Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid & 2023 HD Duramax
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

The idea that someone should have the knowledge and foresight to 'do their homework' on a dealership order seems patently absurd.

The truth is the entire ordering situation has been entirely unreasonable and no regular person would have an inkling of a clue to research their dealers 'allocations' or other esoteric nonsense.

The entire order process and situation has been entirely unreasonable. The only reasonable response to folks lamenting the situation is, "Yup, sure is FUBAR"

Telling folks they should have done their homework leaves a bad taste in my mouth but there seem to be a contingent of posters here who get their jollies off looking down on the uneducated masses who haven't spent the last 6 months lurking here.
I have to agree with you. When I placed my order (in June) it was because the Ford site alone sold me with presentation, slick marketing and especially price. There were no further "action items" addressed - such as contact a dealer first or (especially) allocations. I failed to realize that there would be this many moving parts and subsequent variations of dealer communication once the order was placed. I was naive to think that any Ford dealer would gratefully take delivery for me, dealer prep it and be happy with the profit made on the sticker price since they have no skin in the game. Homework be damned!
Sponsored

Last edited:

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
First, I would like to thank all who responded to my rant. Thank you! So, what I gather from all your responses is that Ford is indeed attempting to eliminate a good number of their dealerships, by denying them access to inventory. Why? Too increase profits and please stockholders. What is Ford going to do about the customers that ordered in good faith from these dealers, that are now left with the sour taste from this experience?
I don't see any evidence whatsoever that Ford is trying to eliminate dealerships. Seems like just another internet conspiracy that somehow got legs after being repeated a few times. 🤷‍♂️

Q: What does Tesla, GM, Rivian, Lucid, Lordstown, Fisker have in common with Ford? They took orders in good faith (and in some cases LOTS of investment $) to build and deliver promising new vehicles and haven't been able to keep their promises either. Some people feel more heartburn over this than others. You can't please everybody all the time. That's life :unsure:

FirstFord

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Jetta
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
From everything I've seen, I'd expect your June order to get built in this MY. The poster who ordered in November? Not so much, regardless of who they ordered from.

I would have to wonder whether your dealer executed the order correctly; coded as retail and properly submitted ROVP. If not, you're out of luck as the dealer was not competent.

pxpaulx

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I appreciate your need to vent. It has been a while since you ordered and you may not have received much in the way of communication. I do not know, but I will give you my honest answer. If you have been a Priority 2 since November and have not received a build date, it must be due to constraints. You have not listed in this thread exactly what you ordered, so I could be way off base.

I realize that you may have seen some of your constraint items installed on trucks ordered after you. However, Ford cannot stockpile one of your constraint items while waiting for two or three other constraint items not available. So they use them. If you have enough constraint items and you start to multiple the percentages for each constraint, you can almost reach zero and zero is your chance of getting a build.

I do not advise anyone to drop a constraint item if they want it. It is your truck, but you can trade off getting what you want later or something you do not want quicker.

Vent and be patient... That's a bit hard to do....
This is the most appropriate response to this thread discussion. If the order has been 02 for 6 months, there are several constraint or low volume parts on the build, the aggregate of which are making it next to impossible to schedule any given week.

Advice to the OP (if you are able since your order is 02...might take some dealer leg work), take anything off the order that can be purchased afterwards. Floor mats, mud flaps, tonneau. Any one of these could hold you up this week. Next week a constraint item is the hold up - both weeks you won't get scheduled.

What people don't understand is that it is the job of a group of people to manage scheduling - they are using data, applying filters and coming up with inventory to be built. All of those steps are managed by people, making decisions. They are inherently going to take the path of least resistance when filtering and making choices.

To put it simply - I need to build 8 trucks next week, and have 10 orders in front of me. Even without constraints, if 2 of them have mudflaps and they are all otherwise equal, guess which 2 aren't getting picked? That is just a single layer - for a truck with 100 options and 1,000s of parts, the complexity is significant.

DaFaDa

First Name
Ronald Koons
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Dart
Agreed. This is a result of a poorly organized system, NOT who did or did not do research. The ordering system, like so much else in the country, is an undisclosed invisible process that in most cases, even the dealers are not privy to. I have even called Ford Corporate, and although I always get a frendly helpful person, that person knows nothing more than anybody else. In the end, the only one loosing here is Ford: I'm not sure how they can run a business, reguardles of the excuses of chip shortages and whatnot, with an ordering process like this one.

Sponsored

Espeer

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 focus, 2003 expedition
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
First, I would like to thank all who responded to my rant. Thank you! So, what I gather from all your responses is that Ford is indeed attempting to eliminate a good number of their dealerships, by denying them access to inventory. Why? Too increase profits and please stockholders. What is Ford going to do about the customers that ordered in good faith from these dealers, that are now left with the sour taste from this experience?

Wait. You had a relatively unfounded hypothesis, you asked for info hoping to get support for that hypothesis, got a bunch of information that certainly did not provide that support, and somehow, with what can only be described as willful ignorance, claim that your hypothesis has now been shown to be accurate?

NJ Pinelands

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I am far past the point of wondering how Ford plans to fill all 2022 orders. It is now apparent it can not be accomplished this year. There are a large number of dealers with dozens of orders on their books who have yet to receive even one retail allocation. Is there anybody that can convince me I am wrong? Also WHY is it these dealers are passed over for retail allocations? Placed my order on July 1 Was informed that I was the first to place a Maverick order with them. STILL NOT SCHEDULED! Proirity 2 since November. Thank you all for letting me vent.
There is no excuse for someone who ordered in July 1 not to have their Maverick in their driveway by now.

JKinPA

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Mountaineer
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I never assume malice when sheer incompetence can cause the same outcome. While they're certainly screwing over customers and smaller dealers I don't think it is by design.

I presume not even Ford knew how much of a cluster this would be (at least in the early stages).

When even the manufacturer couldn't foresee this it seems odd that so many here assign blame towards the consumer for not 'doing their due diligence', 'research', 'homework' or whatever term someone wants to use to finger wag.

I didn't call you any names, at all. I called out the behavior and described it appropriately. I'm sorry if that offended you. Perhaps some self reflection is in order.
LMAO
I am self reflecting how much I enjoy my Maverick, hopefully you are as well.
Good day

DryHeat

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DryHeat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yes, I received (and saved) emails from them confirming it would be MSRP.

And while I will accept a license plate frame with the dealer's name on it, please no stickers or emblems on my truck!!
Good work on pushing your dealer to send you something in writing. Maybe he would have sold it to you for MSRP anyway, and maybe not. But at least this way you have the peace of mind of knowing you've got something in your pocket to push them with.

About the dealer stickers, etc. I pulled mine off the day I got the truck home and, maybe because it had only been on there a few hours, it was really easy to peel away from the paint.

I kept the dealer plate frame on for a few weeks to advertise for him (he was really good to deal with) but that was enough and it's gone now.

Sponsored

Tbolt

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' EcoSport SES, 22' Lariat Lux FX4 Eco Mav
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Seems like some folks think the other guy has inventory. Nobody has any dealer stock. All of the manufacturers are behind trying to get cars built. Heck, the local Ford dealer here pretty much has zero new inventory on anything. The larger dealer in Tacoma that I bought my wife’s car and did gather prep on my Mav typically has 300 new Fords per lot (they have a sister lot in Lakewood) they have about 60 per at the moment. Their Toyota dealer is the same.

My build was a HEAVILY constrained Eco, had it been a Hybrid I’d have no doubt still not seen it. As it was it took from September until a few days ago to get it.

I don’t believe this is some conspiracy to drive dealers out of business. Just point out the ones that have a full lot. Go on, I’ll wait.

Maggot Toe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
I feel like this forum wants orders to be first in first out, but at the same time all dealers be honest with no funny $10k markups without delivery. I'm not sure that's possible as mystery allocations is about the only tool Ford has to keep dealers in line. I wondered why I got ours so fast, turns out I'm only the 5th delivered from our local dealer. Probably a lot of Super Duties is their main business so the Mavericks get allocated quick. Dealer was super honest.

OP
OP
Lugnut

Lugnut

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Wait. You had a relatively unfounded hypothesis, you asked for info hoping to get support for that hypothesis, got a bunch of information that certainly did not provide that support, and somehow, with what can only be described as willful ignorance, claim that your hypothesis has now been shown to be accurate?
IF it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck. I call it a Duck!

olderbudwiser

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lincoln Corsair, 2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
From everything I've seen, I'd expect your June order to get built in this MY. The poster who ordered in November? Not so much, regardless of who they ordered from.

I would have to wonder whether your dealer executed the order correctly; coded as retail and properly submitted ROVP. If not, you're out of luck as the dealer was not competent.
Why isn't the Ford Account all over this. A June order still waiting very inappropriate.
Hint Ford Account this is where your help is needed.!!!

Bad Actor

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 Ranger XLT, 73 Mustang Base, 02 Toyota Camry
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Nothing until it starts affecting their bottom line. Everything they have been telling us has been pretty much lip service, sorry to say.
Sponsored