First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid, 2021 Toyota Venza
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I read a lot of "situations" on this forum that Maverick owners are encountering. I'm beginning to worry about quality issues and then came across this article from Ford Authority. I'm still in waiting mode for my order which will be a 23MY. Question is . . . quality really isn't job 1 with Ford, it seems to be. 18th in Consumer Reports Reliability isn't very good. Hope the issues the little Maverick is having gets resolved and reliability starts to improve.

Check out this article on Ford Authority:
<a href='https://fordauthority.com/2022/11/ford-ranked-18th-in-2022-consumer-reports-reliability-survey/'>Ford Ranked 18th In 2022 Consumer Reports Reliability Survey</a>
Sponsored

Captain

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
63 Nova Convertible /
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I read a lot of "situations" on this forum that Maverick owners are encountering. I'm beginning to worry about quality issues and then came across this article from Ford Authority. I'm still in waiting mode for my order which will be a 23MY. Question is . . . quality really isn't job 1 with Ford, it seems to be. 18th in Consumer Reports Reliability isn't very good. Hope the issues the little Maverick is having gets resolved and reliability starts to improve.

<a href='https://fordauthority.com/2022/11/ford-ranked-18th-in-2022-consumer-reports-reliability-survey/'>Ford Ranked 18th In 2022 Consumer Reports Reliability Survey</a>
When a company plans on using $1 billion to fix recalls, it shouldnā€™t take a magazine article to let you know there are quality issues.

OP
OP
CZaugg

CZaugg

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid, 2021 Toyota Venza
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

After looking at the Consumer Report I noticed Chevrolet is just below Ford. I just so happen to own a Chevrolet Silverado 2500 and love it. No problems. It's been a great vehicle. So perhaps my concern about getting a Ford is unwarranted. Never had a Ford before and all the complaints I read about on this forum started be second guessing about getting a Maverick. Oh by the way, I also have a Toyota and have had Toyota's in the past. Awesome vehicles. No problems. IF Toyota had a comparable vehicle to the Maverick, I would have gone there first. So going with the Ford will be a first Ford experience and I'm hopeful the Maverick will give me many years trouble free experience.

14mustangNJ

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT FX4, 2014 Ford Mustang
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
On the positive side, the article states this: ā€œIn terms of specific models, the Ford Maverick and Ford Edge were the only models to obtain above average reliability rankings, while the Ford Explorer and Ford F-150 PowerBoost hybrid earned well below average scores.ā€

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
On the positive side, the article states this: ā€œIn terms of specific models, the Ford Maverick and Ford Edge were the only models to obtain above average reliability rankings, while the Ford Explorer and Ford F-150 PowerBoost hybrid earned well below average scores.ā€
One year old model hasn't been around long enough to not be seen as unreliable yet. But good for the Edge.

That said, I have a 2020 Escape and we have had zero issues with it. And, hey, more reliable than Tesla at a third of the cost!

Sponsored

Mav_RICK

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
One year old model hasn't been around long enough to not be seen as unreliable yet. But good for the Edge.

That said, I have a 2020 Escape and we have had zero issues with it. And, hey, more reliable than Tesla at a third of the cost!
What are your thoughts about the Escape Hybrid and PHEV ?

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Raymundo76

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mazda CX-5
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Not good; but I am not sure I can trust CR because fossil said they were not reliable!

gwrace14651

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I used to be an avid Consumer Reports subscriber. But over the years after purchasing many of their top rated products, that just fell apart or broke shortly after purchase, I dropped them like a hot potato. Their surveys are about as reliable as election polls.

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, - Lariat, Hyundai Palisade
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sponsored

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, - Lariat, Hyundai Palisade
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I used to be an avid Consumer Reports subscriber. But over the years after purchasing many of their top rated products, that just fell apart or broke shortly after purchase, I dropped them like a hot potato. Their surveys are about as reliable as election polls.
Agree.

Thoron99

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Hybrid XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Not sure what happened but their reliability data used to be spot on.

I remember being able to look at the ā€˜circlesā€™ charts for the cars we owned through the 00s and the areas with black circles were the same areas we were getting repaired.

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Within scope of CR Reliability predictions, the Maverick Hybrid is a standout above average reliability. Do you focus on the bad or the good?

olderbudwiser

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lincoln Corsair, 2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Most times it's not a true quality issue as a poor cost cutting move. My time a Ford I went through so many cost saving moves that the engineering community was on polar opposites of management.
Most time it was to save money. The person saving money was rewarded with a promotion, went it all went south this person was long gone.

Renho17

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
After one year we donā€™t know if itā€™s reliable or not.
Sponsored