First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram, 2005, 2500 Diesel, 22 Lariat, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
53 here. Cant wait for my silver XLT AWD to get built. I plan on dropping it 2" . Already got a bed cover and some 18x8s to go on it. Got a bunch of goodies waiting in a box to go on it. Wife says I'm like a little kid in that regard but finds it cute that I'm excited about this truck.

I been a car guy all my life. Always had something cool in my garage. I have had various Dodge Chargers, dodge darts, plymouth barracudas the last 37 years. I have a 2"-4" dropped 94 Silverado 350 5 speed I bought new snd have owned 28 years, and a 2007 mustang GT 4.6L 5 speed I also bought new.

Its all down hill after 40 lol. Dont make me laugh. I run 2 miles every morning at 4:30AM. I eat real healthy, and drink nothing but water and green tea. I am in the middle of my latest restoration 1969 Barracuda 340-S. Slowed up a little as I had a hernia fixed about 3 weeks ago, but as soon as I can, I will be back to 2 miles every morning. I dont drink, I dont smoke. My pops lived till he was 84, and was a smoker with not as healthy of a lifestyle. Lord willing I'm sure I will eclipse that.

Your only as young as you feel, along with how well you take care of yourself. I also have AMAC. No AARP for me.
I wish you a long and happy life. However, one's life span may be a bit predictable based on genetics and life style, but sh-t happens. Looks to me like when you are born, you become old enough to die. Just saying........ Summation: Enjoy your maverick while you can!!!
Sponsored

Last edited:

donbreiner

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tesla Model 3 Long Range, 2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Im 69 and I love my Mav. Ifeel younger when driving it.Its a lot of fun for us old guys
Got you all beat, I'm 84, but wish I could turn the clock back a few years LOL! Ordered Mavrick, Hybrid 7/26/21, Lariat, RR, First Edition, Lux Pkg, CoPilot 360. Received Vin & build date week of May 9th, last week Ford bumped it back to week of 5/16. Hopefully the last delay. I don't have that many years left - Want to enjoy the truck.

uh50

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hchaney.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, VB, 2.0 EB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Got you all beat, I'm 84, but wish I could turn the clock back a few years LOL! Ordered Mavrick, Hybrid 7/26/21, Lariat, RR, First Edition, Lux Pkg, CoPilot 360. Received Vin & build date week of May 9th, last week Ford bumped it back to week of 5/16. Hopefully the last delay. I don't have that many years left - Want to enjoy the truck.
WAIT! You're 84 and ordered a Lariat, Lux Pkg, First Edition, technology laden truck? According to some here those trucks are only for the young. Didn't you read that you are supposed to be simple, dislike technology, and buy cheap? You may have to turn in your old man card.

Well, let's hope yours gets build as now scheduled. Congratulations, sounds like you truly ordered a great truck...would love to have a First Edition myself. :cool:

OP
OP
KimoCarew

KimoCarew

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kimo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus ES 300H
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Both me 57 year old dude & my daughter 26 have xlt, eco boost fwd. On order since January. Cyber orange for me & cactus gray for daughter.
We are the same ages... someone's head at Ford will surely explode.

Sponsored

WannaMav

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Calls to mind a humorous quote from the writer Peter De Vries:

"My father hated radio and could not wait for television to be invented so he could hate that too."

😁

OP
OP
KimoCarew

KimoCarew

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kimo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus ES 300H
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ford's target buyers

Ford Maverick Don't ruin it for the old guys! cq5dam.web.2160.2160

Pumkin

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Colorado Ford Transit 350 HD
I am not sure what you mean by win?? I will be 78 on my next birthday; that will be after I, hopefully, receive my Maverick in June or July. As I see it, considering some my past lifestyle choices, I am already a winner. That will just be amplified when I am "cruising" in my new Mav!!!! Life is good and getting better and , hey, I am thankful......
Anyone over 70 is a winner in my opinion.

rognus

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid, Subaru Impreza
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm 77 and I'm sure glad I got the hybrid, because the way I love to drive it (I find any excuse) I probably couldn't afford the gas ;). I can't believe how they engineered it to do the things it does.
I can't usually tell when the ice starts and stops! My wife says my truck is so quiet she now thinks there's something wrong with her Subaru because it's so loud. It's also so quick on the freeway ramp I'm awestruck 🤣

Sponsored

saffrontruck

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Almost five turns of the Dragon!

I am still amazed with the back-up camera, and the auto-headlights!

CG - All the way

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram, 2005, 2500 Diesel, 22 Lariat, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ford's target buyers

cq5dam.web.2160.2160.jpeg
Ford must have known their order books were already about full when they initiated this marketing ploy!!!

On a thread the other day, I had to google hydrodipping, after I made a smart comment about skinny dipping. Now I will once again show my ignorance (I have enough to share) and ask what others think may be in the container held by the young lady who apparently had half a panic attack which turned half of her hair blond???? Some sort of musical instrument or is it a maverick bed extender??:unsure:

Fastbackjon

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT 2.0, 18 Flex, 20 Edge, 21 Escape
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I know Ford designed and marketed this vehicle for millennials, guys with hair buns and hipsters. Nevertheless, this is our truck. It is probably the most functional vehicle ever made and we old dudes figured this out when it was launched. It is the truck equivalent of a bucket hat, belt with a hidden money spot sewn in, belly pack and trousers that let you remove the legs with a zipper! Stop defending it when people dismiss it as a "trucklette" or call it "cute." You are only driving up the price and making it harder to get.

67306617813--11A2436F-9504-4BB9-B13B-536AD9FF647D.jpg
I am 6 months shy of being 60 years old. My lower back is worn out, my memory is tested daily due to the consumption of social beverages early in life, my wallet is always empty because I stimulate the economy on a daily basis, and I have more hair then my high school classmates had then and now, and if Lynda Carter (the original TV Wonder Woman) would step into my house I would start to feel dizzy and drool. And everything you heard about your body after 50 years old is true, the window for breakdown starts at 51 and continues to remind you every time you change oil on your car, and the kids cars and the wifes car and at that moment of getting up off the mechanics creeper. And lastly, to have had many classic Mustangs that I restored and have gotten the thumbs up driving down the streets, I can say without a doubt, I too saw this truck developing and said to myself, finally, Ford is making a 4 door Ranchero. Yes, us old dudes still can get excited over things and this little truck has done it for me. And the thumbs up from those seeing the Maverick going down the road, it is just plain freakin' cool to me as well. So, everyone that is waiting for their Maverick to arrive, keep the focus, it is worth the wait. No matter what age you are.
Sponsored

Last edited: