First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RECEIVED '23 Hybrid Lariat Mav Oxford White BAP
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So I don't have a maverick (ordered 1 back on this past Sept 17th) but I noticed frd_mvr22 on IG and I asked him what he installed on his maverick because they looked really cool. Gene told me he bought some from AuxBeam.com :

(2pcs/set) 3 inch 6 Modes White&Amber LED Square Light Pod Working Lights with Wiring Harness for Toyota Tundra TRD 4x4 Off-Road Ă— 1
3"Embedded-72W
I paid $59.99
If I get a truck once installed I will post a pic w these foglights-

Last edited:

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, - Lariat, Hyundai Palisade
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So I don't have a maverick (ordered 1 back on this past Sept 17th) but I noticed frd_mvr22 on IG and I asked him what he installed on his maverick because they looked really cool. Gene told me he bought some from AuxBeam.com :

(2pcs/set) 3 inch 6 Modes White&Amber LED Square Light Pod Working Lights with Wiring Harness for Toyota Tundra TRD 4x4 Off-Road Ă— 1
3"Embedded-72W
I paid $59.99
If I get a truck once installed I will post a pic w these foglights-
Very similar to the ones ShadowBlack XL440 showed us.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09P341PN...coliid=I6GA3ZDP8S6O4&colid=2Y6DSIFC1J9N9&th=1

sdy284

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT 2.0 FWD - Alto Blue
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
$240 is a bit pricy, no?
For an engineered lighting option with actual optics, that is SAE legal to use on the road? (opposed to the cheap flood-pattern junk)

I don't think so.

Last edited:

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
For an engineered lighting option with actual optics that is SAE legal to use on the road? (opposed to the cheap flood-pattern junk)

I don't think so.
Always good to have a choice.

Sponsored

sdy284

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT 2.0 FWD - Alto Blue
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Always good to have a choice.
It's not really a choice if you're buying lights with the intent of using them as actual fog lights.

Using the cheap, flood light style lights in conditions that actually warrant fog lights will be equivalent to turning on your brights - it's going to make your visibility worse as all that scattered light is going to reflect off the snow/rain/fog and bounce right back into your eyeballs. Not to mention the people that drive around on the road with their flood light "fog lights" , light bars and LED bulbs in reflector headlights end up blinding the shit out of oncoming traffic due to the complete absence of a beam pattern

So when it comes to fog lights, this particular choice is not a good thing

Last edited:

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It's not really a choice of you're buying lights with the intent of using them as actual fog lights.

Using the cheap, flood light style lights in conditions that actually warrant fog lights will be equivalent to turning on your brights - it's going to make your visibility worse as all that scattered light is going to reflect off the snow/rain/fog and bounce right back into your eyeballs. Not to mention the people that drive around on the road with their flood light "fog lights" , light bars and LED bulbs in reflector headlights end up blinding the shit out of oncoming traffic due to the complete absence of a beam pattern

So when it comes to fog lights, this particular choice in not a good thing
Understood and I agree. My purposed use for the lights is mainly to throw more light directly in front of my vehicle and not so much "cut" through the rare fog we have here.

GPSMan

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

It's not really a choice if you're buying lights with the intent of using them as actual fog lights.

So when it comes to fog lights, this particular choice is not a good thing
Can you tell us how you really feel?

I do think "brightness" of lights has gone up in recent years tho.

fossil

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 SVT Cobra Mustang, HPR Lariat Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Got my "in case I get a Tremor" fog lights yesterday. They went on sale and I couldn't resist.
Heck if the Tremor doesn't show I'll add them to my zero turn in the spring.
Diode Dynamics SSc2 SAE Fog
Ford Maverick Fog lights for Maverick ? 20221110_112511
Ford Maverick Fog lights for Maverick ? 20221110_112356

Sponsored

sdy284

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT 2.0 FWD - Alto Blue
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Got my "in case I get a Tremor" fog lights yesterday. They went on sale and I couldn't resist.
Heck if the Tremor doesn't show I'll add them to my zero turn in the spring.
Diode Dynamics SSc2 SAE Fog
20221110_112511.jpg
20221110_112356.jpg
Nice, I've been eyeing the amber ss3 pro for ditch lights. Waiting for black Friday

fossil

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 SVT Cobra Mustang, HPR Lariat Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Nice, I've been eyeing the amber ss3 pro for ditch lights. Waiting for black Friday
Assembled in the USA lol. That meant to me is you can get parts for these lights and they advertise that. If the white, with amber back light, doesn't work out I can change out the fronts to amber. spot, flood or whatever.

Ford Maverick Fog lights for Maverick ? 20221110_112123

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Can you tell us how you really feel?

I do think "brightness" of lights has gone up in recent years tho.
Truth be known, I appreciated his perspective of using cheaper "fog lights". And, yes, while lighting technology has improved and been make less expensive like all developed technology, he made some valid points about the differences between well designed lighting and knock-offs. Also, not only has brightness increased, as you agreed, people are using the lights in an inappropriate manner not realizing the extra glare to other drivers.

GPSMan

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I'm going with the cheap.

I'll turn them on only a few times a year in off road or way out in the boondocks where other drivers are rare and wildlife isn't. So cheap fits the bill for me.

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm going with the cheap.

I'll turn them on only a few times a year in off road or way out in the boondocks where other drivers are rare and wildlife isn't. So cheap fits the bill for me.
My needs are similar to yours. Only used if I'm in a situation where I'm not seeing the road safely as in secluded and under lighted area or in the rain which scatters headlights.
Sponsored