First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang Boss 302, 2019 Ranger
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Bet it didn't have the carry load of a "real" truck though...as I rmember "real" truck owners dumping on both it and the El Camino as not real trucks..
You bet right.....
Sponsored

Old Hickory Trojan

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Crosstrek Spt ,23 SC AWD,02 Jeep 4x4, 17 Winbgo
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I checked out the SC at the Auto-Show in Jan(?), nice interior, and I liked the in bed trunk ala Ridgeline. Headroom was passable, then opened a back door after having positioned the driver seat for me.....eh, there was no back seat, or rather it wasn't useable at all, unless your legs only needed 2" of space. There's absolutely more room in a Maverick, even in my Hybrid with looses an inch vs the EB model.

After designing an otherwise very luxurious interior (it was a 45k model with the kitchen sink), why did they go cheap for the under seat storage on the SC? I'm not a huge fan of the piano black, will show every mark, speaking from experience. While lower quality materials, I prefer the simpler dash of the Maverick. (Knobs & physical buttons rule, for adjusting while driving).

The Maverick is king of the mileage hill, I'm averaging just 48.7 , and still slowly climbing, per the dash. First tank with some test accelerations to highway speed, sport mode, and actually a couple real world 8-10 mile highway runs.

Getting D-Plan with the private offer make my Maverick Lariat a steal, thanks to my brother, the SC would have been easily 10k higher, equipped similarly.
Not saying your take is not accurate but I will say dimension wise the backseat on the Maverick is not that much more room than my SC. Rear leg room on the Maverick 36.9" versus the SC which is 36.5". I would say I prefer the piano black SC like my SEL over the cheap blue plastic interior on my Maverick. The lower trim SC has buttons and knobs on the infotainment center unlike the higher level trim. Can't beat the Hybrid though for MPG no argument there. I would argue that a SC equipped similarly would not be $10k higher. My SC was $1K lower than a comparitively equipped Maverick. A lot depends on what you want for extras and what comes standard on each model. Of course if you had a bunch of discounts on the Maverick that you didn't have on the SC that could make a difference

Last edited:

Guv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Engine
Undecided
Before I ordered my Fx4 I spent some time studying both hybrid (I had a C-Max) and Ecoboost Maverick and the turbo Santa Cruz. I couldn’t even get past the premium charged for the turbo engine and I did not even consider the NA version. I also thought they looked much better on the internet than in person.
No Regerts for me 😉

CTYankee

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.catvert68.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I don't know... I can see the evolution via downsizing and adding rear seating...

Ford Maverick Ford Maverick Review by Santa Cruz owner 1686435652906

Ford Maverick Ford Maverick Review by Santa Cruz owner 1686435733116

icegradner

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Very good review over all. He missed one thing Ford needs to do more than anything else, improve quality control.

Sponsored

Old Hickory Trojan

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Very good review over all. He missed one thing Ford needs to do more than anything else, improve quality control.
Add one more...if you need to use plastic get a higher grade plastic. That stuff they use is the worst I've seen. I don't know anyone that can keep it from looking trashed in a short period.

Old Fart

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT; 2016 Prius ECO
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Not an issue at all we drove it home from South Carolina and had to go through the Smokey Mountains on the way home and had no issues with the power and we got 29.9MPG which included getting stuck in Knoxville in bumper to bumper traffic for over an hour. There is a break in period however if I remember correctly First 1000 miles before towing and first 500 miles at 4000 or lower RPM.
Ha, was towing in the first week with the Mac XLT, gently but had camping scheduled and had to deliver old PriusV to new owners.

robbyrob

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
acar
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder....the Maverick looks like almost every other truck out there the SC looks like a streamlined Ranchero would look like if built today...IMHO. After owning both we are sticking with the SC....
the SC is a flash in the pan
ahhh how many models of Hyundai models are there?

Sponsored

Old Hickory Trojan

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ha, was towing in the first week with the Mac XLT, gently but had camping scheduled and had to deliver old PriusV to new owners.
Unless you had 1000 miles on your Hybrid I suggest you go to page 279 in your manual. Ford does not recommend towing until you have 1000 miles on your vehicle and has other limits as well...this is not unusual as my RAM 1500 with the Hemi which was rated at over 11000 tow weight required a 1000 mile break in and cruising and RPM limits...

robbyrob

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
acar
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I checked out the SC at the Auto-Show in Jan(?), nice interior, and I liked the in bed trunk ala Ridgeline. Headroom was passable, then opened a back door after having positioned the driver seat for me.....eh, there was no back seat, or rather it wasn't useable at all, unless your legs only needed 2" of space. There's absolutely more room in a Maverick, even in my Hybrid with looses an inch vs the EB model.

After designing an otherwise very luxurious interior (it was a 45k model with the kitchen sink), why did they go cheap for the under seat storage on the SC? I'm not a huge fan of the piano black, will show every mark, speaking from experience. While lower quality materials, I prefer the simpler dash of the Maverick. (Knobs & physical buttons rule, for adjusting while driving).

The Maverick is king of the mileage hill, I'm averaging just 48.7 , and still slowly climbing, per the dash. First tank with some test accelerations to highway speed, sport mode, and actually a couple real world 8-10 mile highway runs.

Getting D-Plan with the private offer make my Maverick Lariat a steal, thanks to my brother, the SC would have been easily 10k higher, equipped similarly.
AGREE the back seat was torture when I sat in one
Road trip with 4 from Chicago to anywhere...Noooo Ty

Old Hickory Trojan

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
and how much is the SC?
oh but the warranty!! **rolls eyes**
Mine was cheaper than a Maverick that has added options to try to bring it up to the SC's level by about $1000....and roll your eyes it's still got a hellva lot more coverage than the Maverick with the warranty. Also have free maintenance service for three years. (oil/filter change and tire rotation) and an interest rate of 0% on the loan..
Sponsored