First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volkswagon
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Make sure you actually cancel the order - that way someone can snag your build date. We don't need another dealer with another stock unit they will throw up for $5k over MSRP
I bet the dealer will tell him it is canceled but still take delivery and tell Ford, whoops, the buyer said no after a test drive. Then they get probably 10k more from their lot.

No one should cancel. You control the truck. That has a value. Don't hand the keys back to the dealer for free unless he agrees to split the profit with you. Or resell it yourself it is easy.
Sponsored

Wizard

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 cactus grey Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I think people are so used to the instant gratification of Amazon ordering that the thought of waiting with no idea of a status is hard for some. Iā€™m a very impatient person myself but Iā€™m looking at the big picture. Iā€™m not desperate for a new vehicle so I can afford to wait. I ordered a hybrid 10/26 and hoping for a Match or April delivery, but weā€™ll see.
I ordered a hybrid XLT on 11-15 and the manager told me he couldn't give me a delivery date an said it could be this time next year. If that is the case I would think it would turn into a 2023 model.

tebowed

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat FX4 2.0T
I bet the dealer will tell him it is canceled but still take delivery and tell Ford, whoops, the buyer said no after a test drive. Then they get probably 10k more from their lot.

No one should cancel. You control the truck. That has a value. Don't hand the keys back to the dealer for free unless he agrees to split the profit with you. Or resell it yourself it is easy.
I agree with this guy, giving away free money, or a nice truck.

onetequilatwo

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hybrid Lariat Maverick and 2019 RAV4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think people are so used to the instant gratification of Amazon ordering that the thought of waiting with no idea of a status is hard for some. Iā€™m a very impatient person myself but Iā€™m looking at the big picture. Iā€™m not desperate for a new vehicle so I can afford to wait. I ordered a hybrid 10/26 and hoping for a Match or April delivery, but weā€™ll see.
In the same boat as went to the dealer on Oct 25, but the order did not get made until 10/27 and recently asked for and received a screen print of the ROVP with my number. Order late even thou wanted immediately in early summer but last year bought regular and snow & ice tires for the Camry. Don't like the Camry poor headlights, not being able to get a key fob and being a stripped model. So order Lariat, Lux package late so could drive the old car through the winter and use those tires.

Now I wanted it for this spring but now that order it, the anticipation is a killer. Visit the forums and exhausted the review videos as most are from the Nashville event.

Wonder when there will be a new event and new videos. Enjoying the various other videos and topics as the tonneau cover, scheduling and build, ship threads.

Can't wait and hope there are not many from my dealer as the allocation systems seems very important to consider for expectations.

Will be here months, waiting, reading, watching and wanting and wanting. It's like when you make a decision, you want to go through with it and enjoy the the results.

staryoshi

First Name
SJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Chevrolet Colorado
We'll miss ya. Godspeed with your Hyundai
Deciding against Mav doesn't translate to a Hyundai sale. I for example decided to go for a more capable pickup after spending time with the Mav.

Last edited:

Sponsored

MyFutureMaverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I ordered a hybrid XLT on 11-15 and the manager told me he couldn't give me a delivery date an said it could be this time next year. If that is the case I would think it would turn into a 2023 model.
I think some dealers genuinely have no clue on delivery dates and are just padding the times to keep you off their backs. From what I understand, delivery of built hybrids will begin in January and could go all the way through June. Weā€™ll see what things look like in January. Regardless, Iā€™m seeing this through until my butt is planted in the drivers seat of my Maverick. šŸ˜‚

TMAC

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick & 94 Silverado
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
After waiting since June and not hearing 1 word from Ford, I decided to call my Ford career over.

I dont really care about the dealer selling my Maverick once it comes in for more $$$, I just know its 1 less vehicle Ford will be selling

Just my opinion but I think Ford is hanging a lot of these Dealers out to dry

Good luck to everyone & Happy Holidays !!!
Two kinda people, Those that will say " Thats more for the rest of us" and them that realize, Ford (& shareholders) know they are losing $$$ VALUE by not getting the product into our hands a.s.a.p. . I can't think of a better incentive. Their hands are tied.

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Did you call the Ford number or talk to your dealer first or did you cancel already? Yeah it's frustrating not hearing anything. Chances are, right after you cancel, the maverick will be built.
Maybe we need to put our order up for auction on a thread instead of cancelling I'm sure several would like his order and date for some amount.

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

I am in Texas and I believe an individual can see up to six vehicles a year without having to get a dealers license.

Mite-o-Dan

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick, 2017 Corvette Grand Sport
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Some people don't understand supply chain issues and take it out on the manufacturing company. You ordered a vehicle during a pandemic. I work in motorhome manufacturing and we have orders that are over a year from being built. You waited this long just to jump to the back of the line when you place your next order.
Most understand the supply issues and see news on here...but the fact that there are people like this guy, and myself, that ordered in June, June 10th to be exact....and have not gotten one simple official email the ENTIRE time is fucking horse shit. 5 1/2 months. I repeat...5 1/2 months have gone by without a SINGLE update. If it's delayed, fine, I get it, I understand...just fucking TELL us, and also give me a fake build date or ANYTHING to give me some fucking hope once in awhile. There are others that ordered months AFTER me and already driving around in a Maverick...I haven't got ONE EMAIL in 5 1/2 from my delearship or Ford.

Sponsored

Thrillhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Most understand the supplu issues and see news on here...but the fact that there are people like this guy, and myself, that ordered in June, June 10th to be exact....and have not gotten one simple official email the ENTIRE time. 6 1/2 months. I repeat...6 1/2 months have gone by without a SINGLE update. If it's delayed, fine, I get it, I understand...just fucking TELL us, and also give me a fake build date or ANYTHING to give me some fucking hope once in awhile. There's others that ordered months AFTER me and already driving around in a Maverick...I haven't got ONE EMAIL in 6 1/2 from my delearship or Ford.
Oh yeah I'm sure Ford giving you a fake build date would make things better.

zBernie

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Sonata
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
After waiting since June and not hearing 1 word from Ford, I decided to call my Ford career over.

I dont really care about the dealer selling my Maverick once it comes in for more $$$, I just know its 1 less vehicle Ford will be selling

It's not just Ford -- In my area there are no Toyota Tacomas, very few Ford Rangers, and I just test drove a 2022 Nissan Frontier today that was marked up $7,500 above MSRP! You should have been more patient.

James D

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volkswagon
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Two kinda people, Those that will say " Thats more for the rest of us" and them that realize, Ford (& shareholders) know they are losing $$$ VALUE by not getting the product into our hands a.s.a.p. . I can't think of a better incentive. Their hands are tied.
It's really not more production for us, we will still be in line behind customer cancelations because the dealer will probably not tell Ford and still take delivery and then get a big ADM. I bet your dealer wants you to cancel the truck you control, it's your order even if you gave no deposit. That order has 5 to 10 k profit you just gave away for free.

It's really no different than someone taking the bitcoin you control off your hands for free.

Last edited:

Mainer500

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 STX, 2016 Ford Fiesta SE
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Wait Tom, didn't we wait 84 years for a World Series Win? If you got the Hybrid I'm pretty sure they're all gonna show up very early January. My Wifeā€™s XLT AWD is, supposedly, in production (for 12/02) so I know she's not going to see it till by mid January too (ordered July 2nd). But good luck with your final decision. And Happy Holidays to you and your family:)

New2AZ

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic EX Hatchback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ordered a hybrid in early September and anticipated a long wait. I actually told my dealer to stop emailing me every week telling me there was no update. I don't need to get excited to see an email from them only to learn there is no progress.

This is my first new vehicle and I've ordered it with the options I want, so I'm willing to wait for it to get here when it gets here.
Your dealer actually gives you updates?!?! This reaffirms my opinion that my dealer is garbage lol
Sponsored