Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Crosstrek Spt ,23 SC AWD,02 Jeep 4x4, 17 Winbgo
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
AGREE the back seat was torture when I sat in one
Road trip with 4 from Chicago to anywhere...Noooo Ty
Maverick 36.9" leg room and the Santa Cruz 36.5 " leg room....look it up. That .4" must have been hell for you.
Sponsored

robbyrob

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
acar
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
ok I get it the Maverick has cheap plastic HELLO the Maverick is a cheap vehicle. And yes we all know its the ONLY vehicle out there that has cheap plastic
And the SC does not scratch?? A few flicks of some class rings and the charms from her charm bracelet and that 90's looking screen will be scratched but NONE of the plastic in the SC scratches because the SC has indestructible pvc

robbyrob

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
acar
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
ahhhh the Mavericks catch on fire!! Thank you for that news bulletin you must be a Tesla owner

Old Hickory Trojan

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
ok I get it the Maverick has cheap plastic HELLO the Maverick is a cheap vehicle. And yes we all know its the ONLY vehicle out there that has cheap plastic
And the SC does not scratch?? A few flicks of some class rings and the charms from her charm bracelet and that 90's looking screen will be scratched but NONE of the plastic in the SC scratches because the SC has indestructible pvc
The Maverick I priced on a build sheet to be a close match was more expensive than the SC SEL 4WD I bought so there is no excuse for the cheap plastic interior. There is no excuse for the redneck fix on the passenger seat either on the Maverick or the exterior paint job many have had issues with. Just saying Ford did build a cheap truck even at the highest trim levels and the quality of workmanship in assembly has been noted with problems a number of times. The SC has a major issue with its DCT transmission in their higher models which is all on Hyundai and their software fixes are no better than some of Ford's.

Red Hot Maverick

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder....the Maverick looks like almost every other truck out there the SC looks like a streamlined Ranchero would look like if built today...IMHO. After owning both we are sticking with the SC....
Looks like a updated 80’s Suburu Brat

Sponsored

projectvortex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
Undecided
I've been looking at the SEL AWD for a while now. How is the base NA engine through the TN hills? That's really my only concern.
I’m a Mav to SC convert. No issues here in western NC. Glad I got the SC for towing. The hybrid Mav I gave up on could not have pulled the 3000 lb stump grinder/trailer I needed last month.

Sponsored

icegradner

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Add one more...if you need to use plastic get a higher grade plastic. That stuff they use is the worst I've seen. I don't know anyone that can keep it from looking trashed in a short period.
11 months in and no big scratches for me, and I don't baby it. 🤷‍♂️

Old Hickory Trojan

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
11 months in and no big scratches for me, and I don't baby it. 🤷‍♂️
Check out the video that stated this thread and wait til he gets into the back seat and shows you the 12 volt port. Check out the back of that console.....tell me again no big scratches and you don't baby it......the plastic scratches easily and all you have to do is search this site and you'll find plenty of comments regarding how easily it scratches...but perhaps you are a loan rider and are more careful than you think

Lederpboss

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XLT maverick AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Pretty much spot on with his assessment. The Santa Cruz isn't the same vehicle and certainly not marketed as a small truck like the Maverick.
I wanted a SC originally when the concept first appeared, but the production model departed a bit too much to lock me in, and the lack of physical controls also turned me away. Lastly, having to pony up the additional money for the better turbo engine lost me. With the Maverick we get the "better" engine right off the bat.
I mean it's a matter of perspective I guess. You can't get AWD without an ecoboost, so as far as I'm concerned, it's not really included.

BoricuaBeautyx

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tatiana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It looks like a SUV with the cargo area cut off with a set of nasty old braces on its buck teeth.
Thank you! I thought the same! I look at the Santa Cruz with confusion. Looks like a childish vehicle, if you can call a vehicle that.
Sponsored