JsnMrd

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just a thought. What if Ford is fullfilling huge fleet orders from big companies and allocating parts to their trucks without our knowledge.

For example, Mr Rooter maybe ordered 200 hybrid XL for their company. Obviously those type of accounts are more significant than individual orders. Imagine Terminix ordering 50 trucks. Maybe Stanley Steamers ordered 500. You get the idea.
Sponsored

Mite-o-Dan

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick, 2017 Corvette Grand Sport
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Oh yeah I'm sure Ford giving you a fake build date would make things better.
It let's me know they at least acknowledge my existence and my order. But I did call Ford directly 9 days ago. They told me I should hear something within the next 2 week. Well tomorrow is day 10 and then a 4 day weekend. So...I have my doubts. Even if they told me, "Sorry for the delay, but we still aren't expecting to build it for 2 months" it would still make me happy knowing I'm at least in the queue.

Mite-o-Dan

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick, 2017 Corvette Grand Sport
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Do you think it might be the dealer that dropped the ball? I ordered mine on 6-19 and received an email the next day acknowledging my order. The truck is suppose to be built the week of 11-22.
Was it a hybrid with a spray in liner? Those are the slowest to get made.

Blessedintx

First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
I ordered a hybrid XLT on 11-15 and the manager told me he couldn't give me a delivery date an said it could be this time next year. If that is the case I would think it would turn into a 2023 model.
Dang sure should!

Sponsored

Blessedintx

First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your dealer actually gives you updates?!?! This reaffirms my opinion that my dealer is garbage lol
I get a text or call every Tues

Blessedintx

First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Just a thought. What if Ford is fullfilling huge fleet orders from big companies and allocating parts to their trucks without our knowledge.

For example, Mr Rooter maybe ordered 200 hybrid XL for their company. Obviously those type of accounts are more significant than individual orders. Imagine Terminix ordering 50 trucks. Maybe Stanley Steamers ordered 500. You get the idea.
I don't even want to think about that possibility 😕

bbhaag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT, Mustang Mach-E GT Performance
Engine
Undecided
Production began in September. There is an allocation system. You can be the 10th Hybrid order at the same dealer in June and still be behind an Ecoboost order that didn't happen unil September.

Once you realize that it's all about a combo of available parts and allocations, you'll feel better. People that preordered a truck in June are upset that they haven't been scheduled but at the same time you have to understand they have been waiting 6 months for something that has only been in production for less than 3.

Also, new lines take time to ramp up to full scale. This is all part of manufacturing - not to mention during a pandemic and global supply chain crisis.

Calm down, wait for your truck, and check out the meme's page. It'll help.
I think a lot of that reasoning comes from the "first come first serve" mentality that a lot of Western cultures have.

Imagine being third in line at the grocery store. You've got your stuff then made your way to the checkout and now you just have to wait in line. Then imagine if the the guy three spots back gets moved to the head of the line. How would that make you feel?

Or imagine if you and your family went to Disney World and were super excited to ride Space Mountain. So you get in line and after waiting for over three hours the guy that got in line behind you an hour ago got to get on the ride before you.
How would that make you feel?

I'm guessing either one of these situations would piss you off....now do you understand why the guys who ordered in June feel the way they do?

Last edited:

Olldladieslovemavericksto

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ellen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outlander Sport
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Some people don't understand supply chain issues and take it out on the manufacturing company. You ordered a vehicle during a pandemic. I work in motorhome manufacturing and we have orders that are over a year from being built. You waited this long just to jump to the back of the line when you place your next order.
I think the problem is, if they would build orders in line of purchase. Sadly people ordered in August have their truck and some of us that live in small towns and ordered 6 months ago still no build date. We should not have to wait because big dealers are 2 or more hours away.

Sponsored

KenC

Banned
Banned
First Name
First
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck.
I think people are so used to the instant gratification of Amazon ordering that the thought of waiting with no idea of a status is hard for some. I’m a very impatient person myself but I’m looking at the big picture. I’m not desperate for a new vehicle so I can afford to wait. I ordered a hybrid 10/26 and hoping for a Match or April delivery, but we’ll see.
The Amazon culture killed the Mom and Pops, the small businesses because of that instant gratification well all like. My business included.

KenC

Banned
Banned
First Name
First
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck.
I ordered a hybrid XLT on 11-15 and the manager told me he couldn't give me a delivery date an said it could be this time next year. If that is the case I would think it would turn into a 2023 model.
It wont unnnfortunately.

IPunchCholla

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 E150, 2014 Leaf
I think a lot of that reasoning comes from the "first come first serve" mentality that a lot of Western cultures have.

Imagine being third in line at the grocery store. You've got your stuff then made your way to the checkout and now you just have to wait in line. Then imagine if the the guy three spots back gets moved to the head of the line. How would that make you feel?

Or imagine if you and your family went to Disney World and were super excited to ride Space Mountain. So you get in line and after waiting for over three hours the guy that got in line behind you an hour ago got to get on the ride before you.
How would that make you feel?

I'm guessing either one of these situations would piss you off....now do you understand why the guys who ordered in June feel the way they do?
Sure. But do you get angry at the people who get through security at the airport faster because they have TSA pre-check?