First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, - Lariat, Hyundai Palisade
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This thread is fantastic! A BIG thanks to the OP and to everyone who joined in with terrific ideas and input.
Thank you! I've enjoyed the many "take-offs" members have come up for this modification.
Sponsored

computerpulse

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think you only need resistors if you use LED instead of incandescent. Adding LED to a line that already has incandescents on them, you do not.
I’m confused, you should be able to plug up an LED without resistors on this Maverick, since everything is powered by LEDs

SLJ

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I’m confused, you should be able to plug up an LED without resistors on this Maverick, since everything is powered by LEDs
I used LEDs on each side, no problems.
Ford Maverick 💡 Converting the Maverick side badge to a signal lamp light -- DIY how-to and result video [night video added] side turns

GPSMan

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

No, it's not all LED.

LED take so little power, they won't harm an existing circuit. But used alone, may take such little power they are invisible to the "smarts" and you get a burnt out bulb warning.

OP
OP
Dad

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You can ADD an LED without resistors, but you cannot REPLACE an existing incandescent or halogen without them, unless you're ok with the hyperflash. Note: If you're replacing an existing incandescent bulb that doesn't blink on/off, then you won't need resistors.
Now I'm referencing a 2022 Maverick. Are you saying the 2024's have all LEDs?

Sponsored

Sharksforarms

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

It seemed like too tight of a fit to mount horizontally like others have without boring out a largish hole, so I stuck my LED strip on vertically instead. It's about as perfect of a fit as you can hope for. Slightly more conspicuous than horizontal, but looks much better in-use imo. There is no light spill into the cabin.

The lights themselves are great. Good, not blinding, intensity. Crisp and easily noticeable. Wiring the lights in was dead simple.

The Maverick's stock blinker layout is invisible to any cars that are abreast of you - really unsafe. These give me much more confidence when changing lanes in heavier traffic.

Ford really skimped on a lot of small things to cut costs on this truck. I'm glad it has been so simple to add them myself.
Ford Maverick 💡 Converting the Maverick side badge to a signal lamp light -- DIY how-to and result video [night video added] 20240110_171603

OP
OP
Dad

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It seemed like too tight of a fit to mount horizontally like others have without boring out a largish hole, so I stuck my LED strip on vertically instead. It's about as perfect of a fit as you can hope for. Slightly more conspicuous than horizontal, but looks much better in-use imo. There is no light spill into the cabin.

The lights themselves are great. Good, not blinding, intensity. Crisp and easily noticeable. Wiring the lights in was dead simple.

The Maverick's stock blinker layout is invisible to any cars that are abreast of you - really unsafe. These give me much more confidence when changing lanes in heavier traffic.

Ford really skimped on a lot of small things to cut costs on this truck. I'm glad it has been so simple to add them myself.
20240110_171603.jpg
I had the same experience with the LED strip lights . . . just seemed a bit too squeezed in for a top mount, but unlike you, I abandoned using that light and went with cutting a hole in the badge to mount a round LED and cover it all up with a made to fit amber cover. (See my initial thread). I think how you re-thought using the light strip is brilliant.

Sharksforarms

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I had the same experience with the LED strip lights . . . just seemed a bit too squeezed in for a top mount, but unlike you, I abandoned using that light and went with cutting a hole in the badge to mount a round LED and cover it all up with a made to fit amber cover. (See my initial thread). I think how you re-thought using the light strip is brilliant.
Seeing your original post is honestly what inspired me to jump in and really start looking into these functional mods. Not sure how I came across it originally, but as soon as I saw your thread, I knew I needed to install those lights.

Makes me smile every time I see them flash! Sure doesn't take much to please me as I get older lol.

Old_Norm

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Norm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang Mach E 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I made a small slot on each side of the cover and the LED strip fits well at the top. I just like the less noticeable strip when mounted in the horizontal position. If I do it again, with new covers, I'll do your method. Thanks for the inspiration.

Reactions: Dad
OP
OP
Dad

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I made a small slot on each side of the cover and the LED strip fits well at the top. I just like the less noticeable strip when mounted in the horizontal position. If I do it again, with new covers, I'll do your method. Thanks for the inspiration.
Agreed. I liked it better at the top horizontally. You're welcome. That's what this forum is about: Educate, Inspire, Inform. If/when you decide to re-do, I'm happy to help in any way I can.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Dad

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Seeing your original post is honestly what inspired me to jump in and really start looking into these functional mods. Not sure how I came across it originally, but as soon as I saw your thread, I knew I needed to install those lights.

Makes me smile every time I see them flash! Sure doesn't take much to please me as I get older lol.
Wow! Thank you! I've been inspired many times by this forum and I'm only too happy to return the favor. You made my day.
Update: While browsing through the "WHAT'S NEW" section found these illuminated side markers by Mabett. Pretty cool, but like so many of Mabett's products, "currently unavailable".
https://amzn.to/3O2eRsw

Last edited:

Snowbird

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CRV 2018
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I was looking at the side badge covers on Etsy. When you apply two sided tape to secure them, do you put the tape on the side edges of the lens, the back of the lens, or the truck badge and then insert the lens?

OP
OP
Dad

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I was looking at the side badge covers on Etsy. When you apply two sided tape to secure them, do you put the tape on the side edges of the lens, the back of the lens, or the truck badge and then insert the lens?
I didn't use tape. Instead I used an interlocking hook and loop fastener so that if I needed to get the cover off it would be (hopefully) a simple matter. I've had them on for about a year now and have not had any holding issues. I don't remember whether I put them on the lens or the badge. I'm thinking the badge so it wouldn't show on the cover.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0B4KGCX5W/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1

MavTime

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Soon to be a Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

this is what i did on mine, i got the idea from someone in the forum is a led bar connected to the turn signal here is the link .
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01EL2CG5O?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

IMG_2040.JPG
These have been out of stock, so I am trying these here probably cut in half to fit that area.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07QLPFZSD

Cheap enough to try, but it will only be 3 amber LEDs since they are spaced out a little more and you can cut them there.

Ford Maverick 💡 Converting the Maverick side badge to a signal lamp light -- DIY how-to and result video [night video added] 1710043790487

RDRahn

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

These have been out of stock, so I am trying these here probably cut in half to fit that area.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07QLPFZSD

Cheap enough to try, but it will only be 3 amber LEDs since they are spaced out a little more and you can cut them there.

1710043790487.png
What about running them vertically along the front edge. That might look good.
Sponsored

Reactions: Dad