Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 RAV4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Sirius/XM tends to play the same 15 or 20 songs over and over for a week or so, and then switches to a different set. That is EXACTLY what you get with a CD.

icegradner

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

With streaming you can listen to whatever, whenever. The tech isnā€™t even difficult-you can literally use your voice to tell your phone what to play and boom itā€™s on your speakers.
If you want to pay for the same music over and over again forever on a monthly basis (at an ever increasing cost), be my guest. I'd rather pay once and listen to it as long as I like, on whatever device I like, whether I have an internet connection or not. Streaming audio sounds like a dog on good speakers anyway.

I'm not one of the people crying for CD player by the way. But I do listen to a lot of AM radio, far more than I do music in my vehicle.

Sliphorn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I had no idea people were upset about not having a cd player in their cars. With streaming you can listen to whatever, whenever. The tech isnā€™t even difficult-you can literally use your voice to tell your phone what to play and boom itā€™s on your speakers.
I also didnā€™t even know AM radio was a thing. I knew it was on radios but all Iā€™ve ever heard from it is static or televangelists.
Very interesting.
Didn't know AM radio was a thing?! Seriously?! All kinds of news, talk, sports, music, religious, foreign language, on and on. AM radio is here to stay. I lived in Chicago for 65 years and the airwaves are loaded with AM stations, just like any big city. Both WGN and WLS are powerful 50,000 watt transmitters. Maybe it's a generational thing, I don't know, but I love me some AM radio.

D.Pears

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Darrin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Dodge Ram 1500/Maverick ordered
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I had no idea people were upset about not having a cd player in their cars. With streaming you can listen to whatever, whenever. The tech isnā€™t even difficult-you can literally use your voice to tell your phone what to play and boom itā€™s on your speakers.
I also didnā€™t even know AM radio was a thing. I knew it was on radios but all Iā€™ve ever heard from it is static or televangelists.
Very interesting.
How much do you pay every month for streaming service? I have cases of my favorite CDs just sitting around doing nothing, along with some cassette tapes and two eight track tapes.

Sponsored

TheWizziard

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Oxford White
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Not surprised as itā€™s not 1985 anymore. Iā€™ve never used or even known anyone to listen to AM except for if its a severe storm watch or something. Complaining about that is like complaining why they donā€™t use smoker windows anymore or having high beam button on the floor as a foot button.
Just because you don't doesn't mean others don't. I listen to AM Talk/News everyday to and from work.

LSchicago

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 99 E150 Clb Wgn, 23 Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Sirius owns Pandora, so in a round about way you are listening to Sirius.....
That's true, but at least the music doesn't have it's high frequencies cut off.

A Dodge that drives Fords

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Taurus Ford Ranger
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Sorry to all AM fans, my self I haven't listened to a AM station for at least 30+ year's. I do feel your pain. I miss not having a CD player. But I've come to grips that streaming is the new future of music. After getting my truck I subscribe to YouTube premium. Bye-bye CDs šŸ˜¢

Sponsored

Gullzway

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Ford Mustang Fastback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Streaming audio sounds like a dog on good speakers anyway.
Depends on the source. Tidal music streams at CD quality or better. They have a $5.99/month military plan. Spotify is noticeably worse. Youtube/Amazon/etc. even lower quality.

D.Pears

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Darrin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Sorry to all AM fans, my self I haven't listened to a AM station for at least 30+ year's. I do feel your pain. I miss not having a CD player. But I've come to grips that streaming is the new future of music. After getting my truck I subscribe to YouTube premium. Bye-bye CDs šŸ˜¢
I am just tired of how fast things turn with technology. ("Me cave man!")
As I said: I have cases of CDs, tapes and a couple of eight track tapes kicking around doing "nothing" what a waste $$$$. Then someone wants me to pay for streaming?
I would love to have a radio delete option, also delete the touch screen and let me buy my own music device. (Ford you could speed up assembly time) Maybe I could use my old stack of 45's to put under drinks?

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Engine
Undecided
I didn't read all 10 pages but for those just tuning in (ha), this applies to the 2023 F150 Lightning - says so right on the referenced page. Go to the Lightning forums and vent anger there (many have). Rumor is AM doesn't do well in electric vehicles. This does not affect the '22 or '23 Maverick. Still has AM.

A Dodge that drives Fords

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Taurus Ford Ranger
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I am just tired of how fast things turn with technology. ("Me cave man!")
As I said: I have cases of CDs, tapes and a couple of eight track tapes kicking around doing "nothing" what a waste $$$$. Then someone wants me to pay for streaming?
I would love to have a radio delete option, also delete the touch screen and let me buy my own music device. (Ford you could speed up assembly time) Maybe I could use my old stack of 45's to put under drinks?
Hello Mr. Cave man, LoL. I am a tech junkie. But just wasn't ready to jump to streaming music until now. I guess I had to be pushed into doing it, by buying a Maverick. It is nice that I can ask Google to play any song. And thumbs up that song to make a special playlist of all my favorites. But there is something about physical media that I will always love. I have a collection of records, tapes, CDs, VHS, DVDs, blu-rays, 4K, and even laserdisc's. Streaming may take over but I will never give up my physical media.

D.Pears

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Darrin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hello Mr. Cave man, LoL. I am a tech junkie. But just wasn't ready to jump to streaming music until now. I guess I had to be pushed into doing it, by buying a Maverick. It is nice that I can ask Google to play any song. And thumbs up that song to make a special playlist of all my favorites. But there is something about physical media that I will always love. I have a collection of records, tapes, CDs, VHS, DVDs, blu-rays, 4K, and even laserdisc's. Streaming may take over but I will never give up my physical media.
I love your: "A Dodge that drives Fords." I drive a Dodge Ram now and I wish that I could drive a Ford now. Lol

My point was not so much tec as money. I am tired of tossing my money away on it.
Also, with "any" auto maker telling me what I can and can not have.
Before the big touch screens taking up dash space, it was super easy too buy any aftermarket system. :)
Sponsored