Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My plan, 3 year trade in for new car of my choosing.
It appears that your order is an unscheduled hybrid with constrained options. I would not spend too much time thinking about protection plans if I were you.
Sponsored

Dadmezz

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It appears that your order is an unscheduled hybrid with constrained options. I would not spend too much time thinking about protection plans if I were you.
I see they are being built, but the whippersnappers are getting them first.🤔

OP
OP

RonD

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Of course they had to put that stupid EGR valve in the highest one.
Your comment seems to imply coverage for the EGR valve is significant, which seems a bit odd given the cheap and easy nature of the fix.

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Your comment seems to imply coverage for the EGR valve is significant, which seems a bit odd given the cheap and easy nature of the fix.
That was kinda the point. The EGR valve is an easy fix and, in my experience, usually an early broken item. Honestly, they should put the thing on the standard maintenance rotation. "35,000 Miles: New Tires, Oil Change, Replace the EGR Valve...."

jimmyu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion, Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Who offers the cheapest Ford ESP? I noticed that Granger is pretty inexpensive.

Sponsored

Redneck Garage

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.theredneckgarage.com
Vehicle(s)
10 Wrangler 22 Lexus 22 Maverick 23 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

• I paid $2355 for the 5yr/60k miles PremiumCARE service plan
  • TOTAL for both = $3925
YMMV, but there's a saying about insurance, "it's expensive when you don't need it, and cheap when you do."

I bought the ESPs to give me peace of mind.
OWWWCH !!!! I priced your plan from Grainger - Ford EXP -Premium Plan 0 Deductible - 60K miles - Total = 685.00. If you paid 2355 you got 2 years additional coverage for over 1000 per year under 60K

To item # 2, I financed at 1.9%, so the interest on $3925 is very small. I didn't want to pay for the warranties separately, or out of pocket, so that's why I chose to finance them along with the truck.

My whole point wasnt that ESP plans were a waste of money it was that dealerships try and rip people off which sadly you may realize.

Ford Maverick Ford ESP Plans comparison in easy to read format (attached here) Screenshot 2023-02-10 5.49.56 PM

Last edited:

gte105u

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Maverick Lariat, '17 Rogue SL, '14 Altima SV
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
OWWWCH !!!! I priced your plan from Grainger - Ford EXP -Premium Plan 0 Deductible - 60K miles - Total = 685.00.

Screenshot 2023-02-10 5.49.56 PM.png
Yeah they got taken for a ride. Also the maintenance plans are like $200 per oil change and they basically only check the other things. Horrible deal.

Redneck Garage

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.theredneckgarage.com
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Yeah they got taken for a ride. Also the maintenance plans are like $200 per oil change and they basically only check the other things. Horrible deal.
The friendly "finance manager" strikes again. Dang, they have no shame ripping people off.

Clive

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT 2.0
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm leaning toward the ExtraCare, 8 years 100k, $50 deductible.

Granger and Zeigler look the same after the discount code. Both are quoting $965.

I figure at 5 years past the original warranty, I might have occasion to use the ESP about 5 times. That would effectively cost $243 ($193 + 50) per service or $1,215 total. That is probably a fairly average service cost, but the benefit is protection against any major issues. I've definitely had $800+ service bills on cars less than 8 years old, so this would aim to prevent those.

Interestingly, the $100 deductible is only $50 less ($905), which means the same scenario above would cost $281 per service or $1,405 total. There is virtually no scenario (other than not using it at all) where the $100 deductible is worth saving $50 upfront.

The $0 deductible only makes sense if I think I will need 8 or more service visits in the 5 year period.

Now - are there any horror stories out there about people having their plans rejected over silly loopholes? Anything I need to watch out for?

Sponsored

Johnkn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, Viper, 66 Shelby, 68.5 CJ Mustang, Pantera
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Who offers the cheapest Ford ESP? I noticed that Granger is pretty inexpensive.
Flood Ford is another with some of the best Ford ESP pricing.

Note that some states (like Florida) are prohibited from participating in these...

Last edited:

Milous

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT Alto Blu, LUX, Sunroof, delivered 3/18/22
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The friendly "finance manager" strikes again. Dang, they have no shame ripping people off.
I'm sure he enjoyed his HUGE commission. Looks like the dealership made well over $3,000 profit on just the warranty/maintenance plans, gasp! Hopefully the customer did not pay over MSRP for the vehicle or they really cleaned up big time.

skadizzle

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat BAP
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Flood Ford is another with some of the best Ford ESP pricing.

Note that some states (like Florida) are prohibited from participating in these...

Yet another reason why Florida sucks. The only thing we have going for us is no state income tax. I'll be looking for a ESP down the road but don't expect to find any deals.

Johnkn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, Viper, 66 Shelby, 68.5 CJ Mustang, Pantera
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yet another reason why Florida sucks. The only thing we have going for us is no state income tax. I'll be looking for a ESP down the road but don't expect to find any deals.
Ha, look at the bright side, you have those big-a$$ Palmetto Bugs...

:giggle:

Redneck Garage

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.theredneckgarage.com
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I'm sure he enjoyed his HUGE commission. Looks like the dealership made well over $3,000 profit on just the warranty/maintenance plans, gasp! Hopefully the customer did not pay over MSRP for the vehicle or they really cleaned up big time.
It just shows how crooked the stealerships are. From manipulating interest rates , doubling or triple warranty plan costs, adding totally useless items like permaplate so called "security packages" vin etching, adding thousands to msrp is really just one of the ways they try and take your money.
Sponsored