Sponsored

Ford Maverick Tire Differences XL vs Lariat Issue (Tire Upgrade Fit 17 to 18 inches for XL Model)

Jah.

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jah.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick xlt fx4 , Honda 700 ctx mc
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Lariat weighs more with extra options so can't carry as much weight capacity .
Sponsored

OP
OP
leejust

leejust

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Lariat weighs more with extra options so can't carry as much weight capacity .
Thannks for the reply Jah. The only thing is that no matter what option you get, you are still getting the standard 225/60/R18 100H wheels if you get the lariat. You can certainly upgrade to better and more capable tires, but the "build your own" system on Ford's website for ordering doesn't stop you from getting the standard 225/60/R18 100H wheels even with no options or all the heaviest options.

OleFordGuy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Lariat, Expedition Limited, 22 Mav Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Probably doesn't make a difference at this point but attached are load info pics on my fully loaded lariat AWD with 4K Tow, every option except moon roof. Good Luck with your changes.

Ford Maverick Ford Maverick Tire Differences XL vs Lariat Issue (Tire Upgrade Fit 17 to 18 inches for XL Model) Lariat 4K Tow Load Info

Ford Maverick Ford Maverick Tire Differences XL vs Lariat Issue (Tire Upgrade Fit 17 to 18 inches for XL Model) Lariat 4K Tow Load Info2a

Ford Maverick Ford Maverick Tire Differences XL vs Lariat Issue (Tire Upgrade Fit 17 to 18 inches for XL Model) Lariat Tires

Ford Maverick Ford Maverick Tire Differences XL vs Lariat Issue (Tire Upgrade Fit 17 to 18 inches for XL Model) Lariat Tires2

OP
OP
leejust

leejust

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Probably doesn't make a difference at this point but attached are load info pics on my fully loaded lariat AWD with 4K Tow, every option except moon roof. Good Luck with your changes.

Lariat 4K Tow Load Info.jpg

Lariat 4K Tow Load Info2a.jpg

Lariat Tires.jpg

Lariat Tires2.jpg
I appreciate the effort and pics!!!!!
@Ford Motor Company still looking for a reply

OleFordGuy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Lariat, Expedition Limited, 22 Mav Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I Commend your efforts but ford not going to change anything. Learning experience. If ya can't find an independent tire dealer to mount them then - Move forward, sell your tires and get some quality tires to keep you and family safe that major tire dealers will mount, example: https://www.michelinman.com/auto/tires/michelin-primacy-mxm4

Sponsored

Discount Tire

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
discountti.re
Vehicle(s)
All Things FORD
Engine
Undecided
@Discount Tire I think you might have switched some numbers around. There is no Maverick from 22+ that weighs under 3600lbs.
You would be correct. I went back and looked at the numbers. I wrote the numbers down, looked at them for reference...turns out my 6 looked like a 0. I typed it wrong in the forum. My apologies.

OP
OP
leejust

leejust

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I Commend your efforts but ford not going to change anything. Learning experience. If ya can't find an independent tire dealer to mount them then - Move forward, sell your tires and get some quality tires to keep you and family safe that major tire dealers will mount, example: https://www.michelinman.com/auto/tires/michelin-primacy-mxm4
Already looking for independent shop to do it, however, I'm not worried about the tires as I can probably make a profit on them..it's about integrity and getting an answer for a customer who asked a question that should really should be a simple answer..

dcs12345

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Chevy
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Do you not have little hole in the wall tire shops in your area? You know the type that also sell used tires?

My favorite one was in my hometown and the guy's wife ran an taco shop out the back....best $2 breakfast tacos you ever ate.

Last edited:

TedTX

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Lol, I got lucky, the previous Prius owner got firestone tires that came with free repares. They did a good job since it was a bolt not a nail that cause the hole. Couldn’t figure out the place to drive up the Maverick to get the free air in the Discount Tire shop they open close to my house. No signs or directions, poorly designed parking lot etc.
They where busy ( most are ) even early on a week day.

Lonnie gee

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lonnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda and rav4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The "H" designation is nothing but your speed rating so you're fine there. The "100" and "104" is your load index. The 100 has a load rating of 1764 lbs while the 104 has a load rating of 1984 lbs. If you're doing a lot of hauling/towing then it is certainly wise to NOT move down to a lower load rating. Moving up is perfectly fine though
Anybody know if jeep wrangler 17 inch wheels fit fit the maverick XL seller says they are 5×108 bolt pattern

Sponsored

Vietanhus

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Viny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
most of the big tire shop not want likability cover or any kind of sue because not tires and wheel they are selling ,find small tire shop or small garage they will do it easily

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Anybody know if jeep wrangler 17 inch wheels fit fit the maverick XL seller says they are 5×108 bolt pattern
Doesn't look like any modern Jeeps use 5x108mm so I doubt that. They're typically 5x114.3mm or 5x127mm (5x4.5" and 5x5" respectively).

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think we are looking at what's happening wrong.
OP is putting rims designed for a 100H tire on a truck requiring a heavier load rating tire as a minimum. Ask Ford what the design load rating is for the 18" lariat rim, not what can be installed on the lariat. The heavier load rated tire will most likely have a higher max psi rating and the 18" rim may not be rated for that. @Discount Tire ???

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think we are looking at what's happening wrong.
OP is putting rims designed for a 100H tire on a truck requiring a heavier load rating tire as a minimum. Ask Ford what the design load rating is for the 18" lariat rim, not what can be installed on the lariat. The heavier load rated tire will most likely have a higher max psi rating and the 18" rim may not be rated for that. @Discount Tire ???
Unless it's an LT tire then most are going to <55 PSI max inflation (remember, you don't necessarily need to run Max PSI). And pressure limitations would be more on the tire valve stem than the wheel itself. Usually >60 recommends fully metal reinforced stems. As for load rating then the stock rims should also be fine for any XL-rated capacity one might equip. Possibly not LTs, but you'd be exceeding the Axle Load Rating weighing those to full capacity anyways.
Sponsored