Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-350 CCSB 6.7
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Although next to a super duty, the maverick looks small

Ford Maverick Ford Maverick is Huge next to the Ford Courier A5CAF157-A302-4D59-A5F0-B945B1054F9A

BuddyS

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC60 R Design & 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Seems about right. A few months ago I saw one of those old VW Rabbit pickups. Couldn't believe how tiny that thing was, either. Funny how we've re-calibrated what we consider to be "Small".

Sponsored

Waterick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
, seeRichard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Maverick Lariat, '14 Prius, '83 Mustang 5.0 co
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I had an '82 Courier, a tough little truck. I would tow my 15' bowrider with it, sometimes over a hundred miles. I could get that little Pinto motor powered rig up to 70 with the boat, but that was about it. Good on gas too, trip from South Florida to San Antone and back netted over 30 MPG. It even had 6 lug wheels.

Waterick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
, seeRichard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Maverick Lariat, '14 Prius, '83 Mustang 5.0 co
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Yes in 1974 had one like this I can remember driving it all over the Desert in Victorville and in the Mountains of Cucamonga peak, Mt Baldy and lytle Creek California. Good Good memories. ⛰🌵🏜🗻
1974-Courier-1.jpg
I'd like to have the Mazda version of that today, would be very rare with the rotary engine.

Stealth Raccoon

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Chevy S10
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Seems about right. A few months ago I saw one of those old VW Rabbit pickups. Couldn't believe how tiny that thing was, either. Funny how we've re-calibrated what we consider to be "Small".
I know theres at least one running Rabbit truck in town, and if the owner puts a 'for sale' sign on it I'd be tempted!

my first truck was an 82 Toyota long bed diesel, which I think had 67 HP and could only do 65 with a tailwind - but I could load it up with furniture and junk and it'd haul it uphill without a complaint!

Scott Asheville

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 AWD XLT ECO LUX CP360 HPR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Americans love their bloated fat pig vehicles, so that's why Ford builds them. I suspect it's the automotive equivalent of breast enhancement.

Sponsored

KimoCarew

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kimo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus ES 300H
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I don't remember mine being that small either, but then again, I was 1/2 the size I am now,,,,

HRG

Courier w cap (2).jpg
Life was good and we didn't even know it...

KimoCarew

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kimo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus ES 300H
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I know theres at least one running Rabbit truck in town, and if the owner puts a 'for sale' sign on it I'd be tempted!

my first truck was an 82 Toyota long bed diesel, which I think had 67 HP and could only do 65 with a tailwind - but I could load it up with furniture and junk and it'd haul it uphill without a complaint!
I blew the head gasket out on my '81 VW truck at about 80k miles. They were really cheaply made... the window cranks would break, the seats wouldn't push back very far so if you were taller than 5'9" it felt like your knees were hitting your chin. I think the top speed was about 65 or 70 and the heater didn't work very well. If you took a corner too hard, it would threaten to flip over. Nevertheless, I loved it.

BuddyS

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC60 R Design & 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Me too! How fun would it be to find an old VW pickup and mod it into a quasi-GTI little thing?

IdahoDirtFarmer

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 ordered '23 XLT, Eco, AWD, FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Love the old true little pickups. Growing up my Dad had an old Plymouth Arrow for a farm rig. Finally completely kicked the bucket in '95 or so. When I was running hounds pretty hard used to hunt bear and cougar out of a beat up Chevy Luv. Couldn't kill that thing. Probably logged 100k miles in the woods with that thing.
Sponsored