First Name
Scotty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT Carbon Grey
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yesterday was my first Highway road trip. While on the interstate I had it in Eco mode. Then once the city I moved to sports mode to be able to quickly move in and out of lanes. This morning I was putt’in around town in normal mode. It seemed it would quick shift when starting from a stopped position. It might just be my throttle pressure, but had not noticed it before. I only have 500 miles, so does the computer sync with driving habits and modes?
Sponsored

LeersMav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Maximus GP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PriusV, Sonata PHEV, F-50 Mavrick Lariat Hybrid FE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yesterday was my first Highway road trip. While on the interstate I had it in Eco mode. Then once the city I moved to sports mode to be able to quickly move in and out of lanes. This morning I was putt’in around town in normal mode. It seemed it would quick shift when starting from a stopped position. It might just be my throttle pressure, but had not noticed it before. I only have 500 miles, so does the computer sync with driving habits and modes?
EB or Hybrid?

Hybrid uses eCVT so no shifting is really felt (only simulation in Sport Mode).

OP
OP

Scooter

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Scotty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT Carbon Grey
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
EB or Hybrid?

Hybrid uses eCVT so no shifting is really felt (only simulation in Sport Mode).
EB. I had a Lancer that had a CVT for 12 years prior to getting my Maverick. So it’s not that sort of feel. The normal mode feels very different than the Eco and Sports mode. I noticed that it hits 2000 RPMs, drops to about 1500. Once in 3rd gear, it will starts to shift more normal. It almost feels like a hesitation. Sort of like a throttle body or of issue.

Bj517

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sport mode is definitely zippy in my hybrid, but I do find the fake shift points to be kind of silly. I don't plan to really use it much until my 1000 mile break-in in period is over though.

LeersMav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Maximus GP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PriusV, Sonata PHEV, F-50 Mavrick Lariat Hybrid FE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
EB. I had a Lancer that had a CVT for 12 years prior to getting my Maverick. So it’s not that sort of feel. The normal mode feels very different than the Eco and Sports mode. I noticed that it hits 2000 RPMs, drops to about 1500. Once in 3rd gear, it will starts to shift more normal. It almost feels like a hesitation. Sort of like a throttle body or of issue.
Yeah, so with EB having the 8-speed transmission, it needs to get to cruising gear faster/quicker. 2000RPM use to be 65mph (or so) cruising the freeway/highway, so I can see shifting at that level to the next gear.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Scooter

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Scotty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT Carbon Grey
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yeah, so with EB having the 8-speed transmission, it needs to get to cruising gear faster/quicker. 2000RPM use to be 65mph (or so) cruising the freeway/highway, so I can see shifting at that level to the next gear.
That sounds about right. I was expecting that after 12 years driving a CVT, it was going to be an adjustment in throttle pressure. Chock it up to learning a new vehicle feel.

OP
OP

Scooter

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Scotty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT Carbon Grey
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Sport mode is definitely zippy in my hybrid, but I do find the fake shift points to be kind of silly. I don't plan to really use it much until my 1000 mile break-in in period is over though.
No question it had quicker response. Which helped getting in an around stupid interstate city drivers.

ShadowBlack XL440

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Non-Ford, not enought room to list..........
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I agree, mine has just over 1000 miles and it does seem to like a more spirited take off rather than lugging at lower RPMs. It seems to help the fuel mileage to use more RPM on take off. Keeping under 3K RPM seems sufficient.
Sponsored