FL Dealers Charging More Than MSRP and Those That Aren’t

landscpdesgnr

First Name
liz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford 2022 Mav XLT Lux CP360 & Ford Fusion 2014
Congrats! Hope to see you guys around town some day. I'm still waiting on my order from Mullinax and probably still will be 6 months from now.
Ugh I'm sorry 😞 I honestly feel terrible saying we got our Oct order when sooo many FE (this is ridiculous & should have been produced 1st above all else) & summer orders have nothing.

Mid Oct we originally ordered Hybrid but salesman told us to change it as we were close to cut off. We finalized order to EB late Oct. I would press Mullinax to give you the internal spreadsheet so you can see how their orders stack up. From Greenway's there is a clear block of orders late Oct thru Jan w no progress just unscheduled-clean they are all hybrids, all the EB are in transit, build or scheduled thru May. I hope you hear good news soon!
Sponsored

skadizzle

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat BAP
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Ugh I'm sorry 😞 I honestly feel terrible saying we got our Oct order when sooo many FE (this is ridiculous & should have been produced 1st above all else) & summer orders have nothing.

Mid Oct we originally ordered Hybrid but salesman told us to change it as we were close to cut off. We finalized order to EB late Oct. I would press Mullinax to give you the internal spreadsheet so you can see how their orders stack up. From Greenway's there is a clear block of orders late Oct thru Jan w no progress just unscheduled-clean they are all hybrids, all the EB are in transit, build or scheduled thru May. I hope you hear good news soon!
I think the switch to Ecoboost definitely helped you there. I have tried pushing on my salesman to give me how many hybrids are still unscheduled but says he doesn't know. May have to just show up over there one day and talk to a manager. Shouldn't take more than 30 seconds to tell me how many there are. Would like to know how many Lariat lux hybrids are ahead of me but that might take 60 seconds more and that would be too much for them 🙃

landscpdesgnr

First Name
liz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think the switch to Ecoboost definitely helped you there. I have tried pushing on my salesman to give me how many hybrids are still unscheduled but says he doesn't know. May have to just show up over there one day and talk to a manager. Shouldn't take more than 30 seconds to tell me how many there are. Would like to know how many Lariat lux hybrids are ahead of me but that might take 60 seconds more and that would be too much for them 🙃
When you talk to them, also include the GM or sales manager (mine was on the Ford Tracker page) and say that you will not give them a good rating if they don't share the Visibility Report or internal spreadsheet! I would email them ahead of the visit, check email just b4 walking in LOL so they can instantly reply w attachment and you can say they just got an email from you.

James L. Harrison

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariot
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
After reading some of the threads in this group I decided to call Gary Yeomans in Daytona Beach and ask them about an up charge on my truck. The salesman told me absolutely, anywhere from $2995 to $10,000 and he said every dealer was because they are in such demand. I told him not everyone was and Ford did not like them adding fees. He said Gary Yeomans doesn’t care about what the customer thinks because people will pay a premium on the same day someone else cancels!

As more Mavericks are delivered and the price of fuel increases some dealers may take advantage and add ADM.

Let‘s get this list together and maybe Ford Motor Company will take notice.

ADMs on Customer Orders:
1. Gary Yeomans Ford - Palm Bay, Daytona Beach
2. Delray Ford
3. Pompano Ford
4. Midway Ford
5. Ford of Kendall
6. Greenway Orlando
7. Bill Currey Ford - Tampa ($15K over MSRP)
8. Sarasota Ford - (inventory - $5K + several BS add-ons - up to $15K over?)

No ADMs on Customer Orders/ADMs on Inventory
1. Sawgrass Ford
2. Mullinax Ford
3. Bozard Ford - St Augustine
4. Bill Jarrett Ford - Avon Park - possibly a discount
5. Kelly Ford - Melbourne - Andre Mannian
6. Brandon Ford - no ADM on orders, $2500 ADM on inventory
7. Peacock Ford - Maitland - no ADM on orders, $4000 ADM on inventory
I live near Brandon Ford; I bought my '14 Focus ST there. They agreed to order my Maverick for MSRP with no mark up. However they listed a "dealer fee" of $1299 and would not budge. I went elsewhere...

Last edited:

James L. Harrison

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariot
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I’m tempted to add one more category: ScumBag Dealers - Gary Yeoman’s in Daytona Beach, Dillon Wood, salesman and Mike Holland, Sales Manager! Daily calls and texts with salesman (unreturned calls to manager) then on Monday the truck arrives at the dealership and the salesman calls to tell me the truck had been damaged in transit and had to be returned, but they don’t take pictures? Thanks to a MTC member who ran a Carfax on the VIN I now know it was sold on Tuesday probably because someone offered to pay more 😡 if you think this is just wrong join the rest of us and write a review. But by all means stay away and tell your friends about this dishonest dealer!
I called Tallahassee Ford and they told me they do not mark up Mavericks or any vehicles. No idea if it is true or not. You really never know until you actually go to a dealer.
I've found a lot of salespersons will agree to order the Maverick for MSRP. However when I asked about any other fees they mention tax/tag/title/... AND a "Dealer Fee" that ranged from $899 to $1399. No way...

Sponsored

JennyJoannSuebeeMcNash

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford F150 XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
After reading some of the threads in this group I decided to call Gary Yeomans in Daytona Beach and ask them about an up charge on my truck. The salesman told me absolutely, anywhere from $2995 to $10,000 and he said every dealer was because they are in such demand. I told him not everyone was and Ford did not like them adding fees. He said Gary Yeomans doesn’t care about what the customer thinks because people will pay a premium on the same day someone else cancels!

As more Mavericks are delivered and the price of fuel increases some dealers may take advantage and add ADM.

Let‘s get this list together and maybe Ford Motor Company will take notice.

ADMs on Customer Orders:
1. Gary Yeomans Ford - Palm Bay, Daytona Beach
2. Delray Ford
3. Pompano Ford
4. Midway Ford
5. Ford of Kendall
6. Greenway Orlando
7. Bill Currey Ford - Tampa ($15K over MSRP)
8. Sarasota Ford - (inventory - $5K + several BS add-ons - up to $15K over?)

No ADMs on Customer Orders/ADMs on Inventory
1. Sawgrass Ford
2. Mullinax Ford
3. Bozard Ford - St Augustine
4. Bill Jarrett Ford - Avon Park - possibly a discount
5. Kelly Ford - Melbourne - Andre Mannian
6. Brandon Ford - no ADM on orders, $2500 ADM on inventory
7. Peacock Ford - Maitland - no ADM on orders, $4000 ADM on inventory
Shockingly, there were no ADM's on my order with GYF. In reviewing my paperwork, I actually came out a few hundred less than anticipated on the DORA form. So aside from getting a laughable offer on my trade, I have no complaints with GYF. Much thanks to Owen Stroup and Tyler Grant.

Bsimps

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
91 Mustang gt, 02 Mercedes AMG
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have heard good things about Sam Galloway ford in FT Myers on this site. that's where I ordered from. my truck is currently in jefferson city MO on the train.
I have heard good things about Sam Galloway ford in FT Myers on this site. that's where I ordered from. my truck is currently in jefferson city MO on the train.
matt, Have you picked up your Maverick yet? Any additional fees or dealer charges added?

landscpdesgnr

First Name
liz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Have you received either of your orders yet?

matt09ad

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
honda monkey. totaled 2001 ford ranger edge stepsi
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
matt, Have you picked up your Maverick yet? Any additional fees or dealer charges added?
i picked it up today. no added adm, there was a dealer fee, i cant remember what it was. ill get back with ya on it

Last edited:

skadizzle

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat BAP
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Have you received either of your orders yet?
Nope, still don't even have a build date for either one. I'm not expecting to see them until August-September

Sponsored

GrearDaneLife

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic type r
I can confirm that Kelly Ford in Melbourne Florida sells at MSRP. My salesman called me yesterday to alert me the truck was inbound. I asked what will be the adm, he responded we only sell MSRP and we don't do dealer add-ons unless I request them.

Last edited:

Alj23

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Toyota 4Runner
I called Tallahassee Ford today to return their call about a Maverick inquiry I submitted on their website. I spoke with Allen Swindle about coming in on August 2nd to put in an order for an XLT Maverick, trailer hitch added by the factory, nothing else.

He said they would sell it to me at MSRP, but they add a "protection package" to every vehicle. Packages includes window tint, door guards, and exterior/interior "protection" for paint chips, dings, interior spills, etc. Wanted to charge me $1495. Told him I wasn't interested in the package, and I didn't want it added. He first told me it's required by the dealership owner to be put on all vehicles, and when I pushed back again, he said they wouldn't let that destroy a deal and they just wouldn't add it. Then he told me I had to put down a $500 refundable deposit to "get my place in line". Told him I wasn't interested in doing that either, and he said we'd work it out in person and do things the way I want to, whatever that means.

All in all, I'll give this dealer a shot, and see if I can get out the door without being "swindled". They've also got like a $899 doc fee, which is ridiculous, but gonna try to negotiate that too. Push comes to shove, I'll just walk out and put an order in at Panama City Ford two hours away.

Edit: forget to mention, he said no markup.

Bsimps

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
91 Mustang gt, 02 Mercedes AMG
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Picked up my Maverick today from Sam Galloway Ford in Ft. Myers today, Wonderful dealer experience, No mark ups, add ons, honored pricing, FMC interest rate and no Hurricane damage.
Recommend them and Anthony Caputo was my salesman.

AwHeck

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Picked up my Maverick today from Sam Galloway Ford in Ft. Myers today, Wonderful dealer experience, No mark ups, add ons, honored pricing, FMC interest rate and no Hurricane damage.
Recommend them and Anthony Caputo was my salesman.
Hoping for a similar experience. I met with Anthony in May before I headed north for the summer (yeah, one of those) and built one based on the '22 and agreed we'd update when '23 changes were available. Did a phone call and some emails when the order banks opened in September. I'm confirmed and in for a long wait but that's the way it is. I have a good car until that happens.

pgreen1959

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I order my 2023 XLT from Coconut Point Ford in Estero Florida. My salesman was Tom Spicer. No bs deal, no adm, no monkey ass packages just MSRP.
Sponsored