First Name
Jeannette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-250 Diesel, 1968 Cadillac Eldorado
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I ordered an XLT Hybrid through Elder Ford of Tampa that was supposed to be purchased at MSRP but they never completed the ROVP. They never reached out to tell me they screwed up. Instead I got calls just telling me that my vehicle wouldn't get built as a MY22. After pressing for more information about my order and asking about removing constraint items for my build it finally comes out that they only submitted my order to Ford but never completed the ROVP/COVP part before the hybrid order banks closed even though they had two weeks to do so. So now it turns out I am SOL and so are 19 other people that ordered Hybrids through them. If they had told me that they screwed up the order soon enough I could have had time to order an Eco Boost. The sales manager said he had no knowledge of Ford providing price protection on Maverick orders and although they screwed up they wont honor my build price for MY23. He also said they can put me on the contact list for if someone backs out of a Maverick order but they can't guarantee that I would get it at MSRP... even though they screwed up my order that I would have gotten at MSRP. He said it was because they only make a couple hundred dollars off of the Maverick at MSRP based on the invoice price (although that doesn't include the dealer hold back or the $1000 dealer/document fee). So if you are looking for a dealership that will screw things up and then not offer even the slightest effort to compromise on making things right and keeping a happy customer, then I highly recommend Elder Ford of Tampa.
Be sure to write a Google review if you can and then put a post a link to it so we can all like it and get the ratings up on it. They will be sorry they did this to 19 of their customers!

NJBob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, 2003 MR2, 2019 Forrester, 1969 Z/28
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Nope! I agree, that's lame. From what I have heard a doc fee doesn't cost more than 99 dollars. Was told if I was charged $100 for a doc fee that was one dollar too much. Nitrogen fee? Tell them to fill with air.

But yeah, NO to that price.

As for my order today I dropped the trifold tonneau cover and swing tool box. My dealer told me those would slow my order down and they can order them and have them in 3-5 days. So that is what I will do. And, after watching some videos I think I like the hard roll up cover better anyway. Once I get a build date I'll order the accessories I want. Only one I kept was the drop in tray liner, they didn't mention that would hold it up. At least it's not spray in.

I'll wait it out, no dealer mark ups for me. No paint protection BS or any of that either. I want what I want.
Florida is known for the highest doc fees in the country. In NY its 175 by law. It used to be 75. In NJ it can be up to 500. Dealers can charge whatever they want as long as everyone pays the same. This is as far as I know.

mcluvin

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CR-V
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Bozard Ford with the $40K used Mav XLT...

Ford Maverick FL Dealers Charging More Than MSRP and Those That Aren’t buzzard.PNG

Last edited:

Sponsored

mcluvin

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CR-V
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Tallahassee Ford - ~$800 dealer fee and mandatory ~$1,800 protection package (ceramic, tint, etc.). The sales guy said they don't budge on the protection package. Their website auto-populates inventory with customer pre-orders.

MikeInFla

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ford Ranger, 2016 VW Passat, 2017 VW Beetle
Tallahassee Ford - ~$800 dealer fee and mandatory ~$1,800 protection package (ceramic, tint, etc.). The sales guy said they don't budge on the protection package. Their website auto-populates inventory with customer pre-orders.
Good to know. I was told by Tallahassee Ford no mark-ups, but there it is hidden in a package I would not want.

Tallahassee Ford isn't the only dealer who puts custom orders on their website. Many of them do and some of them are not even aware of it. I called one dealer in the panhandle about a Mav on their site. I asked the sales lady (who called me back) if there was ADM. She said yes, $2500 on all vehicles. Then I asked if there was a window sticker for it and she said no. I got the VIN and after the call looked it up to see a sticker. Found it, green border sticker so I emailed her back with the sticker and said "here it is, green border so this is someone else's order". She emailed back and did not seem to understand green vs. blue stickers. I knew more about it than she did. Maybe she was new? Probably... I don't remember her name but when I called I got her desk phone voice mail and it said "Hi, this is Heather and I am away from my desk...". This woman was not named Heather so I assume she was a brand new sales person and just didn't know the difference in window stickers.

Anyway, she ended up calling me back and said that the Mav was someone's order. Then asked if she could keep me in mind when one comes in. I said "With a $2500 mark up, no. Not interested in over paying for a vehicle".

I told her I had an order in thru my dealer but I was trying to see if something else was out there now as opposed to waiting.

Anyway, point of my message is that if a dealer doesn't have ADM apparently they have other hidden fees that are not optional (Tallahassee Ford).

mcluvin

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CR-V
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Good to know. I was told by Tallahassee Ford no mark-ups, but there it is hidden in a package I would not want.
I don't mind overpaying some for tint, but $1800 + $800? And both of those numbers are mostly profit. Now if that's all they are up charging in this market, they aren't as bad as most. I'm just not willing to pay it.

Potatomafia

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Karl Flammer Ford in Tarpon Springs also adds a dealer protection package to every vehicle, regardless if its a customer order or dealer stock. The protection package adds another $1995 on top of the $799 dealer fee and $109 electronic filing fee.

Brandon Ford has a $1295 dealer fee and a $108 electronic filing fee.

Veterans Ford has a $900 dealer fee, $250 admin fee and a $58 electronic filing fee.

Bill Currie Ford has a $1295 dealer fee and a $97 admin fee.

None of these dealers will be getting my business due to the ridiculous dealer fees.

Last edited:

matt09ad

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
honda monkey. totaled 2001 ford ranger edge stepsi
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have heard good things about Sam Galloway ford in FT Myers on this site. that's where I ordered from. my truck is currently in jefferson city MO on the train.

Sponsored

Bsimps

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
91 Mustang gt, 02 Mercedes AMG
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Would be curious to hear back if you got the original price or they tried to add $ market increase and dealer added options you didn’t want when you pick it up, seen many dealers choosing greed over customer satisfaction in the posts..

skadizzle

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat BAP
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I have heard good things about Sam Galloway ford in FT Myers on this site. that's where I ordered from. my truck is currently in jefferson city MO on the train.
They were charging $4000 ADM for any on the lot a few months ago. They are probably more now.

w32pamela

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989 Toyota pickup, 2009 Prius, 2022 XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Chipola Ford in Mariana was great. The truck arrived 03/21/22 and they had it ready to go the next day. Everything was exactly what we had agreed to back in June 2021. No dealer add-ons to haggle about no ADM etc. They made it the easiest car purchase I've been part of.

landscpdesgnr

First Name
liz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford 2022 Mav XLT Lux CP360 & Ford Fusion 2014
We just picked up our Maverick yesterday from Greenway Orlando and after the bumps in the path to this point, it could not have gone more smoothly.
Little past history, we were told late Dec delivery, were down to 1 vehicle for 2 adults when we ordered in Oct. No communication at all from dealer or salesman except when I called late Dec to find out it would be early spring. Mid Feb we received vmail from salesman they were selling our ordered Mav & we would have to re-order in Aug. I totally went off on the salesman on the phone to the point of, if I wasn't justified w my reaction, I would have been embarrassed for myself haha esp showing up to the dealership to pu. I requested the visibility report and was sent the live internal spreadsheet which was then the only info I got. It was kept up to date w transit and railcar# and tracking. I called CSX occasionally to ck myself.

As previously mentioned I proactively emailed both the salesman & sales manager stating we were under price protection, had an accepted X-plan on our order, wanted only the stuff on our order, no extras at all. We showed up w paperwork & Mav ready. Immediately I sensed the kid-glove treatment which is fine I'm in control of the situation but also a very fair minded capitalist (they should make something & I should feel like I got value too). I brought a file folder of paperwork & notebook of inspection items. The dealer paperwork all checked out, he felt the need to show us line by line etc. Took the copies of docs to verify the X-Plan and came back w new paperwork that had the $1500 over MSRP husband agreed to in Oct removed, due to X-Plan rules. So I was happy about that. Husband filled out finance paperwork and we went to sit in & drive the truck for the first time ever. Came back went to finance and since we were no longer over MSRP and my husband is financing & paying himself I didn't care what he did. He was offered 0% 36 mo but wanted to know longer lengths, I think it came to 2% 60 mo. He did get the maintenance pk for 5 yrs $2k & extended warranty $2k, these were capped w X-Plan. I wasn't thrilled but this is someone who is an exec senior engineer w MS Mech Engineering who refuses to take care of vehicles, so hopefully this time he does!

Overall I am happy w how the last leg of the journey went! Now on to mods 🎉💪🏼🙌🏼😄

skadizzle

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat BAP
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

We just picked up our Maverick yesterday from Greenway Orlando and after the bumps in the path to this point, it could not have gone more smoothly.
Little past history, we were told late Dec delivery, were down to 1 vehicle for 2 adults when we ordered in Oct. No communication at all from dealer or salesman except when I called late Dec to find out it would be early spring. Mid Feb we received vmail from salesman they were selling our ordered Mav & we would have to re-order in Aug. I totally went off on the salesman on the phone to the point of, if I wasn't justified w my reaction, I would have been embarrassed for myself haha esp showing up to the dealership to pu. I requested the visibility report and was sent the live internal spreadsheet which was then the only info I got. It was kept up to date w transit and railcar# and tracking. I called CSX occasionally to ck myself.

As previously mentioned I proactively emailed both the salesman & sales manager stating we were under price protection, had an accepted X-plan on our order, wanted only the stuff on our order, no extras at all. We showed up w paperwork & Mav ready. Immediately I sensed the kid-glove treatment which is fine I'm in control of the situation but also a very fair minded capitalist (they should make something & I should feel like I got value too). I brought a file folder of paperwork & notebook of inspection items. The dealer paperwork all checked out, he felt the need to show us line by line etc. Took the copies of docs to verify the X-Plan and came back w new paperwork that had the $1500 over MSRP husband agreed to in Oct removed, due to X-Plan rules. So I was happy about that. Husband filled out finance paperwork and we went to sit in & drive the truck for the first time ever. Came back went to finance and since we were no longer over MSRP and my husband is financing & paying himself I didn't care what he did. He was offered 0% 36 mo but wanted to know longer lengths, I think it came to 2% 60 mo. He did get the maintenance pk for 5 yrs $2k & extended warranty $2k, these were capped w X-Plan. I wasn't thrilled but this is someone who is an exec senior engineer w MS Mech Engineering who refuses to take care of vehicles, so hopefully this time he does!

Overall I am happy w how the last leg of the journey went! Now on to mods 🎉💪🏼🙌🏼😄
Congrats! Hope to see you guys around town some day. I'm still waiting on my order from Mullinax and probably still will be 6 months from now.
Sponsored