Exhausted by dealers

mcm2839

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra
I’m wanting to purchase a Maverick before end of the year. I didn’t pre-build so I understand this goal can be a challenge. I’ve had the opportunity to buy a couple Mavericks, but each time it’s dealer add ons of $5,000+. Today I found one I really wanted. They said it was selling for $2,500 over sticker. I was willing to pay some over MSRP because of current market and not having pre-ordered. Here was the deal they offered me. They wouldn’t budge on the add ons they include on top of the markup!

Ford Maverick Exhausted by dealers 042912B2-6CDE-4504-B67A-AE1AF3F03933
Sponsored

Gmood1

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
G-man
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Optima
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Is there a reason why you don't just pre-order one? I see you mention purchasing before the end of the year.
That looks like a ripoff! What model is this?

In a year, there will be a Maverick on every corner.
Seems like a steep price to pay, for the basics.

Last edited:

mdl20813

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cactus Gray Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Hard nope. It might take work and some willingness to travel but you could find a dealer with a stock unit that will sell at MSRP with none of those ridiculous add ons. They are solely preying on people's impatience.

James St. Patrick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD MAVERICK Velocity Blue Ecoboost AWD
Ford Maverick Exhausted by dealers B96674B7-C3E2-48D6-A2CC-61012E9E15A8

Too many extra fees. Keep shopping and send follow up emails towards the end of the month. If you do not NEED a vehicle, you can afford to wait. If you NEED a vehicle, the dealership has the leverage in this situation.

vengo97

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Jetta, Jeep Grand Cherokee
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
What's the theft deterrent? I'd say "I'll take it, but I'm defiantly going to 'lose' over $600 worth of keys this year if you make me keep that"

Sponsored

Dogcmp6

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT 2.0
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Contact all of the dealers, get the estimated OTD price on their mavericks, and an estimated trade in for your car...List out the OTD prices, and trade value for your current vehicle in an email...and "Accidentally" add a sales guy from each dealer...it may or may not work, its kind of a dick move, but I have done it several times in the past, and youll find which dealer is willing to play ball real fast.

catinthebathtub

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
haas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 GT 350, 60 VW, 34 pickup and porsches....
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I’m wanting to purchase a Maverick before end of the year. I didn’t pre-build so I understand this goal can be a challenge. I’ve had the opportunity to buy a couple Mavericks, but each time it’s dealer add ons of $5,000+. Today I found one I really wanted. They said it was selling for $2,500 over sticker. I was willing to pay some over MSRP because of current market and not having pre-ordered. Here was the deal they offered me. They wouldn’t budge on the add ons they include on top of the markup!
@mcm2839 i'm in houston too. what dealer is this? (mine is ordered through Helfman)
government fee???

OP
OP

mcm2839

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra

lurch70

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 BMW 330xi, 2019 Volvo XC60
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So this is about 10% over sticker before tax ...
Normal times I would no way in hell do this ... but if you are desperate it might be a decent deal nowadays.

OP
OP

mcm2839

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra
So this is about 10% over sticker before tax ...
Normal times I would no way in hell do this ... but if you are desperate it might be a decent deal nowadays.
I was fine with the over MSRP addendum, just didn't want the additional fees. I'm sure someone will bite on it, though. I did really want this one because it had the 4k tow package!

Sponsored

Probity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Scab 2.7EB, 2017 CR-V

042912B2-6CDE-4504-B67A-AE1AF3F03933.jpeg
You solicited advice so you're going to get it. Taking you literally, you don't NEED a new purchase due to existing vehicle accident etc., you WANT to purchase. Some discipline and patience can save you some money. But if you really must scratch that itch to buy a Maverick now, it's your money.

That deal sucks. If you order one and wait, ~$1600 of those add-ons and the $1310 gift to the dealer should vanish (I assume Theft Deterrent is VIN etching. What the hell is Cilajet Warranty anyway? Key replacement? All rubbish). And taxes would drop too.

So order one, take that $3000+ you would blow if you bought it from this Dealiar and option your Maverick to your hearts desire. Sit tight (TBA) months until you take delivery.

Gustafa

First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Sequoia
Cilajet is a ceramic paint coating protectant and they also have an interior "protection" too. You dont need it, unless its factory from Ford, I wouldnt pay for that at all.

lurch70

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 BMW 330xi, 2019 Volvo XC60
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I was fine with the over MSRP addendum, just didn't want the additional fees. I'm sure someone will bite on it, though. I did really want this one because it had the 4k tow package!
Just for reference my FiL was qouted $10k over a sticker on an in Stock Rav4 with a $35k MSRP ...

"We're selling today for $45k" ... guy didn't even blink.

I laughed and told him I was born at night but not last night.

OP
OP

mcm2839

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra
You solicited advice so you're going to get it. Taking you literally, you don't NEED a new purchase due to existing vehicle accident etc., you WANT to purchase. Some discipline and patience can save you some money. But if you really must scratch that itch to buy a Maverick now, it's your money.

That deal sucks. If you order one and wait, ~$1600 of those add-ons and the $1310 gift to the dealer should vanish (I assume Theft Deterrent is VIN etching. What the hell is Cilajet Warranty anyway? Key replacement? All rubbish). And taxes would drop too.

So order one, take that $3000+ you would blow if you bought it from this Dealiar and option your Maverick to your hearts desire. Sit tight (TBA) months until you take delivery.
I, of course, am waiting. Not my first rodeo purchasing a vehicle. I didn't solicit any advice, simply showing how dealers are marking up prices beyond MSRP addendums.

OP
OP

mcm2839

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra
Just for reference my FiL was qouted $10k over a sticker on an in Stock Rav4 with a $35k MSRP ...

"We're selling today for $45k" ... guy didn't even blink.

I laughed and told him I was born at night but not last night.
LOL. A toyota dealer told me their Tacoma Access Cab 4cyclinder was 39k. I asked why? What did it have on it? He said "current market!"
Sponsored