Royce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BB Bronco Sport
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Just say no to all extended warranty
I drove for a used car dealer. Electronics are the most common problem and costly. Rental car coverage is nice too. Because so many dealers don't have any at this time. Just saying no automatically isn't right for everyone. But say no at least once, to see finance guy get up tight.
Sponsored

natedog42

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Got a quote from both "Flood Ford" and "Granger Ford" for a 23MY Maverick on (12/03/2022). Both are comparable. Quotes were for 85k miles/8 yrs with both $50 & $100 deductibles with the interior/exterior lights addition. NO rental or key additions. Flood Ford - $50 deductible $1,440 / $100 deductible $1,300. Granger Ford $1,480 / $1,340 respectively. This example shows $40 difference between the two. About a month ago I checked price and Granger was cheaper at that time by $100. So before you go into the office to sign the paperwork, check prices Ext War for current prices for that day. Prices fluctuate. If your local dealer can match the price, go local and support your local dealer. I have heard of dealers that hold fast to their price list and won't budge. If that being the case, no hurry getting the Ext War. Easy to do online and go for Flood or Granger and take your business to one of them. (y)
I'm looking at Granger ESPs now, too, and wondering about the interior/exterior lighting addition of $70. It says:

"The interior/exterior lighting option provides repair or replacement for electrical failures on incandescent bulbs, halogen bulbs, High Intensity Discharge (HID) headlamps and LED lamp assemblies"

Does this mean that replacement is covered for any bulbs that burn out, ever? Or just when it can be proven the bulb failed due to "electrical failures"?

CZaugg

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid, 2021 Toyota Venza
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm looking at Granger ESPs now, too, and wondering about the interior/exterior lighting addition of $70. It says:

"The interior/exterior lighting option provides repair or replacement for electrical failures on incandescent bulbs, halogen bulbs, High Intensity Discharge (HID) headlamps and LED lamp assemblies"

Does this mean that replacement is covered for any bulbs that burn out, ever? Or just when it can be proven the bulb failed due to "electrical failures"?
Your guess is as good as mine. You know how that legal small print stuff goes. Good luck!

Johnkn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, Viper, 66 Shelby, 68.5 CJ Mustang, Pantera
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

It means that if the bulb ‘fails’ it’s covered. If it stops working due to accident or other physical damage etc., it is not covered.

paneubert

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL/4K/AWD/CoPilot/CactusG/SlidingRearWindow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

All you need to know is that the headlight assembly, which is LEDs, is one big unit, and the bulbs cant be replaced one by one. Even if only one bulb burns out. The replacement cost has already been shown to be over $1,000. The $70 is EXTREMELY worth it for this reason alone. Just the headlights. Ford claims the headlight LEDs are meant to last longer than the life of the truck (which is also why the coverage is only $70). Due to that, if one of the LEDs failed, it would be covered. Since they are rated for thousands of hours of use. One failing for any reason other than literally being smashed in an accident would be a warranty covered claim.

Sponsored

BradnChristine

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU; 2019 MX-5; 2023 & 2024 Mavericks
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Your guess is as good as mine. You know how that legal small print stuff goes. Good luck!
My LED "signature lighting" (DRL) in my 2020 Transit had half of the LED ring go out. They had to replace the entire assembly. Granted, it was under the 3/36 initial warranty, but the point is that the individual "bulbs" are not replaceable...Ford gave me a $1700 new headlight assembly. Adding the light option to your Premiumcare ESP is a no-brainer.

MaveLick

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RAM REBEL (Soon to be Maverick)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
We are still debating about getting ESP plan for our soon to be built Mav.

We bought an ESP plan for our Mach E with light to cover for 8 years from Granger. I am pretty certain that we would get our money back if we keep Mach E for 8 years. The time frame is quite doubtful. We also added triplecare for 5 years also from Granger. The Mach E curb weight is 4,800+ lbs. That is heavier than many full-size crew cab trucks. The little tires (225/55 R19) handling 4,800 lbs would pick up nails like kids picking up candies. Tire is $250 a pop + fees. If I can get 2 tires in 5 years with rental while waiting for shipping, it would be worth it not to mention unlimited PDR and windshield repairs.
Sponsored