John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 F150 XLT, 21 BS Badlands, 22 Mav Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
A lot of hate on this forum.

I too might be wandering off of the Maverick never-ending reservation. I found an incoming (in transit) Bronco Sport Badlands. I now have a fully refundable deposit on it. If it comes in before I get a Maverick anything (e.g. VIN or estimated build date), I will likely move on down the road in the Bronco Sport BL. I ordered the Maverick June 11th, still waiting....

I'm not sure if I will cancel the Maverick order. I might just let it eventually happen and hope that the market on these things remain strong. In that light, are there opinions out there on whether it would be better to get a fully loaded Hybrid Maverick (Lariat + Lariat Lux + Sunroof + Co-pilot) or a stripped down version? Right now my order is loaded, but I could (assuming no VIN) change it to a base model.
Sponsored

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
He didn't say it wouldnt sell. He said it'd be one less sale for Ford. (He wont buy one)
Ford will sell 100% of the mavericks they produce for the 2022 model year. I'm guessing he was waiting on a hybrid. Now is a odd time to bail out, seeing as they just started scheduling hybrid production after finally getting EPA clearance.

SlappaDaBass

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mav Hybrid XLT, '21 Forrester
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I am an October order but knew that the wait was going to be long. When y'all ordered in June and July, did they tell you it's going to be 6 months or a moving target, something like that?
Production began in September. There is an allocation system. You can be the 10th Hybrid order at the same dealer in June and still be behind an Ecoboost order that didn't happen unil September.

Once you realize that it's all about a combo of available parts and allocations, you'll feel better. People that preordered a truck in June are upset that they haven't been scheduled but at the same time you have to understand they have been waiting 6 months for something that has only been in production for less than 3.

Also, new lines take time to ramp up to full scale. This is all part of manufacturing - not to mention during a pandemic and global supply chain crisis.

Calm down, wait for your truck, and check out the meme's page. It'll help.

ReddWulf

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick FX4, Harley Road King Classic
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Will you fit in this one ?

1966-ford-mustang-pickup-5-768x512.jpg
I hope I'm not the only one that thinks that is HOT!!! 🔥 I'd drop a reservation/preorder today!! :love:

Sponsored

Pogeegitz

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Expedition Max XLT, 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I am an October order but knew that the wait was going to be long. When y'all ordered in June and July, did they tell you it's going to be 6 months or a moving target, something like that?
For me personally, yes. I ordered in JULY. My dealer was very up front about the facts that this is an unprecedented market, a new vehicle launch that's proving to be more popular than anyone expected, and was scheduled for a limited launch in the fall. They told me right up front not to expect delivery until 2022. And I'm fine with that. I'm now scheduled for a start date of next week, which if that holds up means I'll probably take delivery in early January.

My production date has been bumped 3 times. The communication hasn't been stellar (I didn't know my original build date had changed until a week after it passed), but at the same time sending update emails to 120K+ orders on a weekly basis seems like a lot to ask for when you look at it that way.

IPunchCholla

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 E150, 2014 Leaf
A lot of hate on this forum.

I too might be wandering off of the Maverick never-ending reservation. I found an incoming (in transit) Bronco Sport Badlands. I now have a fully refundable deposit on it. If it comes in before I get a Maverick anything (e.g. VIN or estimated build date), I will likely move on down the road in the Bronco Sport BL. I ordered the Maverick June 11th, still waiting....

I'm not sure if I will cancel the Maverick order. I might just let it eventually happen and hope that the market on these things remain strong. In that light, are there opinions out there on whether it would be better to get a fully loaded Hybrid Maverick (Lariat + Lariat Lux + Sunroof + Co-pilot) or a stripped down version? Right now my order is loaded, but I could (assuming no VIN) change it to a base model.
One thing I’ve learned reading these forums is that my way of thinking about things is just one way of thinking about them. I’m curious, these vehicles seem very different to me. Truck/SUV, hybrid/gas, etc. What made you select them as possibilities?

rclee

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT Maverick Lux,A51,Hybrid,Rear Slider.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I hope I'm not the only one that thinks that is HOT!!! 🔥 I'd drop a reservation/preorder today!! :love:
That's the new El Mustango.

JsnMrd

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I don't mind the wait. What I do mind is Ford changing options due to constraints but not giving us an option to take it out or keep it.

What's the point of building your truck?

TooManyVehicles

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 F150 XLT, 21 BS Badlands, 22 Mav Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
One thing I’ve learned reading these forums is that my way of thinking about things is just one way of thinking about them. I’m curious, these vehicles seem very different to me. Truck/SUV, hybrid/gas, etc. What made you select them as possibilities?
Great question.
Background: I already have a truck, 2015 F150 XLT 3.5L Eco-boost. I also have a 2006 Outback (and a 94 Camaro which is a garage queen and only sees nice summer days). I have a son who now drives. I started this quest originally thinking about the big Bronco (I used to own a used Bronco as a young man long ago). When I stumbled on the Maverick, I was intrigued, even though I already have a truck - figuring I could use one and he could use the other. When it was finally announced w/Hybrid I was really intrigued .. great pricing, great gas mileage...and put in an order.

Fast forward to now. My old Subaru is now on "life support" and I don't want to throw $ at it. Given the delay in getting the Maverick, and now in "new car mode", I keep looking around and am seeing other things I like. One of those is the Bronco Sport (baby Bronco), but ONLY in the Badlands configuration.

I am still not sure if I will buy it...the best thing would be to get a higher MPG vehicle to go along with my current truck. For example, if a SUV something like the Rav4 Hybrid. But I like the LOOKS of the Bronco Sport, so ....here I am.

ETA: If I had better progress on the Maverick, I would be likely to just go that way.

Sponsored

IPunchCholla

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 E150, 2014 Leaf
Great question.
Background: I already have a truck, 2015 F150 XLT 3.5L Eco-boost. I also have a 2006 Outback (and a 94 Camaro which is a garage queen and only sees nice summer days). I have a son who now drives. I started this quest originally thinking about the big Bronco (I used to own a used Bronco as a young man long ago). When I stumbled on the Maverick, I was intrigued, even though I already have a truck - figuring I could use one and he could use the other. When it was finally announced w/Hybrid I was really intrigued .. great pricing, great gas mileage...and put in an order.

Fast forward to now. My old Subaru is now on "life support" and I don't want to throw $ at it. Given the delay in getting the Maverick, and now in "new car mode", I keep looking around and am seeing other things I like. One of those is the Bronco Sport (baby Bronco), but ONLY in the Badlands configuration.

I am still not sure if I will buy it...the best thing would be to get a higher MPG vehicle to go along with my current truck. For example, if a SUV something like the Rav4 Hybrid. But I like the LOOKS of the Bronco Sport, so ....here I am.

ETA: If I had better progress on the Maverick, I would be likely to just go that way.

Makes sense. Thank you for sharing!

MyFutureMaverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I ordered in June. Scheduled to be built the week of December 13th. I wish it would've been sooner. However, it is what it is. I know the supply chains are what they are and I need to be patient. Ford wants to sell is trucks, it is what they do. They aren't purposely slowing us down. It's not like they're sitting on a boatload of chips and just don't feel like making the trucks.

Why are people so impatient?
I think people are so used to the instant gratification of Amazon ordering that the thought of waiting with no idea of a status is hard for some. I’m a very impatient person myself but I’m looking at the big picture. I’m not desperate for a new vehicle so I can afford to wait. I ordered a hybrid 10/26 and hoping for a Match or April delivery, but we’ll see.

Aherpa

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Edge, Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
After waiting since June and not hearing 1 word from Ford, I decided to call my Ford career over.

I dont really care about the dealer selling my Maverick once it comes in for more $$$, I just know its 1 less vehicle Ford will be selling

Just my opinion but I think Ford is hanging a lot of these Dealers out to dry

Good luck to everyone & Happy Holidays !!!
Things are looking up at my local dealer. He now has 4 Broncos on the lot with 2 of them showing up last week (11/8/21). Good luck with whatever you decide to get.

Tazgarde

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid2015 Honda CBR300RA
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Ordered a hybrid in early September and anticipated a long wait. I actually told my dealer to stop emailing me every week telling me there was no update. I don't need to get excited to see an email from them only to learn there is no progress.

This is my first new vehicle and I've ordered it with the options I want, so I'm willing to wait for it to get here when it gets here.

ReddWulf

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick FX4, Harley Road King Classic
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Things are looking up at my local dealer. He now has 4 Broncos on the lot with 2 of them showing up last week (11/8/21). Good luck with whatever you decide to get.
Yeah, I dropped by my dealer last week and there were several Bronco Sports and a couple of Broncos (with signs in the window saying "Test drive by appointment ONLY").
Sponsored