First Name
name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL, AWD, 4K tow, 2.0L EcoBoost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The videos that I saw on the BS Badlands yes the locking rear differential makes a substantial difference. It's simple, if you are interested in the differences that the Tremor offers it's worth it, if you aren't it's not. There is only a right or wrong answer here based on a persons opinion or needs. The Tremor package is a nice package, but it isn't for everyone just like AWD isn't for everyone or the hybrid doesn't fit everyone. If it isn't worth it to you don't buy it, doesn't mean that someone that buys a Tremor made a bad decision. I like the extra capability and improved suspension but I really like my current FX4 so I will ultimately do what I think is best for me. It's a matter of choice and I respect whatever anyone thinks is best for them even though it may not be what I purchase.
Interest and worth are not the same thing. Personal preference and actual performance are also not the same thing. Does it bring anything to the table not already there and in a meaningful way? Simple question.
Sponsored

OP
OP
kmish203

kmish203

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Renegade
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Interest and worth are not the same thing. Personal preference and actual performance are also not the same thing. Does it bring anything to the table not already there and in a meaningful way? Simple question.
Yes it does. The increased approach angle and lockable rear differential make it more capable than the current 2022 FX4 model. Being able to lock it in AWD is also a feature that some may be willing to pay for. Now is that meaningful for me? No it isn't. I drive strictly on paved roads. The package is worth what people are willing to pay for it, and I bet you'll see a lot of these being purchased.

JKinPA

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Mountaineer
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Simple question with multiple answers from multiple people depending on their particular wants and/or needs. Simple questions don't always get simple answers and why everyone has a choice

cavemold

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick 2022 Eco 2.0
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It looks great ,
Pro
Goat mode , approach , black seats and tremor stitching ,
Cons
Tow hitch ? Why ? 2k towing cap I don’t see the point.
no front camera would be great in off roading situations . Replace the tow hitch and give the customer the difference
Orange accent on the tire give me all black wheels please.
no wireless CarPlay.

LM42

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT FX4 EB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Nice and all but where is the drive testing?
Its EXACTLY the same truck with a different trim package and 1" taller. There is not much expectation that the drive is going to be substantially different, is there?

Sponsored

fastducky

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Miata and Titan
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The question which is still unanswered is what does this package really get you performance wise that you can't already do with an FX4. Will a rear locking differential really make much of a difference on a unibody design climbing and getting into rough areas you may not have been able to get to otherwise without twisting and distorting the frame for starters? As far as angles goes the underside fascia on the bumper of the non tremor trims can certainly be redesigned for a better approach angle as is. That is something though that the aftermarket will have to address. Will a redesigned fascia and lift kit get you close to the same specs as a tremor for approach angles and such? If that is the case if it costs me 2 - 2.5k less to change those what am I really getting besides the locking rear differential and aesthetics.

I am not sold there is any real value here beyond the FX4 package outside the cost of the parts if you bought them separately.
Unibody questions? Cherokees have always been unibody and their offroad prowess speaks for themselves. A locking rear differential would be amazing. I now have 500 offroad miles in my awd. Have only gotten stuck twice in deep mud. Recovery boards work great! The Tremor package looks like the real deal!

fastducky

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Miata and Titan
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It looks great ,
Pro
Goat mode , approach , black seats and tremor stitching ,
Cons
Tow hitch ? Why ? 2k towing cap I don’t see the point.
no front camera would be great in off roading situations . Replace the tow hitch and give the customer the difference
Orange accent on the tire give me all black wheels please.
no wireless CarPlay.
Tow hitch is fantastic offroad. I have a recovery hook in my tow receiver. The two trucks I pulled out appreciated the tow hook! Lol

Jmav2152

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Mav, 15' KTM 1190 ADV R, 19' Husq TE250i
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If you bought a Maverick to Offroad in(weirdo) then yea the tremor is objectively better than the FX4 version. the locking diff by itself does work extremely well. Source: Have a BS badlands and did the Off Rodeo in Austin where i got to put it throughs its paces.

Pretty much you now have the best towing version and the best off-road versions available. My only cons to the Tremor are the lack of rear bumper/departure angle changes and no front camera. The BS badlands has them both so not sure why they didn't carry that over to the Mav.

Tbolt

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' EcoSport SES, 22' Lariat Lux FX4 Eco Mav
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
They didn’t add the larger radiator to the actual off road version? That doesn’t seem right.
Nope, that was the sacrifice to get a better approach angle. If you want an offroader and only an offroader in Maverick form then that is the Tremor package. I was more excited about this before all this was known.

Sponsored

Tommy2

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Sorrento, T700, KTM 530
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If you bought a Maverick to Offroad in(weirdo) then yea the tremor is objectively better than the FX4 version. the locking diff by itself does work extremely well. Source: Have a BS badlands and did the Off Rodeo in Austin where i got to put it throughs its paces.

Pretty much you now have the best towing version and the best off-road versions available. My only cons to the Tremor are the lack of rear bumper/departure angle changes and no front camera. The BS badlands has them both so not sure why they didn't carry that over to the Mav.
I love everything about Tremor and what it will do, only wish they could roll over the 4K package to it. I'll keep my FX4 4K order and give it a small lift, it should do well. 4K Tremor please!

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Wont work as a direct swap because the FX4 has a much larger radiator than the Tremor.

There are really only a couple of things about the Tremor that are better than the FX4, Locking Diff and the Metal skid plates plus a little more ground clearance. But you lose payload and the ability to add 4k tow.
Payload is because of softer suspension. Add air bags to the rear coils and i think payload will be back up nicely.

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I love everything about Tremor and what it will do, only wish they could roll over the 4K package to it. I'll keep my FX4 4K order and give it a small lift, it should do well. 4K Tremor please!
Im gonna add bigger trans coolers and maybe hood vents or something and just say its good to 4k.

hcforde

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Hawley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Insight, E350, Toyota Sequoia
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I hope you are not right about a possible XL AWD hybrid but if so, Ford better hope Honda, Toyota, Ram, Kia, or anyone else does not competitively offer one first or I will be giving them the order. I am not a die hard Ford fan and only gave Ford the order because they were first to offer a cheap and economical mini-truck on the current market.
Every manufacturer is having constraint issues so they will all be in the same boat of trying to maximize profits with the limited materials they have. This is not a FoMoCo issue.
Sponsored