Maximus GP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PriusV, Sonata PHEV, F-50 Mavrick Lariat Hybrid FE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just the tip of the iceberg.
All of us new owners are the pioneers to a sales exploding product.

Last edited:

pxpaulx

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Just the tip of the iceberg.
All of us new owners are the pioneers to an exploding product.
Absolutely - we are the next phase of advertising, free of charge!

KenJ45

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT 2.0L Ecoboost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Make sure to leave positive reviews on car websites like Edmunds. I am seeing some BS 1 star reviews that are obviously fiction. Edmunds has one where someone complains the road noise is so high they can't even have a conversation, which is complete BS. I rode with my friend the other day and literally his comment to me during the trip was "Wow, it's really comfortable and quiet in here, doesn't feel like I'm riding in a truck at all." So I know it's not just my own biased brain playing tricks on me (plus I have tinnitus due to, uh, exposure to loud noises, lol), but I can usually tell if road noise is at unacceptable levels when I'm in a vehicle...

Sponsored

JASmith

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This article from: The Drive makes for a good read about the Maverick out selling the Hyundai Santa Cruz and the Ranger in the first quarter.

Here is a link: https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/new...s-outsells-ranger-in-q1/ar-AAVVkRd?li=BBnb7Kz
Bit of a dumb comparison though, because Santa Cruz's last less than one week on dealer lots with average $6K markups on them in my area.

So all you can really compare are production numbers, because its not like Ford or Hyundai have any problem moving every single vehicle they can make.

I also have a feeling that unlike Hyundai, Ford is counting sales they haven't even fulfilled yet, considering they have a massive backlog. Hyundai doesn't take orders by contrast, you can only give a dealership your "preference" and if one like that comes in they'll let you know. Its not a true locked-in finalized order system though.
All of us new owners are the pioneers to an exploding product.
Fake news! The fuel tank recalls should be completed by now. /s
Make sure to leave positive reviews on car websites like Edmunds.
The Maverick is already the second highest marked up vehicle according to a recent article.... why would you do that, lol! Tell people its poop, so I can get one at MSRP this century.

cavemold

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick 2022 Eco 2.0
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
And mavericks still being sold almost double their MSRP! About the ranger i think they lost in the looks department over the frontier, tacoma. 2023 Ranger looks much better . I didnt think the maverick would double cruz sales though

ITSATRUCK

First Name
TIM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MAVERICK
The Cruz was dead on arrival once the Maverick showed up. I can just imagine the executives at Hyundai huddled around the board room table looking at the Maverick specs and price. Probably silence for a few minutes. Lol

KenJ45

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The Maverick is already the second highest marked up vehicle according to a recent article.... why would you do that, lol! Tell people its poop, so I can get one at MSRP this century.
Or take a few minutes and look up which dealers don't charge ADMs. I got mine at MSRP...

KenJ45

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The Cruz was dead on arrival once the Maverick showed up. I can just imagine the executives at Hyundai huddled around the board room table looking at the Maverick specs and price. Probably silence for a few minutes. Lol
Even without the Maverick the Santa Cruz was DOA for me anyway. It's ugly as all heck and there are so many areas where they (tried) to go form over function and that's the opposite of how I like things...

Sponsored

Montevilla

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cactus Gray Maverick XL Hybrid w/moonroof
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

cavemold

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
the fact only Santa fe that competes with maverick is 40k option is telling

cavemold

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Even without the Maverick the Santa Cruz was DOA for me anyway. It's ugly as all heck and there are so many areas where they (tried) to go form over function and that's the opposite of how I like things...
besides the intresting grill that you need upgrade on it was DOA for me as well. The ice cooler only thing i thought that was kinda neat on it. The all digital display doesn't make it look or feel like a truck at all.

KenJ45

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
besides the intresting grill that you need upgrade on it was DOA for me as well. The ice cooler only thing i thought that was kinda neat on it. The all digital display doesn't make it look or feel like a truck at all.
That grill is the worst for me, looks hideous imo. Like it's personal preference, but it looks too try-hard to be "stylish" and just looks like some cheapy "modern art" piece. But anyway, that all digital display looks so tacked on like an afterthought, and analog dials are always faster to look at while driving. I also hate how the new Bronco only has a digital speedometer too...

The "bed" can only hold about 650lbs, which makes it's "better payload" kind of useless unless you're planning on transporting obese passengers a lot. The pointless slanted buttresses are so dumb, they make loading things into the bed over the side more difficult, dumb attempt at form over function, same with the retractable tonneau cover that isn't removable making the tiny bed even tinier.

Like there are so many areas where they seem to think trying to make it look sleek is more important than how practical and functional it actually is. It's a huge no for me... They can have all kinds of "impressive" numbers on their spec sheet, but when the design makes using those specs to their fullest a headache it's pointless for me.

But most of this stuff is just personal preference, and those are mine...

cavemold

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
That grill is the worst for me, looks hideous imo. Like it's personal preference, but it looks too try-hard to be "stylish" and just looks like some cheapy "modern art" piece. But anyway, that all digital display looks so tacked on like an afterthought, and analog dials are always faster to look at while driving. I also hate how the new Bronco only has a digital speedometer too...

The "bed" can only hold about 650lbs, which makes it's "better payload" kind of useless unless you're planning on transporting obese passengers a lot. The pointless slanted buttresses are so dumb, they make loading things into the bed over the side more difficult, dumb attempt at form over function, same with the retractable tonneau cover that isn't removable making the tiny bed even tinier.

Like there are so many areas where they seem to think trying to make it look sleek is more important than how practical and functional it actually is. It's a huge no for me... They can have all kinds of "impressive" numbers on their spec sheet, but when the design makes using those specs to their fullest a headache it's pointless for me.

But most of this stuff is just personal preference, and those are mine...
agreed they really tried make it more cross over with truck bed in my opinion, The black grill is kinda neat but again you need upgrade for it. Which is not worth it.
Sponsored