Sponsored

Sergeant Gearhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
I'm glad to see he was able to get ahold of one of those trucks before everyone else could. His review was pretty thorough enough (I had no idea how the FlexBed worked until now), and I liked how he talked about headroom because I remember a lot of us were worried it wouldn't be tall enough.

-SG

Shecster

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1930 Model A Ford - 1971 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Nice interior view and a good realistic approach to what Ford is attempting to do here with the pickup. Looks like the Maverick will fit the needs of many folks that want to haul Items that are not going to fit in your sedan or SUV..... smart move by an established firm. For many this will be the first truck in the family and I believe nearly every family could use a truck at some point.

As Kaiser said - “ Find a need and fill it”, he was selling cement and that was written on the cement mixer as it revolved on their trucks. Well done Ford and Kaiser!

First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Canyon
anyone else concerned by how "blue" the interior looks int that video? Doesn't just look blue grey, but decidedly blue.

Sponsored

superds

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
anyone else concerned by how "blue" the interior looks int that video? Doesn't just look blue grey, but decidedly blue.
Yes, this is also one of my new concerns. I couldn’t tell at first, thought it was maybe black with certain light reflecting on it but now I’m fairly convinced it’s just blue. I don’t know why Ford does that. They already have a rainbow of colors in that interior, why add blue into it too?

AceGoliath

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT, 21 Bronco OBX SAS, 10 Fusion SE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yes, this is also one of my new concerns. I couldn’t tell at first, thought it was maybe black with certain light reflecting on it but now I’m fairly convinced it’s just blue. I don’t know why Ford does that. They already have a rainbow of colors in that interior, why add blue into it too?
It’s definitely Blue. It’s a carry over from the Bronco and Bronco Sport. The interior color is called Navy Pier. You can try to find a Bronco Sport on the lot with the Navy Pier interior and check it out in person

Check this out(starting at 10:55):

I’m new to hybrids and EVs, but this part really caught my attention. For the 2.5l hybrid The tachometer replacement reads up to 18x10kW which is 180kW when converted to hp = 241hp? How does this actually work? I did notice there seems to be 2 different versions of the instrument panel for preproduction hybrids though see pics below.

Ford Maverick 2022 Maverick first-look impressions & details by Doug Demuro C2E718A3-64A2-46CE-943C-AAE01A44E2E3

Ford Maverick 2022 Maverick first-look impressions & details by Doug Demuro 26375505-2EDB-4674-90AF-D57307CC2600

oljackfrost

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They're all sold, waiting for Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It’s definitely Blue. It’s a carry over from the Bronco and Bronco Sport. The interior color is called Navy Pier. You can try to find a Bronco Sport on the lot with the Navy Pier interior and check it out in person

Check this out(starting at 10:55):

I’m new to hybrids and EVs, but this part really caught my attention. For the 2.5l hybrid The tachometer replacement reads up to 18x10kW which is 180kW when converted to hp = 241hp? How does this actually work? I did notice there seems to be 2 different versions of the instrument panel for preproduction hybrids though see pics below.

C2E718A3-64A2-46CE-943C-AAE01A44E2E3.png

26375505-2EDB-4674-90AF-D57307CC2600.jpeg
When considering the power potential, remember, the manufacturers also give us 140 mph speedometers on cars that would never even get close!
Sponsored