Sponsored

EV coach display vs. Fuel economy display. Which do you prefer?

Maverick2023

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Rav4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Started playing around with the display and I gotta say I like the fuel economy display is a bit more.
Sponsored

Cheesehead

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have been trying both and most recently have used the EV coach and like the display at the end when you turn it off.

Ford Maverick EV coach display vs. Fuel economy display. Which do you prefer? MPG

Tailender

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 F-250, 2011 Rogue, 2012 Jeep Liberty
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I prefer the ev coach. Can tell when you're in electric mode and it's very easy to push the throttle just enough to turn the ice on. Then just let off throttle and press lightly to go back to electric.

chuckles

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chuckles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
crippled f150 10r80
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Well, it is best to pay attention to the road.

Generally, you can hear when the ICE kicks on. It usually happens coincident with the first tick mark on the power meter. Letting _off_ the accelerator usually drops into electric. A little practice and you get a good feel for what it is doing.

All of that being said, I replaced one of the quadrants of the main display with instantaneous MPG. It is easy to see electric operation or hybrid MPG. Best overall view IMHO.

Ford Maverick EV coach display vs. Fuel economy display. Which do you prefer? 1677558092376

You can always toggle to the EV coach, but it lacks numerics for MPG. I find it only useful when trying to drive EV only up the hill to my house.

Cheers.

Sponsored

jsus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Escape Hybrid AWD 😉
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I don't think I've seen that quad screen
If you have the smaller screen shown, then Trip 1 and 2 can be customized between 1 and 4 metrics displayed at a time. On your trip meter, press the 3 horizontal line menu button on the right of the steering wheel, then Select Screens (paraphrasing off hand). Check or un-check the ones you want displayed. If 4 are selected, you get the quadrant view, but you can select fewer for a similar view.

If you have a Lariat (or XLT FX4/Tremor) with the larger instrument cluster screen, it shows 4 lines horizontally, not as quadrants.

Egz

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid Lariat, 1967 Fairlady
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Gotcha. Didn't know the quad view was the same as 4 line display

BuddyS

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC60 R Design & 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Fuel economy display. After a few days of driving you are (if you're trying to pay attention) pretty much able to know how to drive economically.

One thing I wish for is a real-time trip mpg display so you'd know how you're doing as you drive on each outing.

Deleted member 1483

I like the instant MPG display because it shows me quickly when I am in EV mode or not. I already have a power gauge. I don't find the "potential ev mode" line particularly useful.

JimParker256

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Area 51 Hybrid FE, 2014 Impala
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Fuel economy display. After a few days of driving you are (if you're trying to pay attention) pretty much able to know how to drive economically.

One thing I wish for is a real-time trip mpg display so you'd know how you're doing as you drive on each outing.
There is a "real time mpg" screen on the Lariat, but you may have to edit the preferences to display it. There's a limit to the number of screens you can have in your 'rotation' while driving, so it might mean giving up one of the other optional screens.

I just toggle between the "This Trip" and "Coach" screens as I feel the need.

Sponsored

BuddyS

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC60 R Design & 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

There is a "real time mpg" screen on the Lariat, but you may have to edit the preferences to display it. There's a limit to the number of screens you can have in your 'rotation' while driving, so it might mean giving up one of the other optional screens.

I just toggle between the "This Trip" and "Coach" screens as I feel the need.
Thanks. Unless I'm missing something, I don't think there's a "This Trip" mpg setting on the XLT. I can get *instantaneous* MPG, but not an average for the overall current trip while you're ON the trip -- you only get that magic number when you shut it off.

ThisWas

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid, 2021 RAV4 Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Unless I'm missing something, I don't think there's a "This Trip" mpg setting on the XLT. I can get *instantaneous* MPG, but not an average for the overall current trip while you're ON the trip -- you only get that magic number when you shut it off.
If you reset the odometer when you begin a trip, then the number above the instantaneous mpg (or "Electric") in Chuckles's photo is your trip mpg... 43.7mpg in this example.
Ford Maverick EV coach display vs. Fuel economy display. Which do you prefer? t1
Sponsored