Ford, thanks for the (Useless) Gift Card

OP
OP

NoNameActor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
People will literally complain about anything. I am sorry you have been waiting for a long time.... seems like everyone has including myself. Dont mean to bash anyone, it just seems that every single post is someone complaining about something.
I normally don't complain, and I'm not complaining about the build time. I've been patient waiting for the Maverick. I have a great dealership with great people I've been dealing with for years. My complaint is being told different things by different people from Ford Marketing. I never expected or even asked for this gift card, but I wasn't going to turn it down either. But when one higher up tells me it can be used for accessories, then another says it can't, there is a problem. If this is just for Ford branded merchandise, they are not giving up that much. It may be 100 dollar gift card, but that merchandise probably costs Ford less than a 1/3 of that. I just don't like being lied to.
Sponsored

Bobby L

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 maverick xlt hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I understand the frustration about the gift card, though for different reasons. I have been unable to redeem mine, because the site keeps telling me to enter a valid code. I have tried copying and pasting the gift card code with and without spaces and tapping the shop now link to no avail. I haven't had time to call Ford back to see what my next steps are.
Same happened to me and was told it has to be used with a computer not your phone or iPod. Then it worked like a charm. Just another glitch in the system.

Jerry F

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jerry F
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick lariat hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I waited 10 months 2 days for my cyber orange lariat. I got a gift card from Ford,to use on merchandise. I problem was that the card expired before I received the truck. I've had my truck 5 months,got 2100 miles on it I'm getting over 42 mpg. I've received recalls for something about the grill,skid plate and the latest for side air bags. The truck is everything I hoped for,I was worth the wait.

OP
OP

NoNameActor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
I waited 10 months 2 days for my cyber orange lariat. I got a gift card from Ford,to use on merchandise. I problem was that the card expired before I received the truck. I've had my truck 5 months,got 2100 miles on it I'm getting over 42 mpg. I've received recalls for something about the grill,skid plate and the latest for side air bags. The truck is everything I hoped for,I was worth the wait.
The truck will be amazing. Hoping it gets here a week early..lol. I just feel I was given false information about the gift card.

Sponsored

Mabcim

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick Lariat 2.0 AWD; 20 Escape SEL 2.0 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I got my gift card back in March. That rep was clear about it not being usable for accessories, just merch. Which is fine. However, I still haven’t used mine because they are always out of Maverick stuff. I’ll just wait it out.

OP
OP

NoNameActor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
I got my gift card back in March. That rep was clear about it not being usable for accessories, just merch. Which is fine. However, I still haven’t used mine because they are always out of Maverick stuff. I’ll just wait it out.
I think I will take another poster's advice and give it to one the people at the dealership. The only branded stuff I wear are sports related or metal bands.

NJBob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, 2003 MR2, 2019 Forrester, 1969 Z/28
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Sponsored

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, - Lariat, Hyundai Palisade
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
@Ford Motor Company thanks for the gift card...but maybe next time when you have a patient customer waiting a almost a year for their vehicle, offer something they can use! WTF good is a gift card if I can't purchase what I want?! I was trying to order the Maverick lettering...but it can't ship to Oklahoma. Ordered it through the dealer, to be then told they can't use the gift card. Told by a Ford marketing rep that the dealer needs to contact their Ford Resources, only to be told by another marketing rep, its only good for Ford Branded merchandise. WTF! No one can give a clear answer, and not everyone wears branded merchandise. If I want to have products with the Ford logo I will buy them myself...what I want is the lettering for the Maverick. Also, don't have the link to accessories on that website if you will not honer the gift card you offered. This is nothing more than a BS offer to get rid of products not selling to advertise Ford. NEW FLASH...the lettering on the back of my FE RR Maverick is better advertisement for the Ford brand than the shirts and mugs you gave me a gift card to buy. Useless offer, and insult to a long time Ford driver and patient customer.
Your story is a short scripted version of the movie Catch-22 and a faster read than the book. Totally get your frustration.

PDM33

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sounds terrible and completely useless. I will take if off your hands to relive some of this unbearable stress.

OP
OP

NoNameActor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Sounds terrible and completely useless. I will take if off your hands to relive some of this unbearable stress.
I appreciate your willingness to help ease my pain. But I think I'm going to give to someone at the dealership. They've been helping me for years, and I'm sure someone will appreciate it.