John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I’m going on a1000 mile round trip for spring break. I have 9k on my truck. Ford pass reads I have 34% left and 1300 miles. Should I get the oil changed before or after the trip?
Sponsored

sanpablo

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1967 Shelby GT500, 1999 Ford Windstar
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I’m going on a1000 mile round trip for spring break. I have 9k on my truck. Ford pass reads I have 34% left and 1300 miles. Should I get the oil changed before or after the trip?
I do 5k oil changes. Others will strongly disagree with that! LOL :)

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
After when the Oil Life Minder says so

creepshow

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If it's your first oil change, you should definitely do it before your trip. The consensus seems to be to do your first oil change earlier than normal, to flush out all the initial metal particles and debris etc.

I did mine at 1.5k miles and plan on doing oil changes every 5k. I know Ford recommends 10k miles, but I think most of the older generation seems to think that's way too long.

Sponsored

Clarkdonbran

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I’d say do it now. I am all about following the monitor, but better safe than sorry with such a long trip. I have a similar length trip in June and will get the oil changed before.

OP
OP
jsalewicz

jsalewicz

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Made the appointment for a couple days before I leave. Thank you everyone!

ndmiller

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick XLT Azure Blue Metallic
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
At your convenience, Ford has dealers everywhere, fine the largest Truck dealer on the way and make an appointment during your trip. Mine near me has ice cream, and they grill out when it gets warm. Nothing like an oil change, burgers/dogs and ice cream.

Ozarkbeard

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 XL CP360
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Do it now to get the break-in oil and tiny OEM assembly line filter out of the truck. After that, follow the Oil Life Monitor, which takes into account the fact that you're driving a Hybrid, and how many actual gasoline engine miles you've driven, plus what type of driving you do. If you don't drive much, it will also remind you to change the oil once a year.

OP
OP
jsalewicz

jsalewicz

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Do it now to get the break-in oil and tiny OEM assembly line filter out of the truck. After that, follow the Oil Life Monitor, which takes into account the fact that you're driving a Hybrid, and how many actual gasoline engine miles you've driven, plus what type of driving you do. If you don't drive much, it will also remind you to change the oil once a year.
I dive a lot. Got the truck in October and I have 9k already! I will get it done!

Sponsored
OP
OP
jsalewicz

jsalewicz

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I appreciate all the input! I did change the oil before and I'm glade I did, for peace of mind. Very happy with this tuck on a 1256 mile road trip with 3 teenager's. All highway miles, in poring rain. strong wind, fog, it was BAD both ways to DC and back to Indiana. I averaged 34.4 mpg with what I would say an average speed of 70mph,definly a few 80-90 mph in there too :), over the 1256 mile trip.
LOVE THIS TRUCK!

Snox801

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Levi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150,Rs,gt500,rx8
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ya you did the right thing. I did my first change at 1000k miles then had to haul a very heavy load to and from Texas for spring break. Changed it when I got back just for safety. Now I’ll be more inclined to follow the monitor. New oil has come along way.
Sponsored