First Name
Mongo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mav, 05 M3, 07GSXR
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Well Mongos first issue. I believe its a software bug.
2022, April build date XLT lux

How it happened
Was on way home decided to hit the display button and the screen went black with only clock displed. Thought nothing of it turned car off as display was in that mode.
Next day I go off to work noticed hay where is the display? and or even the clock nothing natha. Hit that dang button a 100 times nothing. But the radio was working leading me to think its got to be a software issue.
As I come to park I went into reverse and for a nano second the display popped on then off again. Put in reverse and waited there for like 30 seconds display came back working again….
FYI I will not be turning of the display again anytime soon…..
Ford Maverick Display died (non op) but got it back 1659997763316
Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
Undecided

How it happened
Was on way home decided to hit the display button and the screen went black with only clock displed. Thought nothing of it turned car off as display was in that mode.
Next day I go off to work noticed hay where is the display? and or even the clock nothing natha. Hit that dang button a 100 times nothing. But the radio was working leading me to think its got to be a software issue.
As I come to park I went into reverse and for a nano second the display popped on then off again. Put in reverse and waited there for like 30 seconds display came back working again….
1659997763316.jpeg
Good morning! Could you privately message us with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer? I'd like to look into this display concern on my end. Thank you!

AceGoliath

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT, 21 Bronco OBX SAS, 10 Fusion SE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

How it happened
1659997763316.jpeg
I have had a couple of instances of the screen go black. Don't worry it's not you turning off your screen. I think it's just a software issue that will hopefully get fixed in a future software update.

In both of my cases a soft reset worked.

When the vehicle ignition is on Press and Hold the Radio Power Button/Volume Dial and the Seek button (>>) at the same time for about 5-10 seconds until the Ford symbol flashes on the screen and it resets. I am 99% sure this will resolve your issue without deleting your presets. If not then I would take it to the dealer.

Last edited:

Scupking

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

How it happened
1659997763316.jpeg
Same thing happened to my new Mav I picked up Saturday. I got in it the day after to set up my radio stations and the radio was on playing but the screen was black. I put it in reverse, the screen then turned on and showed the camera. Everything has been back to normal since then.

Edge Haley

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Edge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PORSCHE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Had the identical problem at 4,900 miles. Car drove fine but no display, just black screen, came back on if you restarted truck. Dealer diagnostics said "bad display cable connection." Dealer said the cable from gear shifter to display had either a little corrosion or bad connection. Had to remove screen panel behind the steering wheel and clean and re-plug in the cable, fixed problem and problem has not come back after 1,000 miles. Obviously under warranty.

ScupKing - same, same, change gear to Reverse and my screen came back on...same symptoms...then in seconds went black again, Reverse or turn off truck screen and it came back again.

Mine was not a software issue....simply a loose cable connection.
One issue with these hy-tech vehicles is there no way to have diagnosed this fix without the service device and Fords software. Meaning problem only a Ford dealer could have fixed this problem.

Interesting that Ford (above) monitors this site.
My dealer Service Advisor, thought my Maverick was the first Maverick to enter their service bad. (7/14/2022)

Last edited:

Sponsored

WesM

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yeah my display has gone off a few times. Just this morning it went all rainbow colored and froze up. If it happens again I will try and get some pictures.

cannon

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL awd
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have a service appointment for saturday for this issue as well as a factory paint flaw where front bumper cover meets the rf fender. The display has gone black on me 3-4 times but comes back after restarting.
Sponsored