First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus rx350
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hey guys, I’m back with another problem. After finally getting my axle problems fixed after 6 months, now my engine rattled when it transitions to electric. When it’s parked, it does not do it as much. It sounds like lifters or the engine is continuing to roll over but not fire. I have a few videos of it. I just need to find time to go to the dealer again.

Sponsored

Clarkdonbran

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Mine did the same thing. It’s been at the shop since 2/16 with a bad PCM. I see another recall coming!

OP
OP
Bigronron

Bigronron

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus rx350
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Mine did the same thing. It’s been at the shop since 2/16 with a bad PCM. I see another recall coming!
Bad PCM, interesting. I had a Lexus ct200h (essentially a Prius) that had the Atkinson cycle in it and it did that exact same noise right before it blew the engine.

Deleted member 1483

Can’t say mine has ever made that noise seems off to me.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
Undecided
Hey guys, I’m back with another problem. After finally getting my axle problems fixed after 6 months, now my engine rattled when it transitions to electric. When it’s parked, it does not do it as much. It sounds like lifters or the engine is continuing to roll over but not fire. I have a few videos of it. I just need to find time to go to the dealer again.

Hello there! I can look into things on my end. Feel free to send over a private message including your VIN and dealership information at your earliest convenience.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Bigronron

Bigronron

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus rx350
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hello there! I can look into things on my end. Feel free to send over a private message including your VIN and dealership information at your earliest convenience.
no worries, let me go through my messages from when I messaged Ford last time a major thing went wrong 6 months ago and get my vin

GPSMan

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Mine does this too.

OleFordGuy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Lariat, Expedition Limited, 22 Mav Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
hum that doesn't sound healthily in the long term, no clue if its something minor or major but something sure doesn't sound right. Good Luck, hopefully your dealer can resolve it quickly
Sponsored