Sponsored

Ford, thanks for the (Useless) Gift Card

NoNameActor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
@Ford Motor Company thanks for the gift card...but maybe next time when you have a patient customer waiting a almost a year for their vehicle, offer something they can use! WTF good is a gift card if I can't purchase what I want?! I was trying to order the Maverick lettering...but it can't ship to Oklahoma. Ordered it through the dealer, to be then told they can't use the gift card. Told by a Ford marketing rep that the dealer needs to contact their Ford Resources, only to be told by another marketing rep, its only good for Ford Branded merchandise. WTF! No one can give a clear answer, and not everyone wears branded merchandise. If I want to have products with the Ford logo I will buy them myself...what I want is the lettering for the Maverick. Also, don't have the link to accessories on that website if you will not honer the gift card you offered. This is nothing more than a BS offer to get rid of products not selling to advertise Ford. NEW FLASH...the lettering on the back of my FE RR Maverick is better advertisement for the Ford brand than the shirts and mugs you gave me a gift card to buy. Useless offer, and insult to a long time Ford driver and patient customer.
Sponsored

CSmith

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT FX4, 2020 F150 XLT FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I could only use mine on branded merchandise. Those gift cards don't expire.

Chris_G

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C-6 Corvette
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Last edited:

Sponsored

Brown0

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Lux
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Feel free to PM me the gift card details, I'll test how useless it is :cautious:

Sembazuru

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Something about tax laws...they can't ship accessories to Oklahoma, Arizona, or Vermont.
How close are you to the border with another state where the parts can get shipped to? If you are close enough to the border, maybe find a dealer in another state to make the parts purchase? Then complain to your state legislature that you had to go out of state and deprive your state of the sales tax.

Sponsored

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Won’t ship to Oklahoma. What strange law led to that restriction?
I'm wondering the same thing. Pretty much all states have an online sales tax requirement, so it can't be that. And I've never heard of any state being that restrictive on auto accessories. Vermont, Oklahoma, and Arizona aren't exactly "fringe" states politically (at least not on the same side of the aisle), so it makes me wonder if there is some legacy legal technicality at play here that just hasn't been a priority to get fixed.

OP
OP

NoNameActor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Look you knew the build situtation when you placed your order. If you did not then that is on you. Your gift card just be thankfull you got one. Petty complaints get over it. Your problem is you.
I have been completely patient. I'm not complaining about the build time on a vehicle. I'm complaining that I was told by someone at Ford Marketing that the gift card could be used for a product...only then to be told it can't. That is not a problem with me...that's a problem with people at Ford giving false information. Now if someone is happy with a house full of stuff with a Ford logo, that's fine, but that's not me. It's poor management and poor customer service.

OP
OP

NoNameActor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
How close are you to the border with another state where the parts can get shipped to? If you are close enough to the border, maybe find a dealer in another state to make the parts purchase? Then complain to your state legislature that you had to go out of state and deprive your state of the sales tax.
The closest is about 3 hours away in Texas. But I'm not driving that far for Maverick Lettering. I explained to Ford Marketing, they could setup a central distribution center in another state, then mail it out from there to AZ, OK, and VT. There is always ways to bypass things.

OP
OP

NoNameActor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
I'm wondering the same thing. Pretty much all states have an online sales tax requirement, so it can't be that. And I've never heard of any state being that restrictive on auto accessories. Vermont, Oklahoma, and Arizona aren't exactly "fringe" states politically (at least not on the same side of the aisle), so it makes me wonder if there is some legacy legal technicality at play here that just hasn't been a priority to get fixed.
You may be right. It's just odd that those three states would be connected in some way.
Sponsored