Sponsored

FutureOwnerInTN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV/Car
Engine
Undecided
That tiny badge on the tailgate is very easy to miss, but it clearly says "HYBRID."

https://www.thedrive.com/news/40910...erick-compact-pickup-will-have-hybrid-version

Ford Maverick Ford Maverick HYBRID revealed in teaser image! 1622742060712

In case you missed it, Ford has confirmed that it will debut its all-new compact Maverick pickup truck on June 8. One thing you may have missed was the presence of a tiny "HYBRID" badge on the tailgate as spotted by an eagle-eyed commenter as well as Car and Driver.

Watch that teaser video again. The one where Gabrielle Union is carrying a box of what I'm gonna go ahead and presume are all of husband Dwyane Wade's accumulated NBA trophies and rings to a garage, which opens up to reveal the tailgate of the new Maverick. Look closely and there is indeed a little badge on the bottom left that undoubtedly reads hybrid. It's a little hard to make out from the full rear-end shot but here's a screengrab of a partial close-up that reveals the letters "BRID".

Ford Maverick Ford Maverick HYBRID revealed in teaser image! 1622742096078

So, there you have it. The Ford Maverick will either be a hybrid or at least have at least one hybrid variant. I mean, it's not the most shocking thing in the world. It is a new car in 2021, after all.

"We're not sharing any additional information ahead of June 8," a Ford spokesperson told The Drive when asked about the hybrid badge.

The hybrid Ford Maverick won't be the first or only electrified truck in Ford's lineup, of course, as the company has hybridized its F-150 with that truck's PowerBoost variant and recently debuted the electric F-150 Lightning. For full details on the 2022 Ford Maverick, check back here next week.
Sponsored

FirstOnRaceDay

First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Mercury Grand Marquis LS
That tiny badge on the tailgate is very easy to miss, but it clearly says "HYBRID."

https://www.thedrive.com/news/40910...erick-compact-pickup-will-have-hybrid-version

1622742060712.png

In case you missed it, Ford has confirmed that it will debut its all-new compact Maverick pickup truck on June 8. One thing you may have missed was the presence of a tiny "HYBRID" badge on the tailgate as spotted by an eagle-eyed commenter as well as Car and Driver.

Watch that teaser video again. The one where Gabrielle Union is carrying a box of what I'm gonna go ahead and presume are all of husband Dwyane Wade's accumulated NBA trophies and rings to a garage, which opens up to reveal the tailgate of the new Maverick. Look closely and there is indeed a little badge on the bottom left that undoubtedly reads hybrid. It's a little hard to make out from the full rear-end shot but here's a screengrab of a partial close-up that reveals the letters "BRID".

1622742096078.png

So, there you have it. The Ford Maverick will either be a hybrid or at least have at least one hybrid variant. I mean, it's not the most shocking thing in the world. It is a new car in 2021, after all.

"We're not sharing any additional information ahead of June 8," a Ford spokesperson told The Drive when asked about the hybrid badge.

The hybrid Ford Maverick won't be the first or only electrified truck in Ford's lineup, of course, as the company has hybridized its F-150 with that truck's PowerBoost variant and recently debuted the electric F-150 Lightning. For full details on the 2022 Ford Maverick, check back here next week.
STOKED! Don’t count on the tax credit still being there if it has a PHEV. Between the Mach E and Lightning they will be all used up by then.

also Hybrid option typically is only a $1500 price jump. And PHEV is a $9000 price jump. Neither available on XL trim

Gary in NJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too Many Subaru's
If the Maverick follows the Escape, the plug-in hybrid will be FWD only. A regular hybrid isn't worth the complexity to me. Being able to drive 30-40 miles on battery only is of interest. I'd consider a PHEV over an "plain" hybrid, but no AWD is a no-go for me.

oljackfrost

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They're all sold, waiting for Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This link goes to the Ford Maverick page, but no additional info.

Ford Maverick Ford Maverick HYBRID revealed in teaser image! 7F569751-BC8F-42C5-B8C8-BBABE75BE17D

Sponsored

zeketolliver

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hyundai Tuscon NLine
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
STOKED! Don’t count on the tax credit still being there if it has a PHEV. Between the Mach E and Lightning they will be all used up by then.

also Hybrid option typically is only a $1500 price jump. And PHEV is a $9000 price jump. Neither available on XL trim
I expect the auto lobbying teams will get congress to lift, and/or eliminate the 200k unit cap for the tax credit.

FirstOnRaceDay

First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Mercury Grand Marquis LS
I expect the auto lobbying teams will get congress to lift, and/or eliminate the 200k unit cap for the tax credit.
won’t happen. with EVs now the norm. It will be gone. Ford sold 10,000 EV/ PHEV. Last month alone.

zeketolliver

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hyundai Tuscon NLine
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
won’t happen. with EVs now the norm. It will be gone. Ford sold 10,000 EV/ PHEV. Last month alone.
That's exactly why I see the incentives continuing and, possibly increasing. The tax incentives allow manufacturers to charge higher prices, b/c the tax credit is basically an MSRP boost....but that is just my opinion.
Sponsored

Reactions: Doc