First Name
Amy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hybrid Lariat Luxury w/CP360 + CP360A
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It did the same thing to me when I tried to order on the accessories site. As I told Ford Marketing earlier, if you can't use the card for vehicle accesories, then they probably should link the website with the merchandise site. Ford Marketing said there is no reason I shouldn't be able to use that card for accessories...I guess that was wrong.
I was trying to order merchandise, not accessories. 🤷🏾‍
Sponsored

MM Mav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Amy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Same happened to me and was told it has to be used with a computer not your phone or iPod. Then it worked like a charm. Just another glitch in the system.
Thank you for that information. I'll try ordering from my laptop.

holy triumvirate

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I normally don't complain, and I'm not complaining about the build time. I've been patient waiting for the Maverick. I have a great dealership with great people I've been dealing with for years. My complaint is being told different things by different people from Ford Marketing. I never expected or even asked for this gift card, but I wasn't going to turn it down either. But when one higher up tells me it can be used for accessories, then another says it can't, there is a problem. If this is just for Ford branded merchandise, they are not giving up that much. It may be 100 dollar gift card, but that merchandise probably costs Ford less than a 1/3 of that. I just don't like being lied to.
Don't know why people are giving you a hard time. The gift card adds insult to injury.

It's like getting a membership to the jelly of the month club when you were expecting a Christmas bonus to fund a swimming pool for your family. And we saw what happened to Mr. Shirley when he pulled that crap. I'd rather them just not send the stupid gift card at all if I had to buy a Ford hat with it.

And for the record, I'm not a complainer. But certain things rub me the wrong way, and I'd probably have a similar reaction if I was in your shoes. God forbid you post about it on a message board.

OP
OP

NoNameActor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Don't know why people are giving you a hard time. The gift card adds insult to injury.

It's like getting a membership to the jelly of the month club when you were expecting a Christmas bonus to fund a swimming pool for your family. And we saw what happened to Mr. Shirley when he pulled that crap. I'd rather them just not send the stupid gift card at all if I had to buy a Ford hat with it.

And for the record, I'm not a complainer. But certain things rub me the wrong way, and I'd probably have a similar reaction if I was in your shoes. God forbid you post about it on a message board.
I'm just going to give it to someone at the dealership. They will do me right there. If I was the type of person that wore vehicle branded stuff, I might be ok with it. Just not ok with getting different answers from different people. It's obvious they have people that don't have a clue about what's going on.

skadizzle

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat BAP
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Thank you for that information. I'll try ordering from my laptop.
I was able to use it on my phone. Just have to switch the desktop mode. I also think you have to click through the link in the email. I tried to go directly to the site and the gift card wouldn't work. I then went through the link with the gift card and it did.

Sponsored

skadizzle

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I got my gift card back in March. That rep was clear about it not being usable for accessories, just merch. Which is fine. However, I still haven’t used mine because they are always out of Maverick stuff. I’ll just wait it out.
I had trouble for awhile ad the shirts were out of stock. Don't know when you looked last but I got Maverick Hoodie, shirt, and water bottle plus two coasters for $104 about three weeks ago.

skadizzle

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I just wanna know how you got a gift card in the first place...
You had to have a 2022 order. Because of the long waiting they started offering people.gift cards to make up for it. Some had the customer service offer them up, but others, like myself to had straight up ask them for it.

Mabcim

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick Lariat 2.0 AWD; 20 Escape SEL 2.0 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I had trouble for awhile ad the shirts were out of stock. Don't know when you looked last but I got Maverick Hoodie, shirt, and water bottle plus two coasters for $104 about three weeks ago.
I hadn’t looked in a few weeks, so I just looked. A couple Mav shirts were available again (one pre-order). So I went ahead and got those, and some Mustang stuff. They also were giving away a free Ford tumbler with $50 purchase; so that’s coming too.

Mabcim

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick Lariat 2.0 AWD; 20 Escape SEL 2.0 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I had to ask, one of the times I called.
Back then, it seemed to be hit or miss, depending on who answered the phone.

Sponsored

t88-supra

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Escape Plug in Hybrid, 97 EVO 4, 69 Mach-1
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I normally don't complain, and I'm not complaining about the build time. I've been patient waiting for the Maverick. I have a great dealership with great people I've been dealing with for years. My complaint is being told different things by different people from Ford Marketing. I never expected or even asked for this gift card, but I wasn't going to turn it down either. But when one higher up tells me it can be used for accessories, then another says it can't, there is a problem. If this is just for Ford branded merchandise, they are not giving up that much. It may be 100 dollar gift card, but that merchandise probably costs Ford less than a 1/3 of that. I just don't like being lied to.
that is understandable…… as I work for a Ford dealership I do see the day to day struggles with the maverick orders. It definitely is not a great situation

MM Mav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Amy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I called (800) 334-4375 to get mine. I politely inquired about the gift card since I'm a '22 rollover to '23.

MM Mav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Amy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
@skadizzle @Bobby L
I was finally able to place my order for Ford Merch thanks to your tips! I appreciate you both.

Suzukiridr14

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1956 THunderbird , 2016 Acura MDX (Wifes car)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I received a gift card after speaking to a Ford rep on the phone. I read the instructions how to use it, and I received a jacket, two tee shirts, and a key chain for my fob. There was no reason that Ford had to send me anything, but they did!
Sponsored