First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-5
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
As you've likely seen from the posts, self oil changing will be an ordeal having to remove the skid plate and the 15 screws to get to the oil drain plug. Just wanted to offer up a solution that will make it much easier AND avoid spills, not to mention make the recycling task simple. You barely have to get your hands dirty. Well worth the $100 bucks or so depending on which version you get.

Edit: Saw this post after I posted this. Seems you will still have to remove the front plate to get to the oil filter. Well crap! At least there is an small access cover to get to the drain plug.

https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/f...l-needed-for-oil-change-on-fx4-maverick.2704/

Mityvac 7201 Manual Fluid Evacuator Plus with 2.3 Gallon Reservoir; Evacuates or Dispenses Fluids with Push Button; Evacuate Through the Dipstick Tube
Sponsored

Last edited:

JASmith

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I use an evacuator (different brand), but only on vehicles with a top mounted oil filter. How are you going to get to the oil filter without taking the panel off anyway? I have a feeling the FX4 is going to be one of those vehicles that its worth paying $50 to let a shop do, although they will probably grind their teeth and make you wait longer to discourage you from coming back! 🤪

OP
OP
AngeloInSC

AngeloInSC

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-5
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I use an evacuator (different brand), but only on vehicles with a top mounted oil filter. How are you going to get to the oil filter without taking the panel off anyway? I have a feeling the FX4 is going to be one of those vehicles that its worth paying $50 to let a shop do, although they will probably grind their teeth and make you wait longer to discourage you from coming back! 🤪
Yes, a point I thought about and then edited my post. I saw this post after I made the post. You still need to remove the small front plate to change the filter. https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/f...l-needed-for-oil-change-on-fx4-maverick.2704/

Last edited:
OP
OP
AngeloInSC

AngeloInSC

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-5