2.5L Hybrid
Didn’t these already sell out? Thought I saw that in the news today
Sponsored

tateconcepts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Subaru Forrester Sport
not familiar with "LCI", but how old is this current global platform under Escape, Bronco Sport, and Maverick? 3-5 years, or more? I'm guessing there will be a "mid-cycle refresh" at some point where they make provisions fo a plug in hybrid and ultimately full BEV. I would also bet there will be ability to completely retrofit hybrid and ICE powered to full BEV- just sign up at your friendly Ford dealer :cool:
I too see this, just like a Hovercar upgrade in Back to the Future II - I noticed the E-crate motors on motor trend and CNET. I wouldn't be surprised if that is "exactly" why these will continue to sell out too. With the current demand out there for used cars, being able to fully retrofit some classics still in Mecum action-like condition from the past decades is an instant money maker.

Garbone

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MachE, MachE, Explorer, C10
Engine
Undecided
Just a couple years ago we replace the SBC in or 62 C20 along with fuel tank and installed real brakes. With less than 2k on the mill the crate idea causes a bit of buyers remorse. That is until we looked into getting a battery pack for the conversion. Yup, conversion is not quite here yet but close.

Eagle11

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 Boxster S, 2018 BMW M5, Ducati's, Suzuki's
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Just a couple years ago we replace the SBC in or 62 C20 along with fuel tank and installed real brakes. With less than 2k on the mill the crate idea causes a bit of buyers remorse. That is until we looked into getting a battery pack for the conversion. Yup, conversion is not quite here yet but close.
It's just money.
Sponsored