometimes so...we win! Apologies to my fellow Reds fans :)

scmtam

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ranger 2017 fiesta
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
https://jalopnik.com/ford-vows-to-clean-up-quality-as-recalls-hit-hard-1849104147

"There are multiple theories as to why Ford products are such a headache for their owners from moving too fast on cutting edge technology while trying to save money by cutting corners in areas like development and testing to a brain drain of experienced engineers to using parts from the lowest-bidding supplier. "
Ford has Always been that way for quite a while. Once the money slows, they point fingers at the workers but they can only do with what they are given and only have 2 hands.

Sponsored

OP
OP
athertonbt

athertonbt

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Here's a deeper dive into the data used in the Detroit Free Press article:

https://www.warrantyweek.com/archive/ww20211118.html

Ford looks to be trending in a positive direction, just can't ignore what the last couple years have looked like in regards to recalls and warranty payouts. It's not intended as a put down of Ford. Just is what it is.

Scott Asheville

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 AWD XLT ECO LUX CP360 HPR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My kid (or Maverick) is vastly superior to all the other kids (or cars). No really, because he's my kid (or hobbit truck). Because no way I would raise (or buy) something imperfect.

Sneezy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes S500
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I think we can all agree that FOX and CNN are not outlets to go to for accurate news, just affirmation of your own beliefs. Now in the interest of keeping this thread from getting political, I definitely approve of the way Jim Farley has been managing the helm.
Heck Toyota is still dealing with either their third or fourth class action lawsuit for frames rusting out dating back to the 90’s tacomas, 4Runners, all the way through 2016 Tundras and sequoias (I’m addition to tacomas and 4Runners still) and every year in between. Turns out they dissolve pretty quickly in the salt belt region 😬

Sponsored

CenTexMav

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous: Subaru WRX, Challanger RT, RAM 1500
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Jalopnik is about as reliable as MotorBiscuit. Third-rate at this point.
It's a shame... Jalopnik used to be pretty good. Then they had a lot of turnover and now they do things like "Question of the Day" that is nothing more than someones random opinion and they act like it was in depth research.

Rainey

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick First Edition
https://jalopnik.com/ford-vows-to-clean-up-quality-as-recalls-hit-hard-1849104147

"There are multiple theories as to why Ford products are such a headache for their owners from moving too fast on cutting edge technology while trying to save money by cutting corners in areas like development and testing to a brain drain of experienced engineers to using parts from the lowest-bidding supplier. "
What I can say is I have owned pretty much every brand of car made from the three American cars to Mercedes, BMW, Honda, Toyota, Nissan and others. I have decided that Ford is my brand. I have never had a major issue with any one of my Fords in the many years I have owned them. I think the looks of their cars and trucks are the best of any company, they are fun to drive and extremely reliable. I am a Ford man I am happy to own one and have no plans to own any other brand at this point in my life.

Cannedtunafishisgood

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Really, and what manufacture would be leading in this department?
Tesla comes to mind for sales model.
Toyota for the first mass hybrid 1997.
GM was the first mass all electric in 1996.
Overall i believe testa revolutionized the car industry. Ford is just trying to play caught up.

Mavonorder

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camry
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Nothing like stating the obvious. :)
That actually happened to my wife. My 1979 F150 lost a rear wheel while she was driving. Scared the heck out of her. Shop had pulled that wheel for brake inspection and never tightened the lug nuts. Took a while but it eventually came off. Fortunately she was not driving fast and managed to get off the road on three wheels.
Lug nuts not being tightened at a shop happened to me a couple times so I check them after every tire rotation done at a shop. And once, my car was short 4 quarts of oil (out of 5) after an oil change and the dummy light went on immediately and car shut off asap. Whew! I mostly do all my own oil changes and tires rotations now.

Guv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Engine
Undecided
Tesla comes to mind for sales model.
Toyota for the first mass hybrid 1997.
GM was the first mass all electric in 1996.
Overall i believe testa revolutionized the car industry. Ford is just trying to play caught up.
Toyota had a rubber oil gallery supply line that would rupture and bleed the engine dry resulting in a destroyed engine,
Sticking throttles held wide open resulting in deaths
Undoubtably there are others.
Have you ever driven a C-Max and a Prius, we owned both. The Prius should get better fuel economy because of all the comfort and performance you are giving up to the Ford.
GM, where do we begin:
Vega
Cadillac V8-6-4
Northstar V-8
Converted pushrod to DOHC 3.4 V-6 offered in the classic Lumina
Monza, Starfire, Skyhawk, Sunbird, all the same horrible cars. Did you ever have to remove a front tire to change spark plugs.
The mighty 301 Pontiac Turbo, the was a piece of work.
X cars...........
Oldsmobile 5.7 Diesel, hell any GM diesel. Gotta give credit for having Isuzu start building their diesels though!
Turbo 200 transmissions in full size cars
6.2 diesel, I'm sure I am forgetting something........except
Mass Electric, how come being a car dude and a mechanic for 40 years I have never seen one except in a magazine?
I have no beef with Tesla and most everyone's playing catch-up to them.
Sponsored