First Name
Norm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang Mach E 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Don't know if this has been posted before but a search didn't find anything similar. You can give Ford your suggestions for changes or improvements (or inventions) at this web site: https://www.ideaplace.ford.com/user?qmzn=FordNI If enough people posted the same suggestion/request it might get Ford's attention. I'm thinking of issues like Auto Stop and ECO Mode. Just FYI.

BTW, just to save some of you some time, be warned that one of items in the NON-ELIGIBLE/FREQUENTLY SUBMITTED IDEAS is: Those that suggest perpetual motion (e.g., doesn't require fuel, recharging, etc.) :)
Sponsored

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'll tell you right now that if your wish is to get rid of the Auto-start/stop, that is a non-starter for Ford. Government trumps customers on that one and there is no amount of complaining that will change that. However, allowing the owner to default to ECO mode would fit in the government's objectives and so I would think that is workable.

Suggesting features for Maverick that already exist on other models might not be worth the ink. Ford likely already considered those and have a reason why they don't exist on Maverick. Ford is trying to hit a price point and some features likely push the truck to a price that competes with Ranger.

An idea worth mentioning to Ford might be a port that allows you to connect a solar panel to the truck for trickle charging the hybrid battery when not in motion. That would increase the fuel mileage (and by extension, reduce the emissions) over the life of the vehicle and allow those that park their trucks outside to essentially keep the battery charged for the next drive. Maybe even offer a solar panel tonneau cover that integrates with it, similar to what Tesla has threatened.

OP
OP
Old_Norm

Old_Norm

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Norm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm pretty sure that is not what the link is for. Number 15 on the list of non-eligible ideas is consumer complaints.

non eligible ideas.png
How is asking for a feature to be added or modified a complaint? i.e. "Suggest you add the ability to select which driving mode will be the default when starting the car." Surely you could suggest a feature be added or changed without making it a complaint, right?

OP
OP
Old_Norm

Old_Norm

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Norm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'll tell you right now that if your wish is to get rid of the Auto-start/stop, that is a non-starter for Ford. Government trumps customers on that one and there is no amount of complaining that will change that. However, allowing the owner to default to ECO mode would fit in the government's objectives and so I would think that is workable.

Suggesting features for Maverick that already exist on other models might not be worth the ink. Ford likely already considered those and have a reason why they don't exist on Maverick. Ford is trying to hit a price point and some features likely push the truck to a price that competes with Ranger.

An idea worth mentioning to Ford might be a port that allows you to connect a solar panel to the truck for trickle charging the hybrid battery when not in motion. That would increase the fuel mileage (and by extension, reduce the emissions) over the life of the vehicle and allow those that park their trucks outside to essentially keep the battery charged for the next drive. Maybe even offer a solar panel tonneau cover that integrates with it, similar to what Tesla has threatened.
Thanks for telling me right now, but I have no desire to get rid of auto start/stop. :rolleyes::) I am curious how you and bbhaag think my post mentioned or inferred that complains should be posted on the Ford site.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Old_Norm

Old_Norm

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Norm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ford should have a "Record Feedback" button in the infotainment system. So say you're driving down the road and you notice something you don't like or a feature stops working. You can tap on the "Record Feedback" button then voice your opinion and then it gets sent directly to Ford engineers.

That is something I don't think any automotive manufacturer is doing and it could provide Ford with valuable feedback more quickly than traditional ways. It also lets the customer send feedback immediately while it is fresh on their mind instead of waiting until they get home to either call or compose an email.
Good idea, why not suggest it to Ford?

OP
OP
Old_Norm

Old_Norm

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Norm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It' just that I think the link you provided is more for new ideas or inventions that Ford hasn't implemented before not for feedback about how current vehicles operate.
Exactly. So asking Ford to put an option in the settings menu to choose the default driving mode is a feature Ford hasn't implemented before. The site works fine for those types of suggestions.

Ranch

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Marverick FX4 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Don't know if this has been posted before but a search didn't find anything similar. You can give Ford your suggestions for changes or improvements (or inventions) at this web site: https://www.ideaplace.ford.com/user?qmzn=FordNI If enough people posted the same suggestion/request it might get Ford's attention. I'm thinking of issues like Auto Stop and ECO Mode. Just FYI.

BTW, just to save some of you some time, be warned that one of items in the NON-ELIGIBLE/FREQUENTLY SUBMITTED IDEAS is: Those that suggest perpetual motion (e.g., doesn't require fuel, recharging, etc.) :)
What issues are you talking about in regards to Auto Start/Stop?

Sponsored

SLINGSHOT

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 RAV4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Ford, like ALL American companies only thinks 90 days ahead. If it doesn't affect the next quarter, flush it. Have you ever seen the cartoon where the company SUGGESTION BOX has no bottom and is located above a large garbage can?

OP
OP
Old_Norm

Old_Norm

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Norm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ford, like ALL American companies only thinks 90 days ahead. If it doesn't affect the next quarter, flush it. Have you ever seen the cartoon where the company SUGGESTION BOX has no bottom and is located above a large garbage can?
Wow, your glass is half full and leaking. :)

OP
OP
Old_Norm

Old_Norm

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Norm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What issues are you talking about in regards to Auto Start/Stop?
I'm not thinking about any issues regarding start/stop. I only mentioned it because it has been a topic of discussion here. I'm very happy with stop/start. I could have mentioned side marker lights or rear view mirrors. Man, people are sure going off on tangents.

Ranch

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Marverick FX4 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm not thinking about any issues regarding start/stop. I only mentioned it because it has been a topic of discussion here. I'm very happy with stop/start. I could have mentioned side marker lights or rear view mirrors. Man, people are sure going off on tangents.
You brought it up not me. Sounds like you're talking about people's complaints with Auto Stop/Start. The link say's it's not for complaints.

OP
OP
Old_Norm

Old_Norm

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Norm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You brought it up not me. Sounds like you're talking about people's complaints with Auto Stop/Start. The link say's it's not for complaints.
Sigh :rolleyes:
Sponsored