First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have the Ford hard rollup cover. I tried to contact them and they will not talk to you. They say you must take it in to Ford for repair. My cover leaks. I don’t think they care. I know if I take it to Ford they will not have
any parts to fix it. I believe it is a design flaw.
Sponsored

nunucello

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Marcello
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think there might be slight differences in fabrication from cover to cover which would explain the different fitment issues that have been discussed. I still prefer this model over the folding MX4 because it doesn’t block the rear window view. Just be prepared to massage it a little to get the right fit for you.
Agreed. I still love this cover. Thank You.

Dechion

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Kia Forte
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

jtthomas

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
H
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thank you Thosw. I am going to redo mine this weekend and have the seal curl upward against the window. Left side is ok - but the right side seems longer and curls up. Maybe they made my right side too long. I still love this cover.

IMG_9524.jpg
So when you installed the foam pad, did you put it right up "flush" with the end of the bulkhead? The instructions seemed to leave a bit of a gap between the edge of the bulkhead and the foam... I'm having trouble getting mine to properly seal (see my post here). I don't know if I should try to shove a few extra short pieces of foam in the gap where my finger is, or maybe I need to take it all apart and get a new roll of foam.

Sponsored

jtthomas

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
H
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I recently received and installed a BAK x4s tonneau cover. The fitment seems off. I contact support and they say it’s fine. I would like to see photos if possible of others that have this cover. Preferably the area really near the rear window. My cover seems to come up short of meeting the bulkhead seal. Almost like the rails are too short. In other photos I see it looks like the rails almost go to the rear window.​
Hey man, I was wondering if you had this issue with your X4S as well. The underside latches for the rolling cover seem to want to sit in these "grooves" in the bed rails, but unfortunately for me the cover only allows one side to fit in the groove - and then the whole cover is "crooked". Do both of your latches fit into the groove in the rails?

Thanks!

nunucello

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Marcello
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hey man, I was wondering if you had this issue with your X4S as well. The underside latches for the rolling cover seem to want to sit in these "grooves" in the bed rails, but unfortunately for me the cover only allows one side to fit in the groove - and then the whole cover is "crooked". Do both of your latches fit into the groove in the rails?

Thanks!
Do you have a SIBL (Spray In Bed Liner) ?

Both sides do fit well on mine. Here's what I would suggest as a quick fix :

1. On the underside of the rolling cover loosen the hand screw bolts - two on each side.
2. Now that the rolling cover is "loose" shim it so both tracks fall in the grooves.

Hopefully this will work. If no luck, I did see a part of the manual that suggests adding shims to one of the side rails so it extends more inward. But no shims are provided in the packaging.

Let me know who it works out for you.

jtthomas

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
H
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Do you have a SIBL (Spray In Bed Liner) ?

Both sides do fit well on mine. Here's what I would suggest as a quick fix :

1. On the underside of the rolling cover loosen the hand screw bolts - two on each side.
2. Now that the rolling cover is "loose" shim it so both tracks fall in the grooves.
Thanks! I am at the hardware store now getting some 1/8" aluminum shims. When you say shim the cover, I'll have to loosen the bed rails as well, because the shim will serve to push the bed rail into the bed, correct?

Wish me luck! I wish home Depot had 1/16" aluminum flat bars...

nunucello

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Marcello
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks! I am at the hardware store now getting some 1/8" aluminum shims. When you say shim the cover, I'll have to loosen the bed rails as well, because the shim will serve to push the bed rail into the bed, correct?

Wish me luck! I wish home Depot had 1/16" aluminum flat bars...
Yes - you will shim the rail/s you attached to the side of the truck. Correct.

Sponsored

clavicus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Do you mind sharing the contact? You can PM me if you need to be discrete. Thank you.
I asked him and he said to share freely! Let him know you are interested in the maverick forum discount. He just requests that you not list specific prices that you get through him.

[email protected]

jtthomas

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
H
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yes - you will shim the rail/s you attached to the side of the truck. Correct.
Thanks! This worked perfectly. Got two 4' x 1.5" aluminum flat bars at 1/8" thick. I put one on each side and it works perfectly, although it was harder to get the clamps to hold it securely.

I'm still not 100% on the fit - the front looks kind of crunched together, and the vinyl definitely comes up past the bed rails. But it is supposed to rain today so I will see how well it keeps the water out. Thanks for your help!

Area51FM

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
I asked him and he said to share freely! Let him know you are interested in the maverick forum discount. He just requests that you not list specific prices that you get through him.

[email protected]
I've already ordered mine and it arrives tomorrow. Is there any way I can still get a discount and have the difference refunded?

clavicus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've already ordered mine and it arrives tomorrow. Is there any way I can still get a discount and have the difference refunded?
I have no idea but Alex is very responsive and I’m sure it’s worth a shot to send him an email and ask.

nunucello

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Marcello
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks! This worked perfectly. Got two 4' x 1.5" aluminum flat bars at 1/8" thick. I put one on each side and it works perfectly, although it was harder to get the clamps to hold it securely.

I'm still not 100% on the fit - the front looks kind of crunched together, and the vinyl definitely comes up past the bed rails. But it is supposed to rain today so I will see how well it keeps the water out. Thanks for your help!
I ended up cutting off 1/8" of the right side rubber. Now mine fits evenly. I'll try and take a pic.
Sponsored