Sponsored

Ford loophole for giving us the Farm Bureau discount? (Updated)

Last Truck Ever

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hybrid Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I placed my order Sept 2022 and handed the salesman my then-current Farm Bureau Certificate. When January arrived and that one expired, I made sure to re-up my membership, which expired just weeks before my truck arrived this past August. So when I went to pick it up, they asked for the newer certificate, which I had at the ready.

In the interim, btw, some months before my truck was built, but after the year flipped over and the original cert supposedly expired, I was on a phone call with Ford and their system showed me getting the FB discount, as if it were still current?

Honestly, don't know how it all works, just putting this out there for added data points. I DO know a bunch of people on here have talked about joining FB just in time to get a certificate printed out and handed to their dealer, and the discount happened with no problem.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Equator Guy

Equator Guy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Suzuki Equator
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thanks for all your replies. I just called Ford Marketing. Was told if the dealer calls them, they will provide the dealer a number to call that deals with incentives. I verified it was not the same 800 number that was on the certificate but was told they could only give the number to the dealer. I left a VM with the salesman asking that he pursue this. I will keep you posted. At least (based on posts) it appears that I could still get the $500 after the sale if I am found eligible but would have been nice to have applied it to the purchase.

OP
OP
Equator Guy

Equator Guy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Suzuki Equator
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So just got a call from the salesman. He called Ford Marketing, and it was determined he was putting in the certificate wrong! He mixed up a zero for a one or vice versa. He said they can now see certificate and can apply it any way I want (I said check to me since I already set up financing, and don't want to mess with the numbers). Won't know for sure till I get the check, but he seemed confident. Interestingly I tried one more time this morning, emailing the help address on the certificate and included the VIN and asking them to take another look. This was their reply:

Upon further investigation, since you were not a Farm Bureau Member at the time of the Incentive Protection Date, it is not possible to generate a Farm Bureau Certificate for last year.

If you would like to receive the Ford Farm Bureau Recognition Rebate, you will need to use your new certificate with the 2023 sell date of this vehicle, opposed to the incentive protection date.

Please let us know if you have further questions.

I think they are again implying I can't get both PP and FB, which is untrue if my salesman is correct.

paneubert

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL/4K/AWD/CoPilot/CactusG/SlidingRearWindow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
What the dealership is saying is correct.

@fordvideoguy has said many times over the years that incentives are either based on sale date, or order date. Can't mix and match, as it is a checkbox in the system that updates the available incentives based on which box is checked. Same would apply to any incentivized interest rates, of which there are/were none for the 2023 or 2024 Maverick. There were on the 2022, before Ford realized they didn't need to incentivize anyone to buy a Maverick. 2022 model year was when this "which box to check" came into play a LOT more than it does now that there are few incentives for the Maverick (other than FB and Military).

If you are not able to produce a certificate from the calendar year you ordered, then you can't qualify for the FB rebate based on order date. For example, if you only joined FB in 2023.

If you were a member in the year you ordered (2022), but let membership lapse since then (did not rejoin for 2023), and now you are trying to pick up the truck in a new calendar year, the sale date is going to be in the range where you were not a FB member at the time of sale and cant get the FB rebate based on sale date.

That is the long way of explaining what the dealer tried to say in less words than I did.

Correct me if I am wrong @fordvideoguy

Last edited:

fordvideoguy

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.long-mcarthur.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2021 Ford Bronco
Engine
Undecided

@fordvideoguy has said many times over the years that incentives are either based on sale date, or order date. Can't mix and match, as it is a checkbox in the system that updates the available incentives based on which box is checked. Same would apply to any incentivized interest rates, of which there are/were none for the 2023 or 2024 Maverick. There were on the 2022, before Ford realized they didn't need to incentivize anyone to buy a Maverick. 2022 model year was when this "which box to check" came into play a LOT more than it does now that there are few incentives for the Maverick (other than FB and Military).

If you are not able to produce a certificate from the calendar year you ordered, then you can't qualify for the FB rebate based on order date. For example, if you only joined FB in 2023.

If you were a member in the year you ordered (2022), but let membership lapse since then (did not rejoin for 2023), and now you are trying to pick up the truck in a new calendar year, the sale date is going to be in the range where you were not a FB member at the time of sale and cant get the FB rebate based on sale date.

That is the long way of explaining what the dealer tried to say in less words than I did.

Correct me if I am wrong @fordvideoguy
That is correct

Sponsored

Big C

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Cecil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The 2023 Ford Maverick XL EB I ordered 9/17/2022 just came in. I went to the dealer today to test drive the truck and get the numbers set so I could get my loan from the Credit Union. The salesman was a baffled as he was unable to apply the Farm Bureau I received a couple of months ago. He called the 800 number on the certificate and was told (this is verbatim from a follow up email I sent to the address on the certificate):

If the VIN's price protection date is set to last year, a Ford Farm Bureau Recognition Certificate would have had to have been generated last year in order to be applicable to the Price Protection function.

The dealer can only submit incentives via the price protection date or the sale date. They are unable to submit via both.

Unfortunately, this means that either you will need to use your 2023 Ford Farm Bureau Recognition Certificate to match the 2023 sale date and apply that to the VIN (and apply any other 2023 incentives that you two discuss and they are able to apply), or the dealer can go by Price Protection date and claim those incentives as they are able.

We at CandiHelp are only able to assist with Ford Recognition Certificates, however, so we can only speak to the Ford Farm Bureau Recognition Program in this instance.

Has anyone else run into this? I will try Ford Marketing tomorrow to see what they say. Not the end of the world, I won't walk away over $500, but frustrating since the Farm Bureau Certificate has no mention of this. The price protection is closer to $600 savings, so I would obviously go with that.

Thanks,

Equator Guy (in name and vehicle for a couple of more days).
I had no problem at the dealer where I purchased my truck

OP
OP
Equator Guy

Equator Guy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Suzuki Equator
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Reviving my own thread to say that 12 days after purchase I received my $500 Farm Bureau check from Ford, after receiving price protection for a September 2022 order, and joining the Farm Bureau in early July 2023. In spite of what very knowledgeable people have posted in good faith, stating it wasn't possible. So if you are in a similar situation, at least try! Also Ford Pass points came 5 days after I purchased (got 2 bed cubbies with them so far).

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It would have been nice to know that the farm bureau certificate needs to be dated prior to the price protection. This is the first I've heard about it. Looks like I probably pissed away 50 bucks.
You can get , I think, five certificates for like discounts on other farm related items at participating dealers. Lawn mowers, tractors, some tools, also as a member insurance discounts, motel room. Go on farm bureau and check everything out. It's like a AAA, Costco, Sam's, maybe cash back credit card, etc....

Farm Bureau in Texas site shows this. I am not a member so I cannot get details, but I believe members get a discount:
https://www.txfbfleet.com/used-fleet-vehicles-waco

Last edited:

Gullzway

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Ford Mustang Fastback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Reviving my own thread to say that 12 days after purchase I received my $500 Farm Bureau check from Ford, after receiving price protection for a September 2022 order, and joining the Farm Bureau in early July 2023. In spite of what very knowledgeable people have posted in good faith, stating it wasn't possible. So if you are in a similar situation, at least try! Also Ford Pass points came 5 days after I purchased (got 2 bed cubbies with them so far).
Same for me.

Ordered July 2021, joined Farm Bureau February 2022.
Got Price Protection, 0% for 36 months, and $500 FB rebate.

Dealer did have to file an exception after the FB rebate was denied the first time.

OP
OP
Equator Guy

Equator Guy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Suzuki Equator
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You can get , I think, five certificates for like discounts on other farm related items at participating dealers. Lawn mowers, tractors, some tools, also as a member insurance discounts, motel room. Go on farm bureau and check everything out. It's like a AAA, Costco, Sam's, maybe cash back credit card, etc....
Good to know. Thanks!

OP
OP
Equator Guy

Equator Guy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Suzuki Equator
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Same for me.

Ordered July 2021, joined Farm Bureau February 2022.
Got Price Protection, 0% for 36 months, and $500 FB rebate.

Dealer did have to file an exception after the FB rebate was denied the first time.
AFAIK mine was never denied. Saleman had trouble submitting because he had mistaken an L for a one on the certificate.
Sponsored