Sponsored

Does Hybrid Maverick have battery only range / mode?

troynm

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat hybrid, Velocity Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yes, it will run on battery only if you run out of gas. It gives you about 3.5 miles at a slow speed of 20-30 mph. There is a thread on here with video of a guy running is tank dry then driving till the battery gave out. He brought some gas cans with him to put some fuel back in.
Sponsored

clavicus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yes, it will run on battery only if you run out of gas. It gives you about 3.5 miles at a slow speed of 20-30 mph. There is a thread on here with video of a guy running is tank dry then driving till the battery gave out. He brought some gas cans with him to put some fuel back in.
There’s little chance of you getting 3.5 mi on battery. 1.5 would be pushing the limits, just speaking from experience in mine.

Ricstar

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep CJ7
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Personal best for me is with a slow start about .6 miles all electronic. Then the ICE will kick on.

OTACORB

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DAB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Oxford White Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
He only got a mile, so 3.5 is out of the question.

I find in town I do a lot of EV driving because of the slower speeds. On my commute to work I have a few small towns that I must slow down and generally all the way through those little towns I will be running EV. It's easy to do with minimal effort. It not going to take you up steep roads, but small inclines I've had no issues remaining in EV. My local convenient store is about 2 miles from where I live and I can generally get 1 mile EV going and 1.5 miles EV coming back the ICE will always run during that time, but only for short periods.
Sponsored

Last edited: