First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Mine is leaking a lot. The rear seal does not touch the tailgate at all. Can you check the corners by the bed and see if yours are like my photo. I have seen others where no body color is shown.

8A234803-FD9D-483D-904A-69758EA8CD18.jpeg
The dealer installed my cover instead of risking the factory delaying or canceling my order. I posted on the forum pictures of what I think is an incorrect job. Iā€™m 30 miles one way from the dealer so not economical to drive there for them to correct it. Iā€™m sure it leakā€™s all covers leak.

Ford Maverick Ford Tonneau Cover Leaking - Hard Rollup - Cover Factory installed IMG_0090

Ford Maverick Ford Tonneau Cover Leaking - Hard Rollup - Cover Factory installed IMG_0089
Sponsored

Halo9x

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT 2023
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I agree... In all honesty, the amount of water I get from a car wash is minimal. I got the cover mainly to protect things in the bed from either blowing out or from having someone walk off with my stuff.
Exactly!!! I really like mine and have received compliments on how it adds to the appearance of the truck!šŸ˜Ž

Dmthomp32

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have this cover as well. I bought it second hand and installed it myself. The gaps on each side of the tailgate will not be covered enough by the tonneau cover to prevent all rain. The key for me is that when I close my tailgate it lines up tightly agains the rubber seal that is on the far edge. When I wash my truck I get some extra water along the tailgate on both corners but no where else and it drains out quickly. Iā€™m please with it and have also received lots of compliments.

Syntax Error

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Hybrid Alto Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Those of you guys with leaking on the factory roll-up cover (which is the same as the BAK X4/X4S model), you should check this video out to see if you can do this simple adjustment to make sure the tailgate gap is mitigated.

Douger

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Fusion Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hello all,

I've had leaking problems from day 1, not drops, lots of water. The bed is soaked & the cover appears to be short from cab to bed.

Anyways, I'm looking for past posts where a member was able to have this rectified by having their dealer contact Ford for a new cover.

Any help would be much appreciated!
Sponsored