Mikk

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I need a sanity check: I have had my Maverick XLT Hybrid for two years. I am sure that the cargo light always came on whenever I opened the tailgate, and has now stopped working (still comes on with the doors). The dealer says that it doesn't come on automatically when opening the tailgate. Before I pursue this further, can others tell me which is correct?

Thanks in advance
Sponsored

Rflick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Buick Encore + ordered Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I need a sanity check: I have had my Maverick XLT Hybrid for two years. I am sure that the cargo light always came on whenever I opened the tailgate, and has now stopped working (still comes on with the doors). The dealer says that it doesn't come on automatically when opening the tailgate. Before I pursue this further, can others tell me which is correct?

Thanks in advance
On my 2022 XLT the cargo light doesn’t illuminate when just opening the tailgate by itself.

OleFordGuy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Lariat, Expedition Limited, 22 Mav Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Nope, opening tailgate doesn't turn on the light. Must have been a good dream or illusion :LOL:

OP
OP

Mikk

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Nope, opening tailgate doesn't turn on the light. Must have been a good dream or illusion :LOL:
I guess so, lol! Thanks for the replies!
The whole thing stems from not having any interior or cargo lights for almost three months during the darkest time of the year: the Maverick would go into deep sleep mode right away after driving. The interior lights would only work with the ignition turned on. The dealer diagnosed a weak 12v battery, but it took them almost three months to get one. Once fixed, I couldn't recall for sure whether the cargo light was automatic or not. I now do recall that it is not, otherwise the cargo light would stay on when hauling cargo with the tailgate open.

Mikk

Last edited:

Paulyz

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.churchbelltoweradventure-suspense.com
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Thanks in advance
There's a switch on the dash that turns cargo light on. p. s. Anyone know if I turn on parking lights instead of auto lights, how to have them turn off when turning off engine? Otherwise I have to remember to turn them off manually.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Mikk

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
According to the factory manual:
" The cargo and bed lamp illuminate with the courtesy lamps. They can also be illuminated by using the truck bed lamp switch. "
As I had mentioned yesterday, it seems my memory was playing tricks on me. :)

Last edited:

710-oil-614

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My 2024 lariat the lights come on when I open the tailgate
No it doesn't.

(I could be wrong but) It comes on when the doors/tailgate is unlocked.

Oscarcat

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Lariat, Lexus NX 300 Chrysler PT Cruiser 5 spd
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My 2024 lariat the lights come on when I open the tailgate
RE: 24 Lariat [hybrid, not that it should matter] parked unlocked in the garage this A.M = my bed lights did NOT illuminate when I opened the tailgate. I did not open a passenger door. Could it be you used the keyfob to unlock or opened the cab, then the tailgate?

AutobahnSHO

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Miata, Hybrid Mav, Odyssey
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
There's a switch on the dash that turns cargo light on. p. s. Anyone know if I turn on parking lights instead of auto lights, how to have them turn off when turning off engine? Otherwise I have to remember to turn them off manually.
They'll "eventually" shut off on their own, but if you turn anything on "manually" and you have to turn it off manually.

Sponsored

MetalsGeek

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rough
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Yamaha FZ-07
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I see no switch on the tailgate like there is on each of the doors, so the BCM will have no way to know whether the tailgate is open or not. This makes automatic bed lighting seem improbable to meee. Just sayin'...

Paulyz

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.churchbelltoweradventure-suspense.com
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
They'll "eventually" shut off on their own, but if you turn anything on "manually" and you have to turn it off manually.
Yes I manually turned on parking lights as my LED headlights are always on. But if you don't turn parking lights off, they stay on. I know I can override auto headlights but don't really want to. If I override auto headlights, what happens?
Sponsored