First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Never really looked into the hr meter. You are right on. I idle for 2 hrs per week. Still warm in Florida so the ac is needed.
You would definitely be near 40 in the hybrid. The AC is electric and will run with the engine off. But you knew your applications and still chose the EcoBoost so I’m guessing you’re happy?
Sponsored

ugot2know

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yukon
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The more I drive my Maverick, the more I like the eco power.
Pushing the gas pedal down to feel the power is just a hoot.
The mpg is dropping, but right now I'm in the fun driving mode

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You need to cut out all the idling then manually calculate your mileage after a fill up. It's skewing your numbers. If you have to idle a lot, try leaving start/stop on and see what happens.

OldSoulNewMaverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Kia Soul
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If I was a bazillionaire, I'd love nothing more than to purchase a Shelby F-150 and drive the truck to the limit of it's capabilities. Nothing better than driving a big-ass truck. But as a Dad of three with one in college and two more approaching it, the Hybrid Mav is the closest I'm gonna get to that for a long while. I'm just excited that I'll soon be in ANY sort of crew cab pickup and will be increasing my current (much smaller vehicle's) MPG ratings! Go Maverick! #affordablepickup

Elotak

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick/hybrid/xlt/blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hybrid owners won’t like this figure. Slowly been creeping down and hung @ 21.1 forever. Guess I have been having a little too much fun with my first turbo vehicle.

1B65CE3D-6CAC-44CF-95D0-C965DD685D08.jpeg
Hybrid owners won’t like this figure. Slowly been creeping down and hung @ 21.1 forever. Guess I have been having a little too much fun with my first turbo vehicle.

1B65CE3D-6CAC-44CF-95D0-C965DD685D08.jpeg
Probably not. If they ordered hybrid for the fuel economy it may just reaffirm they made the right choice for them. I went back and forth on which to go with. Turbos are fun and 4WD is great in mud/snow, but ultimately with my commute (80mi+ daily), the hybrid was the logical choice for me. I've said for years, "Man, if someone would just make a small pickup that is fwd (we live where it snows) and gets gas mileage like a Civic, I'd be all over that; functionality of a small pickup, but mpg and traction of a small commuter fwd car. Guess it all depends on your personal needs and/or desires. I do think the 4x4 turbocharged option is still going to save you time and money at the pump with the ability to crack into 30 mpg territory... when you're not out throwing rooster tails or figure 8s in the mud. Cheers!

Sponsored

BootXL76

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL
The more I drive my Maverick, the more I like the eco power.
Pushing the gas pedal down to feel the power is just a hoot.
The mpg is dropping, but right now I'm in the fun driving mode
was my first thought when I test drove it “man, this thing is zippy for a 4 banger truck”…. it being zippy stuck so much that when I set up FordPass before I even drove MY XL, I nicknamed it “zippy” in FordPass

Akuma72387

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If he drives it normal without idling for 30 mins to an hr he can get 30mpg or close this is my buddy's Maverick same configuration as mine I get 29 on average

Ford Maverick Finally averaged 21mpg 20220105_102202

Sloozie

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Ordered mine 9/20 and still. No info...
VB,ECOBOOST,FWD,XLT LUX,360, HARD TRIFOLD COVER,RUBBER FLOOR MATS,A ND FULL SIZE SPARE.... WHAT'S HOLD UP.....????

Davis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
Undecided
Seems pretty low considering my F-150 5.0 V8 at work gets around 18-19 combined.

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Porsche Macan S/2023 Integra 6MT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Seems pretty low considering my F-150 5.0 V8 at work gets around 18-19 combined.
Yeah, that was the point I was making early in the thread as well. Small turbo engines are quite thirsty if you use the power. Larger N/A engines are my preference, but those are disappearing fast.

Sponsored

Mavidiesel

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT 2.0 Ecoboost AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Finally averaged 24.8 mpg at the pump. Dashboard says I’m averaging 28 mpg per tank average. But I’ve never had those really align on any vehicle I’ve owned so that’s okay. I’m wondering if I’m not getting the high 20s/low 30’s avg because I live in cold New England and I start my truck before leaving the house and before leaving work 5 days a week.

OP
OP

Area51BS

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You would definitely be near 40 in the hybrid. The AC is electric and will run with the engine off. But you knew your applications and still chose the EcoBoost so I’m guessing you’re happy?
Absolutely. I just thought hybrid buyers would get a kick out of me falling below 21.1

OP
OP

Area51BS

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
No... Only if they want to get that type of data. Otherwise, since this is the way they use their Maverick, those are the stats that matter to them. That's how efficiently they operate the vehicle, between driving and idling. Everyone has their own use cases for their vehicle.

Also, engine start/stop does not engage in park, so you'd have to leave it in gear with Auto Hold on as well. I don't recommend that.
Does have a 30 minute auto shut off unless you bypass at warning.

jsus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Escape Hybrid AWD 😉
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Does have a 30 minute auto shut off unless you bypass at warning.
That's unrelated to what I was saying and responding to.

With Intelligent Access/Push-Button Start, which Maverick has on Lariat only, the vehicle will automatically shut down if left in Park after the stated time. That's for the concern of people leaving the car on unattended, etc.

Engine start/stop is the feature that will turn off the engine when at a red light for a few minutes, for example, to save fuel. It doesn't operate if the vehicle is in Park.

Naranjita

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
NAH-RON-EE-TAH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I agree. My first tank ,well half tank I averaged about 19.4mpg and thats 99% city driving too but I’m only about 200 miles in so far as well
I am an ideal candidate for Hybrid based on my driving patterns. But I need AWD. I have to drive to work in the snow at 4 AM to run a command center. I would have definitely ordered an AWD Hybrid, if it had been available. And if they come out with AWD Hybrid next model year, I may trade in and switch if I can make it work financially.

But with their driving pattern, they likely would not be that high. I can tell you based on all my city use, stop and go highway traffic driving and idling, I would not get 18-19 combined on an F150 5.0 V8. I had '19 F150 5.0 for a month on a rental while my truck was in for a claim. I averaged 14-15 in my same driving patterns. Which I appreciated, as it was more than my Lincoln pickup with the 5.4L.
Sponsored

Last edited: