First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
No. In nearly 50 years of driving, I have never needed an extended warranty - and it especially makes no sense to purchase one when the original warranty already covers the vehicle. If not buying an extended warranty makes you nervous - and, believe me, the finance department will try very hard to make you nervous - take the cost of that 'extra' coverage and put it in savings to use if that ridiculously bizarre unlikely thing happens 3 years from now, and pay for the repair yourself.
YES I bought one. I bought a 1992 caprice that only had 200+/- miles on it and got 8(?)year 100k extended warranty. About 7 years later at 94,500+/- miles I took to authorized Firestone shop and told the manager to fix anything covered and call me if there was anything that was needed and not covered. Lotsa bearings, seals, something with air condenser, water pump, etc. Insurance paid about $3100 I paid about 275. Clear coat was starting to have problems so I paid Earl's place for his close color metal flake paint job (not forgetting to "accidently" leave the rumored "good idea" two cases of beer in the back seat. Always regretted not spending $5-6k for refurb instead of selling it at 208k miles.
Sponsored

NewBernWolf

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lynda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
YES I bought one. I bought a 1992 caprice that only had 200+/- miles on it and got 8(?)year 100k extended warranty. About 7 years later at 94,500+/- miles I took to authorized Firestone shop and told the manager to fix anything covered and call me if there was anything that was needed and not covered. Lotsa bearings, seals, something with air condenser, water pump, etc. Insurance paid about $3100 I paid about 275. Clear coat was starting to have problems so I paid Earl's place for his close color metal flake paint job (not forgetting to "accidently" leave the rumored "good idea" two cases of beer in the back seat. Always regretted not spending $5-6k for refurb instead of selling it at 208k miles.
For real, if I could buy a warranty for $275 that extends 8 years after the original warranty expires, I'd buy it too.

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
For real, if I could buy a warranty for $275 that extends 8 years after the original warranty expires, I'd buy it too.
Sorry the $275 was what I had done that warranty didn't cover I paid 1200-1250 for extended warranty.

Packer Bill

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-5
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
When I owned a Plymouth in the 1980's, I purchased an extended warranty for $400. This car was in the shop several times. I ended with a new engine. Starting in 1992, I purchased my first Mazda. Since then, I have only purchased Mazda vehicles (except a chevy mini-can which I regretted later). I did not purchased an extended warranty on my Mazdas. I usually keep my vehicles for 10 years. I have spent a total of $750 on repairs since 1992 on my 5 Mazdas. They are very reliable!! However, buying a Ford makes me nervous. Ford is not known for their reliable vehicles. So I am serious looking at purchasing an extended warranty.

TruckVille

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alto Blue, 4K Tow, Luxury Package, Flux Capacitor
When I owned a Plymouth in the 1980's, I purchased an extended warranty for $400. This car was in the shop several times. I ended with a new engine. Starting in 1992, I purchased my first Mazda. Since then, I have only purchased Mazda vehicles (except a chevy mini-can which I regretted later). I did not purchased an extended warranty on my Mazdas. I usually keep my vehicles for 10 years. I have spent a total of $750 on repairs since 1992 on my 5 Mazdas. They are very reliable!! However, buying a Ford makes me nervous. Ford is not known for their reliable vehicles. So I am serious looking at purchasing an extended warranty.
Peace of mind is worth a lot. Knowing that you won't get hit with a big repair bill will help you sleep and lower your blood pressure. Sounds good to me. Your configuration is like mine, and one week earlier for the build date. I am really getting psyched about getting this truck!

Sponsored

thealexhdz8

First Name
Alejandro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
So my dealership has the Lifetime Powertrain Warranty, any other types of warranties I should consider? Thanks

thunaman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Subaru Outback
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Food For Thought: Utilizing this scenario, if you would have invested that $1200 in Ford stock when you purchased the vehicle your ROI would have way out paced that $3500 repair bill.

stock price on 1-21-1992: $2.13/share
$1200 @ 2.13/share = aprox. 562 shares

Stock price on 12-30-1999 $14.56/share
ROI: 562 X 14.56 = $8,182

IMO purchasing an extended warranty is purely personal choice and you need to approach it as you would purchasing an insurance policy DO YOUR HOMEWORK. I was quoted close to $3000 for an 5year 100k mile extended warranty at my dealership. looking at the Flood Ford site the same coverage was $1000 so I would say if anyone is thinking about the extended warranty print out some #'s from Flood Ford first and go in with those #'s and ask them to match the price. It is the same exact warranty. Also, be sure to ask what the deductible is. They usually don't tell you about that and it sucks to find out when the vehicle is in service.

A Dodge that drives Fords

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Taurus Ford Ranger
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
In one word, yes. I've added extended warranties to every car I've owned. I've always used it on Little things and some big things. Granted they're probably not worth it once the vehicle is paid off. But it's a nice piece of mind.

KenB

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mazda CX-3
Hello, hope everyone enjoyed the weekend.
Would like to ask all of new owners of the Maverick, will you consider to purchase the extended warranty, such as Ford Premium Care which can cover up to 8 years or 150,000 miles.
My concern is that this is a brand new model, there is no enough information for reliability, the repair cost could be high because there are so many technology and controls are based on computer chips and codes. You may not even can find an independent tech to read the code.
I have been a owner of a brand new model car back in 2011, the transmission has to be rebuilt at year 7, ~ 91,000 miles which caused a fortune because all my warranty was expired.
I know there is not a definite answer for my question, just want to hear all suggestions and advices to help me out.
Thanks again.
I am going to consider an extended warranty my credit union offers at a much reduced cost.

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Food For Thought: Utilizing this scenario, if you would have invested that $1200 in Ford stock when you purchased the vehicle your ROI would have way out paced that $3500 repair bill.

stock price on 1-21-1992: $2.13/share
$1200 @ 2.13/share = aprox. 562 shares

Stock price on 12-30-1999 $14.56/share
ROI: 562 X 14.56 = $8,182

IMO purchasing an extended warranty is purely personal choice and you need to approach it as you would purchasing an insurance policy DO YOUR HOMEWORK. I was quoted close to $3000 for an 5year 100k mile extended warranty at my dealership. looking at the Flood Ford site the same coverage was $1000 so I would say if anyone is thinking about the extended warranty print out some #'s from Flood Ford first and go in with those #'s and ask them to match the price. It is the same exact warranty. Also, be sure to ask what the deductible is. They usually don't tell you about that and it sucks to find out when the vehicle is in service.
At the time I purchased the used car which the very little old lady had traded in (I was told when I asked why some one would trade in a new car they had purchased six weeks before was told she couldn't drive it because she couldn't see over the hood) I felt like I needed the warranty for several reasons. I got my value for buying the warranty satisfied not through repair savings before the final but by removing the risk of a sudden major expense during the first five years of ownership. The $3500.00 repair bill was gravy along with the miracle of remembering that I had the policy just before it ran out at 100k miles. So "See if you can find anything that this policy will pay for" was said. 🤓🤓💡🤓🤓

Sponsored

Namebrand

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang convertible ecoboost
I pre-ordered a hybrid lariat a few weeks ago but still no production date and in the end, found an iconic silver XLT FX4 yesterday and pulled the trigger.

When it came time for warranty crap, at 55/mo extra on a 60 month note, I passed. When he knocked it down to 30 a month I went ahead and bit. This is my daily driver and I do 30k miles per year just to get to work and home so shortly after the first year my factory warranty is shot. Decided the 4 year extended was worth the investment for as much as I drive.

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lexus ES300h Ultra Luxury
I pre-ordered a hybrid lariat a few weeks ago but still no production date and in the end, found an iconic silver XLT FX4 yesterday and pulled the trigger.

When it came time for warranty crap, at 55/mo extra on a 60 month note, I passed. When he knocked it down to 30 a month I went ahead and bit. This is my daily driver and I do 30k miles per year just to get to work and home so shortly after the first year my factory warranty is shot. Decided the 4 year extended was worth the investment for as much as I drive.
Welcome to the forum.

TruckVille

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alto Blue, 4K Tow, Luxury Package, Flux Capacitor

If the time comes that you have to use it, you'll love that it's there!

Smith

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I never buy an extended warranty And never regretted it.

Turtle

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have purchased many extended warranties. Recently i purchased an escape and went with the geico alternative *around 38 dollars every six months”. I will most likely do the same with the maverick. a couple of years ago I purchased a beetle and sold it just as the base warranty expired. The extended warranty i purchased gave me back about 75 percent of initial cost.
Sponsored