Fog lights for Maverick ?

jbpoole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Engine
Undecided
It looks like a small radiatior, mounted below the radiator. It cools off the compressed air coming from the turbo before it goes into the engine.
Good information.

I'm old school, so the turbo thing is foreign to me. Thanks.
Sponsored

Big_T

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Not about money, many of us don't like turbocharged engines.
Ford could have left a much better looking blank space instead of an embossed area that looks like something is missing.
Reminds me of the dash cubby that doesn't belong.
I think the Ford stylists were trying to imitate air inlets or brake cooling ducts, some other vehicles do the same, front and rear.

Aherpa

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Edge, Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I’m not sure where you’re pulling your claims as fact from so I’m just going to ignore those. But yes, I live in the south where it’s warm so obstructing airflow needed for cooling is an awful idea.
Also, most of these small LED lights produce quite a bit of heat themselves and even have their own heat sinks to dissipate it. That heat is only a few inches in front of the intercooler that needs 'cool' air.

rupzuk

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep, GMC, Harley
I’m forced to have a front license plate, fog light mounts off of those are commonlace and will work for me without giving up the tow hooks of restricting the inter cooler.

Sponsored

testa422

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Legacy
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

CACTI_HYBRID

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Good information.

I'm old school, so the turbo thing is foreign to me. Thanks.
No turbo on the hybrid so this is a non-issue for me. 😁

Naranjita

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
NAH-RON-EE-TAH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Do we know if those blank panels are molded or a separate piece that can be removed
I think I read somewhere that the FX4 bumper is a different piece from non FX4 which makes me think it’s all molded one piece

My plan is to remove my tow hooks to mount fog lights (as I have no need for the hooks)
Of course in the months I’ll be waiting for my Maverick to arrive I’m sure this and other issues will have been figured out
It's solid molded in Fx4 and non FX-4 models. Mr. Boom covered it in his YouTube channel. They will have to be manually cut/modified.

minnow

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Miata, 2007 V8 4Runner, 2019 GTI SE 6MT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I did a cursory bit of digging to figure out an OEM+ way of activating aftermarket fog lights on the Maverick - As of now, it appears that the F150 or Bronco Sport combination switch should fit where the Maverick's goes, and this switch has dedicated front and rear fog light controls built in. (at least on the Bronco sport) It's doubtful that the wiring for the rear auxiliary lights are in place on the Maverick, but it's worth checking for the front. Worst case scenario is that the wiring would need to be run to the replacement switch.

Edit: I have added two pictures. The first is an F150 combination switch. Second is the Maverick. They appear to be identical in shape.

Ford Maverick Fog lights for Maverick ? 2021-Ford-F-150-Lariat-with-Hybrid-32

Ford Maverick Fog lights for Maverick ? Maverick XLT, Carbonized Gray, Ecoboost AWD with 4k towing by Ken L 8

Last edited:
Sponsored

vezpa

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
EMG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too many to list.
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
In the next few months Im sure the aftermarket will bring out new products to solve this problem like a new lower front bumper valance like they sell for all the other trucks like this one for a Chevy S10. Then you can mount OEM looking lights. Our trucks haven't been out long enough for the aftermarket yet.

Ford Maverick Fog lights for Maverick ? Screenshot_20211206-034350_eBay

Last edited:

Red Ryder

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT Iconic Silver
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think the Ford stylists were trying to imitate air inlets or brake cooling ducts, some other vehicles do the same, front and rear.
Maybe so. And if so, they failed. The light embossing looks like a knockout rather than an inlet. Like the switch blanks on low-spec cars, it draws attention that something is missing. In this case, it looks like the blanks where fogs should go. Inter-cooler inlets and brake cooling are more appropriate look for performance car, not a truck.

GaMaverick

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
In the next few months Im sure the aftermarket will bring out new products to solve this problem like a new lower front bumper valance like they sell for all the other trucks like this one for a Chevy S10. Then you can mount OEM looking lights. Our trucks haven't been out long enough for the aftermarket yet.

Screenshot_20211206-034350_eBay.jpg
Why not just buy a oem valance that has the opening for tow hooks and put it on?
Boom openings for fog lights.

RussellP IL

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mav hybrid. 20 escape hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Why have yellow fog lights, instead of headlight matching driving lights?

TheGriffin1313

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mongo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mav, 05 M3, 07GSXR
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Someone say foglight for the Maverick ......:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Sponsored