Sponsored

Does Hybrid Maverick have battery only range / mode?

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150. Focus. Toyota Tocoma TRD. Jeep and now Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Does the Hybrid Maverick run on battery only?
Sponsored

STARCOMMTREY1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, Ultra Classic, Versa Note and soon to be Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

pxpaulx

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If you're asking whether it has a battery-only range, the answer is no. It is only a traditional hybrid, the electric and gas engines are always working together. The gas engine is not supplementary.

Rkbrumbelow

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
HCH2, Hybrid XLT on order
If you're asking whether it has a battery-only range, the answer is no. It is only a traditional hybrid, the electric and gas engines are always working together. The gas engine is not supplementary.
Untrue, it has a battery only range, but it is a limp home type system which is not user level implementable. One of the Ford hybrid systems briefly mentions it, along with the fact that at startup most vehicles will be in battery only mode.

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lexus ES300h Ultra Luxury
What he said. Very rarely do I see the Gas Engine not driving the vehicle. Mainly when braking or going down hill. The Gas Engine is still on and believe me takes over as soon as you touch the gas pedal or start a hill climb. Ocala is very hilly and MPG is typically on the decline whenever I go there to shop. But as he said, you CANNOT operate on Electric only.

Sponsored

es7129

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What he said. Very rarely do I see the Gas Engine not driving the vehicle. Mainly when braking or going down hill. The Gas Engine is still on and believe me takes over as soon as you touch the gas pedal or start a hill climb. Ocala is very hilly and MPG is typically on the decline whenever I go there to shop. But as he said, you CANNOT operate on Electric only.
Is this your experience with other Ford hybrids or just hybrids in general?
Our Tucson behaves very differently than my old CRZ did.
The Tucson can drive extended periods in EV mode, lightly accelerate and can climb hills.
The CRZ also only achieved 33mpg while the much larger Tucson regularly sees 40+ in town.

Rkbrumbelow

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The Tucson can drive extended periods in EV mode, lightly accelerate and can climb hills.
The CRZ also only achieved 33mpg while the much larger Tucson regularly sees 40+ in town.
My HCH2 had no battery only mode and a CVT not an ecvt I am basing my response on the Ford produced explanation of the Maverick eCVT on the Ford Maverick playlist via YouTube which specifically says it has a range but cannot be user enableabled and that at startup it is in battery only mode.

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lexus ES300h Ultra Luxury
2020 Toyota Avalon Hybrid
2021 Lexus ES300h (Hybrid)

es7129

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
We might have to read through the Escape forum to see what they’re experiencing.
On the Tucson I can just lift off the throttle for a second to kick the EV on and continue driving all electric until the battery is below 50% or I need more go juice. I live on top of a 200’ hill. If I take the 1 mile loop up I can make it in EV mode, but if I take the .5mile (steeper) loop I can’t.
In the CRZ, I had the 6speed, I didn’t have any control and the two motors worked together without user control.

Rkbrumbelow

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My HCH2 had no battery only mode and a CVT not an ecvt I am basing my response on the Ford produced explanation of the Maverick eCVT on the Ford Maverick playlist via YouTube which specifically says it has a range but cannot be user enableabled and that at startup it is in battery only mode.
Edit: my mistake source is
at the 4 minute mark

Sponsored
OP
OP
Top Gun Maverick
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150. Focus. Toyota Tocoma TRD. Jeep and now Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sorry.. i maybe asked the question wrong. Thought i seen you can operate on battery only. Like 37 miles. Engine not running. All new to me. Quite different then my F150.

ThisWas

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid, 2021 RAV4 Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ford Maverick Does Hybrid Maverick have battery only range / mode? t1

Q: Does the Maverick hybrid have an "EV mode" button like the Toyota RAV4 Hybrid?

A: No, it does not.

Edited to add: Original poster asked about 37 miles of EV range... I think my RAV4 Hybrid might go a mile or two - the RAV4 PRIME might go 37 miles on its much bigger battery.

Fotomoto

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Clarity, C-Max Energi, & Prius
Yes and no. Yes that sounds confusing but its pretty simple.

No, in the Mav hybrid there is no "EV only" mode/button that is user selectable.

Yes, in Ford's (and others) design, the drivetrain can and will operate/drive with electric motors only (ICE off) with electrons supplied by the battery in many low-power scenarios.

Having an "EV only" mode is handy but is typically reserved for plug-in vehicles that have a more robust and capable EV system.

Finally, remember this: in a (non plug-in) hybrid, ALL energy comes from gasoline.

FWIW

Wire4money

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Wrangler
Engine
Undecided
Sorry.. i maybe asked the question wrong. Thought i seen you can operate on battery only. Like 37 miles. Engine not running. All new to me. Quite different then my F150.
A 37 mile range would be a plug in hybrid, a standard hybrid does not have the battery capacity to do that.

es7129

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The Escape PHEV has this option, but the Maverick doesn’t at this time.
Sponsored