TheWizziard

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Oxford White
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
"The Drop In Bedliner that was ordered from Ford unfortunately does not allow access the various rear bed areas that you need. The only way to protect the bed and provide you the access to those areas is to work with an outside vendor for a Spray In Bedliner

Pure B.S. There is only bed liner. It fits everything from a XL to a Lariat w/Lux Package. All openings and all anchor points or lack there of.

I would not let this dealer fix this liner! It is obvious from his statement above that he doesn't know what he is doing. I would be concerned about him cutting openings if he didn't think they were supposed to be there in the first place.

My suggested recommendation:
  • Get your money back and go somewhere else.
  • If you like the drop in liner, find another dealer or order it and install it yourself. I really like the Maverick DIBL
  • If you still want the SIBL, find a reputable SIBL company and have it done on your own. I haven't had it quoted but $1200 to $1400 sounds high.
My personal preference is not to have anything done at a dealer except for warranty repairs.
Sponsored

Last edited:
Reactions: wjg

1fifty

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch.
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Stamford Ford / Lincoln.
Noted. 👍

anblatt

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Nissan Kicks SV
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

The liner was not included in the purchase price, paid by check. The Stamford Ford and Lincoln dealer charges extra for credit card payment. That should've been the first sign for the quality of their service...

Update...

The dealer replied to my email and this is what they've stated, quote:

"The Drop In Bedliner that was ordered from Ford unfortunately does not allow access the various rear bed areas that you need. The only way to protect the bed and provide you the access to those areas is to work with an outside vendor for a Spray In Bedliner, which I know is what you originally ordered and it was deleted from Ford.

A Spray In Liner from our outside vendor for a Maverick is usually $1,400.00. What we propose is that we credit you back the total cost of the Drop In Liner and discount your Spray In Liner to $1,200.00 (which is cost to us). We would would work with our outside vendor to secure a reservation for the spray in liner and you would work directly with Service to drop off the truck for a few days.

The other potential fix that you return the truck here and we work to physically cut out the areas necessary on the installed Drop In Liner to provide access to those areas at no charge to you."

At this point, I'd rather opt for the "credit you back the total cost of the Drop In Liner" option, about six "C" bills, as long as it cash and not credit. The Platinum Linex Spray In Liner would run couple of "C" bills more, and place is about seven miles away from me. I'll deal with "outside vendor" myself, would take only one day, thank you...

I have no trust in their service...

PS: I am really not happy about this regardless how it ends, but at this point the chain of events are in motion already. I would had been perfectly happy, if they did do it right at the first time... .
Get the refund and have the SIBL done yourself. I have seen multiple quotes for around $600 for this on this forum.

OP
OP
Skyline

Skyline

First Name
Skyline
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Honda Ridgeline
Engine
Undecided
Update...

I am trying to get my money back and gave the dealer until next Monday to do just that. If the dealer is reluctant to do so, I'll escalate my case to entities outside of the dealership. I just cannot stand incompetent service department that charges full price for shady work that they've done on my Mav.

The worst case scenario, if the outside entities side with the dealer, I'll remove the bed-liner and install it correctly in the spring. It's a process, but I've got all the times and like it or not, they'll just have to deal with me...

OP
OP
Skyline

Skyline

First Name
Skyline
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Honda Ridgeline
Engine
Undecided
My final update...

After discussing this issue with dealership's CEO/Owner, this issue had been resolved. The dealership sent couple of tech for training, offered to reinstall the bedliner for free of charge. In addition, they offered to refund my money for the bedliner. While I had been hesitant to take them up on this offer, I went along with it. The main reason being is that it is the only Ford dealer in my town and as such, didn't want to go to a different town for warranty and other repairs.

Yes, they did a bad installation, but since they've corrected it, I have no issues with taking my Maverick there. By now, they probably know that I do pay attention to the work that they may do in the future...(y)

Sponsored

Twixel Jackson

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My final update...

After discussing this issue with dealership's CEO/Owner, this issue had been resolved. The dealership sent couple of tech for training, offered to reinstall the bedliner for free of charge. In addition, they offered to refund my money for the bedliner. While I had been hesitant to take them up on this offer, I went along with it. The main reason being is that it is the only Ford dealer in my town and as such, didn't want to go to a different town for warranty and other repairs.

Yes, they did a bad installation, but since they've corrected it, I have no issues with taking my Maverick there. By now, they probably know that I do pay attention to the work that they may do in the future...(y)
Glad to hear this was corrected to your satisfaction. That is what matters the most. I live in a small town as well and have to work with the local dealership the best I can when there is a dispute.

Dude84

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My final update...

Hope they are able to correct the installation without issue. If so, I'd say that's a pretty reasonable approach to fixing their error, getting a refund and having the bedliner installed correctly (assuming they do, that is). It sucks that your order got messed up from the factory to begin with though.

gte105u

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Maverick Lariat, '17 Rogue SL, '14 Altima SV
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My final update...

Sounds like you had to break through to a real decision maker, but once you did it got resolved fairly.

One question, if I recall they had botched up the install in part by cutting off some areas on the back. How did they fix that? Cover over it, new panels, or was it not as bad as it looked?

texasPI

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My final update...

Wow...I don't know how I didn't see this thread before.

Not to beat a dead horse as I know it has been resolved to your satisfaction, but more for future persons finding this thread. I did my own install recently and posted the results in this post.

There are no actual instructions in the box for the DIBL, just a piece of paper with a QR code to scan to get instructions. When you get to the page input year and model, if you choose 2023 Maverick, the DIBL instructions are not shown on the page. I had to switch to 2022 to get them. The instructions can be hard to follow.

You should also make sure they used the right screws in the tailgate part and not reuse the ones that were there. I post an image from the instructions in another thread.

OP
OP
Skyline

Skyline

First Name
Skyline
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Honda Ridgeline
Engine
Undecided
One question, if I recall they had botched up the install in part by cutting off some areas on the back. How did they fix that? Cover over it, new panels, or was it not as bad as it looked?
Actually, I was wrong about that. It is how the brand new looks like, out of the box. at least, that's what couple of installation videos I've seen showed. If it is not cut off, you wouldn't be able to close the tailgate. Speaking of which...

You should also make sure they used the right screws in the tailgate part and not reuse the ones that were there. I post an image from the instructions in another thread.
I haven't checked those screws, but will do it during the next couple of days. Thx...
Sponsored