First Name
Jeannette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-250 Diesel, 1968 Cadillac Eldorado
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thinking about it and have not paid close attention yet but check when in eco cruise at say 72 and then regular mode at 72. I am thinking that when cruise cuts mph back to maintain set speed it drops faster in eco mode than in standard mode therefore cruise has to recover more so runs stronger or longer. Also it is best to change into passing lane before adaptive cuts speed back as if cruise has to gain say 12 mph it will jump to around 40% power usage to gain 72 back.
Yes I plan on trying the regular mode but not sure if I can cut back to 72 mph lol! I think youā€™re probably right about it dropping faster in eco.

Iā€™ve gotten pretty good about car lengths so I usually move into the passing lane to avoid the cruise slow down or I cancel cruise if I canā€™t get in the left lane.
Sponsored

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yes I plan on trying the regular mode but not sure if I can cut back to 72 mph lol! I think youā€™re probably right about it dropping faster in eco.

Iā€™ve gotten pretty good about car lengths so I usually move into the passing lane to avoid the cruise slow down or I cancel cruise if I canā€™t get in the left lane.
Anything less than 62-63 can be considered in town and you get more Regen. It says you can push the "L" button at any speed so when I am leaving highway at about 50 I push it after turning cruise off. Regen goes to max and speed will drop 4x(?) as fast, and drop to slow enough possibly to make a 90 without ever braking depending of course on traffic, etc. Then I leave "L" on if I am in a 40-45 area and one pedal drivešŸ¤—.

GreenLady

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeannette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-250 Diesel, 1968 Cadillac Eldorado
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Anything less than 62-63 can be considered in town and you get more Regen. It says you can push the "L" button at any speed so when I am leaving highway at about 50 I push it after turning cruise off. Regen goes to max and speed will drop 4x(?) as fast, and drop to slow enough possibly to make a 90 without ever braking depending of course on traffic, etc. Then I leave "L" on if I am in a 40-45 area and one pedal drivešŸ¤—.
Good info, thanks! Iā€™ll try that.
Sponsored