Fat Lady has sung

VblessedMARY

First Name
Virginia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford 250
It does try your patience! I'm not desperate for delivery, knew from the get-go it would be a long wait...accepted that. The delay delivery was not the aggravating part for me....ONLY the lack of communication from Ford...they could have simply told me "We don't know", "Jan 2022," "Nov 2021"....all would have been acceptable...but scheduling a build, missing the date, and then crickets, again and again was taxing.

Thought about looking for something else, then ....TODAY (Tuesday 23rd Nov 10:00 AM) received my Ford Notification Email that my order has moved to "Building In Process".

My suggestion for others is hang in there...they's really nothing else out there close to the specs and price of the Maverick.

Edit: Just saw an XL Eco-Boost FWD at Jim Ellis Ford (base XL, rear window, ($999) Spray-in bedliner, $800 Tinted front windows. $400 mud flaps= $28,900 for a base model XL. Some dealers are really jacking up prices.
It does try your patience! I'm not desperate for delivery, knew from the get-go it would be a long wait...accepted that. The delay delivery was not the aggravating part for me....ONLY the lack of communication from Ford...they could have simply told me "We don't know", "Jan 2022," "Nov 2021"....all would have been acceptable...but scheduling a build, missing the date, and then crickets, again and again was taxing.

Thought about looking for something else, then ....TODAY (Tuesday 23rd Nov 10:00 AM) received my Ford Notification Email that my order has moved to "Building In Process".

My suggestion for others is hang in there...they's really nothing else out there close to the specs and price of the Maverick.

Edit: Just saw an XL Eco-Boost FWD at Jim Ellis Ford (base XL, rear window, ($999) Spray-in bedliner, $800 Tinted front windows. $400 mud flaps= $28,900 for a base model XL. Some dealers are really jacking up prices.
AGREE with everything said.
“ All good things come to those who wait”
Just got my delivery date for the third week in Dec.
Sponsored

2cafn8d

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Monica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1992 Jeep Wrangler, 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Your dealer actually gives you updates?!?! This reaffirms my opinion that my dealer is garbage lol
I speak to my salesman at least once a week. We share information Or I just check in with him. When my boyfriend decides to order his F250 for work, we are definitely going to go back to him. Pretty cool guy.

SnyperX

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If you really did canel, then yah the rest of us. Hopefully that bumps the rest of us a notch :)

Sponsored

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Are we allowed to say fat lady anymore?
waistline challenged? Not sure if still in use, but even before current "body positive" movement there once was BBW :ROFLMAO:

Garbone

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MachE, MachE, Explorer, C10
Engine
Undecided
Must be a newer BoSox fan if you can’t handle this wait.
I know right...

Now if my poor old grandma could have just made it another decade and a half..... F u Billy Buckner..

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Sure. But do you get angry at the people who get through security at the airport faster because they have TSA pre-check?
I get mad at people whizzing by in HOV lanes and toll roads. mad enough to pay for that same privilege? Nah.

Ibenorth

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 F150 5 liter
Also anytime I get upset about the wait, or the fact I have another 6 months to go - I think about the fact I've locked in a Hybrid truck for 23,575 and I know when Ford opens the orders for MY23 that price will be closer to (if not over) $25k.
I'm no longer in a rush, its snowing an blowing here so even if I received the cute little truck I would probably still drive the 150 4WD, also, I'm putting away cash every month so.... maybe this will be the first vehicle I fully payed for, before I received it.

IPunchCholla

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 E150, 2014 Leaf
I get mad at people whizzing by in HOV lanes and toll roads. mad enough to pay for that same privilege? Nah.
Express lines at grocery stores? VIP lines at nightclubs? First class passengers boarding aircraft? All the people who got their Amazon delivery before you (even though they may have ordered after you) on that day’s route?

I’ll get angry if someone who later ordered the exact same truck as me and who (like me) has also never purchased from this dealership before, gets one before I do. If I know about it.

Sponsored

James D

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volkswagon
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
We are not allowed to respond to fat lady threads either but I live dangerously. "Curvy lady" is acceptable.
I have two mavericks on order, an xlt grey hybrid 10/26 order date and an xlt velocity blue awd 4k tow package which I intercepted a dealer order for last Tuesday after realizing I need a truck now. Both have 500.00 deposits, the awd is non refundable. The awd was also at msrp and just hit prouction. My current plan is to take possession of the awd xlt late December and possibly trade it in on the hybrid when it arrives. Or give the hybrid to daughter who is starting college next fall. Hybrid was @ 24k my build and awd was @ 28k out the door before taxes.
You could keep both and use the hybrid for city driving's high mpg. Use the eco for road trips.

29 eco vs. 33 hybrid hwy mpg is not much different even with way more power, more fun to drive in sport mode, safer passing, more towing with 4k, awd much safer when wet or snowing and not forced to chain up.

2023's msrp will probably be higher with all the supply chain issues and magnesium shortage. This way you won't put all the miles and wear and tear on one truck.

A full size would cost about the same total so you have 2 trucks for the price of 1.

James St. Patrick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD MAVERICK Velocity Blue Ecoboost AWD

brnpttmn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You could keep both and use the hybrid for city driving's high mpg. Use the eco for road trips.

29 eco vs. 33 hybrid hwy mpg is not much different even with way more power, more fun to drive in sport mode, safer passing, more towing with 4k, awd much safer when wet or snowing and not forced to chain up.

2023's msrp will probably be higher with all the supply chain issues and magnesium shortage. This way you won't put all the miles and wear and tear on one truck.

A full size would cost about the same total so you have 2 trucks for the price of 1.
Man, why do you keep suggesting people get two trucks? There is no rational reason for one person/driver to own two Mavericks.

PDB45214

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL 2.0 with AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
He didn't say it wouldnt sell. He said it'd be one less sale for Ford. (He wont buy one)
There manufacturing is capped right now, so it a lost sale...personally I don't think it is. If you can only make 500 cupcakes a day and you sell all 500 are you really losing sales? The assembly is going as fast as it can at this specific point in time. If they had extra build capacity then yes it would be a lost sale but they don't right now.
Sponsored