Sponsored

Ford loophole for giving us the Farm Bureau discount? (Updated)

Equator Guy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Suzuki Equator
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The 2023 Ford Maverick XL EB I ordered 9/17/2022 just came in. I went to the dealer today to test drive the truck and get the numbers set so I could get my loan from the Credit Union. The salesman was a baffled as he was unable to apply the Farm Bureau I received a couple of months ago. He called the 800 number on the certificate and was told (this is verbatim from a follow up email I sent to the address on the certificate):

If the VIN's price protection date is set to last year, a Ford Farm Bureau Recognition Certificate would have had to have been generated last year in order to be applicable to the Price Protection function.

The dealer can only submit incentives via the price protection date or the sale date. They are unable to submit via both.

Unfortunately, this means that either you will need to use your 2023 Ford Farm Bureau Recognition Certificate to match the 2023 sale date and apply that to the VIN (and apply any other 2023 incentives that you two discuss and they are able to apply), or the dealer can go by Price Protection date and claim those incentives as they are able.

We at CandiHelp are only able to assist with Ford Recognition Certificates, however, so we can only speak to the Ford Farm Bureau Recognition Program in this instance.

Has anyone else run into this? I will try Ford Marketing tomorrow to see what they say. Not the end of the world, I won't walk away over $500, but frustrating since the Farm Bureau Certificate has no mention of this. The price protection is closer to $600 savings, so I would obviously go with that.

Thanks,

Equator Guy (in name and vehicle for a couple of more days).
Sponsored

Mavforever

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

The 2023 Ford Maverick XL EB I ordered 9/17/2022 just came in. I went to the dealer today to test drive the truck and get the numbers set so I could get my loan from the Credit Union. The salesman was a baffled as he was unable to apply the Farm Bureau I received a couple of months ago. He called the 800 number on the certificate and was told (this is verbatim from a follow up email I sent to the address on the certificate):

If the VIN's price protection date is set to last year, a Ford Farm Bureau Recognition Certificate would have had to have been generated last year in order to be applicable to the Price Protection function.

The dealer can only submit incentives via the price protection date or the sale date. They are unable to submit via both.

Unfortunately, this means that either you will need to use your 2023 Ford Farm Bureau Recognition Certificate to match the 2023 sale date and apply that to the VIN (and apply any other 2023 incentives that you two discuss and they are able to apply), or the dealer can go by Price Protection date and claim those incentives as they are able.

We at CandiHelp are only able to assist with Ford Recognition Certificates, however, so we can only speak to the Ford Farm Bureau Recognition Program in this instance.

Has anyone else run into this? I will try Ford Marketing tomorrow to see what they say. Not the end of the world, I won't walk away over $500, but frustrating since the Farm Bureau Certificate has no mention of this. The price protection is closer to $600 savings, so I would obviously go with that.

Thanks,

Equator Guy (in name and vehicle for a couple of more days).
I literately picked up my 2023 today and I used the Farm Bureau cert. I did email the cert to the dealer ahead of time and all the contracts were done ahead of time. I also ordered the car 9/15/22 but I only joined the Farm Bureau in August this year as you need to be member 30 days before getting your certificate as I understand. In any event I had no issues using the certificate with the dealer and I’m baffled by what your going through. Good luck.

JP4AZ

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Hybrid MAV, 04 Dakota 4x4, 02 Lexus, 03 V-Rod +
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I picked up my Hybrid last week (ordered 9/19/22). I was price protected ($480) from the February price increase for Base and Destination and delivery increases. I was also able to get the $500. Farm Bureau incentive applied to my final invoice. Sorry you are having trouble and I am not sure where your are getting $600. price protection from. Best of luck 🤟

OP
OP
Equator Guy

Equator Guy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Suzuki Equator
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I literately picked up my 2023 today and I used the Farm Bureau cert. I did email the cert to the dealer ahead of time and all the contracts were done ahead of time. I also ordered the car 9/15/22 but I only joined the Farm Bureau in August this year as you need to be member 30 days before getting your certificate as I understand. In any event I had no issues using the certificate with the dealer and I’m baffled by what your going through. Good luck.
Interesting. I joined FB on 7/2, and also send FB cert. to dealer ahead of time, although they didn't do anything with it until today. My salesman said the Program Number for the FB offer was not accepted. He then tried using my FordPass user name, FB number and email used when joining FB to get Cert. but no luck. . That's when he called the 800#. I sent a follow up to the Help email on the certificate and included the VIN, and asked them to make sure I wasn't eligible. If that doesn't work will try calling Ford Marketing. Thanks for the reply. Glad you got your truck. I originally ordered Hybrid but changed it to EB in January to try to get it this year. Looks like if I held out I would have eventually gotten the Hybrid but was pretty satisfied with my test drive in the EB today, so no regrets.

OP
OP
Equator Guy

Equator Guy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Suzuki Equator
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I picked up my Hybrid last week (ordered 9/19/22). I was price protected ($480) from the February price increase for Base and Destination and delivery increases. I was also able to get the $500. Farm Bureau incentive applied to my final invoice. Sorry you are having trouble and I am not sure where your are getting $600. price protection from. Best of luck 🤟
I think the salesman said $595 was PP. I think the difference it after switching from Hybrid to EB in January I lost the full size spare that is standard with Hybrid with CP360 (which was on Buyers Order before I changed order to EB). When my EB order was scheduled in June I asked the sales manager to add the FS spare. When I got price protection it was based on the price before that (Buyers order from Jan same cost as one I was presented today). The FSS shows $115 on window sticker, and I verified today it was on the truck. Not sure why the $115 was not added but $480+ $115 is $595.

Sponsored

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
To generate a certificate for the prior year select that you already purchased the vehicle and enter something like the order date for the purchase date.

Tailender

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 F-250, 2011 Rogue, 2012 Jeep Liberty
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I picked up my 2022 in May of 22 and could not use the price protected price if I wanted the farm rebate. Farm rebate goes with the date of the price you are using. My farm mbership was for 2022. If I would have generated a rebate with a 2021 membership, I could have used that with price protection. My price only went up $150 for the moon roof so I took the rebate and new price to come out ahead.

Iwillwait

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Danger501
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat Carbonized Gray
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ordered 9-16-22, picked up 9-15-23. I went in the day before to give the dealer the farm bureau certificate so he could figure it out before I came back the next day. He had to call somebody from Ford and they figured it out when I came back Friday to pick it up. They didn’t mention anything about me not getting the price protection. When asked about PP they said Ford handles that and a check would come from Ford to me in a month or so when all the paperwork is submitted from the dealer to Ford. Hopefully I get both the farm bureau and the PP.
Good luck.

KeithVi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Camry SE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It would have been nice to know that the farm bureau certificate needs to be dated prior to the price protection. This is the first I've heard about it. Looks like I probably pissed away 50 bucks.

Gullzway

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Ford Mustang Fastback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My Farm Bureau rebate was denied for this reason.

The dealer had to file an exception and it was approved the second time.

Sponsored

MoveOver

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Picked up my Maverick 9/15, order entry date 9/19/22, did get farm bureau rebate and original MSRP price. Price protection was never discussed, original price was honored. Certificate was issued in July

nklem

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Norm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 and 2022 Hyundai Ioniq Electrics
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My sons check came a month after buying, direct from Ford.

JP4AZ

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Hybrid MAV, 04 Dakota 4x4, 02 Lexus, 03 V-Rod +
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Ordered 9-16-22, picked up 9-15-23. I went in the day before to give the dealer the farm bureau certificate so he could figure it out before I came back the next day. He had to call somebody from Ford and they figured it out when I came back Friday to pick it up. They didn’t mention anything about me not getting the price protection. When asked about PP they said Ford handles that and a check would come from Ford to me in a month or so when all the paperwork is submitted from the dealer to Ford. Hopefully I get both the farm bureau and the PP.
Good luck.
Be sure to follow up on that! My check came from Ford to the dealer. I had to keep on my dealer and finally last week got my $480 check from the dealer. This was from Mav#1 purchase way back on 5/31. Do not rely on what the dealer says! Stay vigilant. 🤟

JohnHartshorn

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Toyota Sienna XSE - Mav Hybrid XLT LUX Area 51
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I ran into the same problem with the military discount. They eventually generated a valid pin based on the order date, but in my case I was qualified for that. Your problem may be that you were not a member at the time of order.

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I placed my order in September 2022, took delivery August 25, 2023. My dealership had no issue honoring the original price at time of order before the price increase and applying Farm Bureau $500 rebate. I also had just signed up for FB on July 20, 2023. I'm not sure why some have had issues while others like myself did not.
If it's just price protection it shouldn't matter since my understanding is that isn't done through SMART Vincent but rather on the back end when sales are reconciled. But if the salesperson selects the incentives by order date in SMART Vincent (which, again, supposedly shouldn't be necessary for just price protection) it gets weird if you ordered the year previous to when you generated a Farm Bureau certificate. Because the rebate gets renewed every January the current rebate didn't 'exist' at time of ordering and will show as non-valid.

To be safe I generated both 2021 and 2022 certificates when I took delivery of mine in 2022 since I also wanted to use the June 2021 financing incentives and didn't have any issues.
Sponsored